Appearance/attraction

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Moez???, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Moez???

Moez??? Active Member

Albums:
    I consider myself average in terms of appearance. That I'm not a guy who stands out on either end of the spectrum. The thing is, I'm very confident in my personality, but can't get over my insecurities over my appearance. I feel like I'm gonna be with a girl I'm not attracted to in a long term relationship (which would be unfair to both of us) because I feel I'm not good enough for other people.

But I am curious, how much does a guys appearance sway women? Does a confident, funny guy who has an average appearance have a better chance than a good looking boring guy?

What about a guy who you would rate with a 6 or a 7 out of 10 on looks, but 9 or 10 personality, in comparison to a guy who rates a 6 or 7 with personality but a 9 or 10 with looks?

I'm asking here because women on this site are very straightforward, honest, blunt, and usually smart.

2. paigexox

Gold Member

Albums:
    To be blunt, a combination of both always wins out over just one quality or the other (and many other things!).

In the example you gave, I would be more likely to stay in a relationship with someone that possessed more personality than looks, because that's what I value more.

3. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

Paigexox nailed it. A combination of decent looks and a decent personality wins everytime. Would you want to go out with a vapid airhead just because she was beautiful, but had no personality or social skills? Neither would we. If I can't carry on a conversation with you, it doesn't matter how good looking you are. Plus if the guy doesn't have a good personality it usually equates to me that his bedroom skills may not be up to my liking either.

4. joe bltsflk

joe bltsflk Member

I remember an episode of "The Dating Game" where the woman picked comedian Stubby Kaye over two hunks because of his hilarious answers. She looked, um, surprised when he came around the partition.

5. JacKNight

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    You need to realize that women are wired differently than men are. As men our biology we put heavier emphasis on looks. This isn't true for women. If you need evidence of this think about how many times you have seen a knock out woman with a guy who was average or even below average looks and thought... how the hell did he get with her? Now take this a step further and think about how many times you have seen the reverse... I'd be willing to bet very seldom to not at all.

6. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:
    For me, confidence and humour are big selling points.

A good looking but boring person is only good for sex with the lights on.

Draft saved Draft deleted