appendix removal

dave2006

Sexy Member
Media
has anyone here had here had the append remove. Is it to they remove your pubic hair?

My buddy said he had his pubic hair completely shaved off along with the hair on his nuts. He said he was sedated when it happen. But he said some guys are awake when they are shaven and that alot of times they prefer a man to have an erection (although they don't encourage it) because it is easier to shave they guy. I can 't understand why you would have to shave the guy's nut when they surgery isn't even close to that area. Also I would think most guy would be mortified having their bush completely shaved off. What was your experience and were you awake?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
When I had my appendectomy I was shaved all right but it was no work of art. The aide simply removed enough hair to ensure a clean operating area, meaning that he shaved from the base of my ribcage to the base of my penis, leaving hairy pects and hair to the sides of my dick.

I looked for all the world like I'd taken a face-first slide into second base with no shirt on.

When I had my appendix out I was eighteen months old. I don't think it was an issue.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dave2006 said:
has anyone here had here had the append remove. Is it to they remove your pubic hair?

When I had my appendectomy 20years ago, my pubic hair was shaved. I was awake at that time, and complained to the man shaving me that with a shaved bush, my sex life would be ruined (I was naive then). He told me I was to keep off sex for at least 2 weeks after the operation, and kindly left a small patch of hair around the base of my shaft to keep me happy.

I understand there is a school of thought that the surgical area should not be shaved because shaving produces a lot of minute cuts on the skin, thereby increasing the risk of infection.

By the way, while the appendix is not that close to the pubes (but it depends on how hirsute you are) much of the pubic hair is shave so that they can sort out your hernia problem IF they discover it during your appendectomy. - at least, that's what they told me then.

I also seem to have read somewhere that it is actually possible to perform keyhole surgery for the appendectomy (through the navel) thereby avoiding a scar on your lower right abdomen.

CAVEAT - Please don't take my words as gospel - it was a long time ago that I read the stuff above - much could have changed since then.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yhtang said:
When I had my appendectomy 20years ago, my pubic hair was shaved. I was awake at that time, and complained to the man shaving me that with a shaved bush, my sex life would be ruined (I was naive then). He told me I was to keep off sex for at least 2 weeks after the operation, and kindly left a small patch of hair around the base of my shaft to keep me happy.

I understand there is a school of thought that the surgical area should not be shaved because shaving produces a lot of minute cuts on the skin, thereby increasing the risk of infection.

By the way, while the appendix is not that close to the pubes (but it depends on how hirsute you are) much of the pubic hair is shave so that they can sort out your hernia problem IF they discover it during your appendectomy. - at least, that's what they told me then.

I also seem to have read somewhere that it is actually possible to perform keyhole surgery for the appendectomy (through the navel) thereby avoiding a scar on your lower right abdomen.

CAVEAT - Please don't take my words as gospel - it was a long time ago that I read the stuff above - much could have changed since then.

just to clarify

pubic hair is shaven to reduce infection. Shaving produces minor cuts but no more than on your face and how frequently do you get severe facial infections from shaving? There is no school of thought among surgeons that a surgical area should not be shaved......
A large area is shaved and sterilized because we have a general idea where the appendix is.....however that isnt always the case. You may have to open a bit more and if the appendix is retrecal youre going to have a large incision
Shaving the pubic hair has nothing to do with herniarraphy (hernia repair)......its sterile procedure to have the area shaved and then cleaned with betadine
Laparoscopic surgery for appendectomies are for elective procedures and when the appendix has not ruptured. If there are any signs of rupture the procedure has to be open. In laparoscopic surgery there are 3 incisions.....1 thru your belly button for the camera and gas, and 2 for tools

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm confused. When my appendix was removed, very little pubes were shaved. only a small area of my abdomen was shaved. The shaving, for me, only extended about 2 inches (5cm) beyond the boudaries of the actual incision.

shaved your balls? They were being unprofessional, and just wanted to have a little fun with you. Shaved all the way up to and including your chest? They must have expected Mr. Magoo to do the surgery.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
During the 6th grade, my appendix was slightly swollen, the cause was never determined even though I saw a doctor about it, but eventually it receded back to normal after a few days, so it was never removed. It hurt pretty bad, yet I could still do things. Maybe it was just a mild case of whatever and the doctor was even waiting for it to get to excruciating levels before he was going to cut me open for it ?

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
I'm confused. When my appendix was removed, very little pubes were shaved. only a small area of my abdomen was shaved. The shaving, for me, only extended about 2 inches (5cm) beyond the boudaries of the actual incision.

shaved your balls? They were being unprofessional, and just wanted to have a little fun with you. Shaved all the way up to and including your chest? They must have expected Mr. Magoo to do the surgery.

i think its another one of the fetish "so there i was getting a physical and the doctor says to me omg you have the biggest cock i have ever seen. please in my entire medical career i have never seen such a beautiful cock. i have 20 patients waiting outside but i would just love to suck it omg" type of ridiculous posts that doesnt happen.

i would just like to point out that in the OR there are usually 2 nurses, one of which is the scrub nurse. Nurses can and DO report ANY abnormal behavior.....shaving some dudes balls for an appendectomy is unusual and most likely would have been reported.....im calling bullshit

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
baseball99 said:
i think its another one of the fetish "so there i was getting a physical and the doctor says to me omg you have the biggest cock i have ever seen. please in my entire medical career i have never seen such a beautiful cock. i have 20 patients waiting outside but i would just love to suck it omg" type of ridiculous posts that doesnt happen.

i would just like to point out that in the OR there are usually 2 nurses, one of which is the scrub nurse. Nurses can and DO report ANY abnormal behavior.....shaving some dudes balls for an appendectomy is unusual and most likely would have been reported.....im calling bullshit
baseball, I don't know how the majority of hospitals these days run their OEs, but the last surgery I had, they did shave a small area (this one was for a 4-vessel angiogram) and they only shave enough area for the incision plus some kind of surgical covering. I don't know what they call it, but it's kinda like that adhesive shelf-paper stuff. they put it over the incisional area after shaving and scrubbing, and the doctor cuts right through it when he makes the incision. It helps cut down on contaminants and support the incision, plus reduces the area that actually needs to be shaved and betadined.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
baseball, I don't know how the majority of hospitals these days run their OEs, but the last surgery I had, they did shave a small area (this one was for a 4-vessel angiogram) and they only shave enough area for the incision plus some kind of surgical covering. I don't know what they call it, but it's kinda like that adhesive shelf-paper stuff. they put it over the incisional area after shaving and scrubbing, and the doctor cuts right through it when he makes the incision. It helps cut down on contaminants and support the incision, plus reduces the area that actually needs to be shaved and betadined.

yep thats common practice.....thats why i look skeptical at people when tehy post....."i had my appendix removed and they shaved everything even my balls".....it just doesnt happen and no surgeon is going to waste the time shaving your balls

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had mine removed when I was about 11 yrs. Got kicked in the side, caused them to almost rupture. What normally would have been 3 days in the hospital turned into a 2 week stay. Even had to have a second operation. It's a long story.
As for shaving....nothing there during that time.
:cool:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
dave2006 said:

My buddy said he had his pubic hair completely shaved off along with the hair on his nuts. He said he was sedated when it happen. But he said some guys are awake when they are shaven and that alot of times they prefer a man to have an erection (although they don't encourage it) because it is easier to shave they guy. I can 't understand why you would have to shave the guy's nut when they surgery isn't even close to that area. Also I would think most guy would be mortified having their bush completely shaved off. What was your experience and were you awake?

Uh, the pubic area is understandable, given where the appendix is according to my anatomy classes, but shaving your balls as well? What, the nurse's aid thought the appendix had possibly migrated further south to the testes?:confused:

If I were you, I'd tell your buddy to check into why they felt it necessary to give him a temporary case of bald balls and see if that's SAP.

B_PATRICKMCC55

Experimental Member
Media
First of all, I suggest that your buddy is either pulling a fast one on you, or for some reason is trying to deflect questions about why his testicles are shaven, because if they are, I would guarantee you he did it.
Medically speaking, the previous answers are mostly correct. Shaving pre-op is is done to reduce infection, make it visually easier for the surgeon, and makes changing dressing a lot less painful for the patient. (Imagine a nurse ripping the tape off a furry stomach). As surgical procedures have advanced, there is less shaving than earlier. Incisions tend to be smaller. And the one poster that commented about surgery through the navel, is correct. It is a newer procedure, designed to limit scarring.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
PATRICKMCC55 said:
First of all, I suggest that your buddy is either pulling a fast one on you, or for some reason is trying to deflect questions about why his testicles are shaven, because if they are, I would guarantee you he did it.
Medically speaking, the previous answers are mostly correct. Shaving pre-op is is done to reduce infection, make it visually easier for the surgeon, and makes changing dressing a lot less painful for the patient. (Imagine a nurse ripping the tape off a furry stomach). As surgical procedures have advanced, there is less shaving than earlier. Incisions tend to be smaller. And the one poster that commented about surgery through the navel, is correct. It is a newer procedure, designed to limit scarring.

i would hope i was correct on that.....i became camera holder person in the OR as does every other medical student while rotating through general surgery

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK said:
Uh, the pubic area is understandable, given where the appendix is according to my anatomy classes, but shaving your balls as well? What, the nurse's aid thought the appendix had possibly migrated further south to the testes?:confused:

If I were you, I'd tell your buddy to check into why they felt it necessary to give him a temporary case of bald balls and see if that's SAP.

maybe the nurse thought it was the appendix of the testes.....:rolleyes:

btw surgeons sterilize and shave the body not the nurses aid