Appetite Swing

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ManlyBanisters, Jul 4, 2007.

1. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

OK - this isn't really a 'women's issue" (I don't think) and it doesn't really involve a penis except tangentally (so not 'Healthy Penis') so I'll bung it in here.

I have completely lost my appetite for food and it seems to have been replaced by horniess.

I'm a 2 to 3 meals a day person, depending how late I get up (yeah, I know I shouldn't skip breakfast, but if it's a choice between being late and being hungry I'd rather be on time). Normally I have to try not to snack between meals (often I fail and take the dog for a longer walk in recompense).

However - in the last 3 days I've struggled to eat 1 meal a day. I'm hungry - I'm bloody starving right now - but the thought of food makes me gag. In a day I'm currently consuming about 5 cups of coffee, c.1/2 litre of water and however much of my dinner I can manage (about half). Even fruit juice and milk are making me queasy.

On top of this my libido has gone through the roof. Which is fine - Mr.B likes a challenge - but 24/7 horniness can be a little distracting.

Now before every single one of you hits reply and types 'pregnant' - I'm not - I mean really - I'm on day 9 of a perfectly normal cycle, I've been 'regular' in that regard for the last 6 months. There have been no contraception cock-ups (forgive the pun). Chances are beyond miniscule.

I feel fine. I feel great, in fact. 'Cept when I think about food or try to eat. I occassionally get the shakes - but then 5 cups of coffee and no food is going to do that, isn't it.

I have to go to the doc's next week anyway, so if it's still going on I'll get it checked out. In the meantime - any suggestions, anyone felt like this or similar - What was it? Did it go away?

Thanks.

2. snoozan

Gold Member

I doubt this is it for you but...

I'm bipolar and this is how I get when I'm manic. And I was like that when I was first pregnant.

Otherwise... could it just be the coffee making you this way? Are you drinking more coffee than usual, or did you switch brands?

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Interesting point - both of them.. No change on the coffee intake really. We switched brands about 2 weeks ago and switched back after 2 days (yes we get through a pack of coffee in 2 days)

and no, I don't think I am bipolar - wouldn't something have come up by now?

4. snoozan

Gold Member

yes, most likely you'd know by now if you were bipolar. i didn't know-know until i was 27, but there was suspicion long before that because i had a bad depressive episode in my late teens.

i can't think of anything except maybe some hormonal changes not related to pregnancy-- did you change your method of contraception? taking any new medicines or supplements?

it could be normal. i'd definitely mention it to your doctor when you go. otherwise, hell, enjoy the weightloss and the extra "exercise" you're getting. :tongue:

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I'm very fortunate in that I've never been prone to depression - it took me quite a long time to stop being one of those cheery 'pull yourself together' assholes.

I don't use hormonal contraception - it's not good for me :rolleyes: - so yeah, as I say, I feel fine - I'll run it by the doc if it hasn't fixed itself

And yes, sex is always the best exercise, not necessarily the best method of exercise - just the best :biggrin1:

Thanks Snoozan! You're a doll! :eek: No - not that kind! :wink:

6. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer New Member

No, she actually is that kind of doll. Three working openings and a button on her back you can push to get her to talk dirty. She's limited to 5 naughty expressions, so the audible portion of the doll kinda sucks, but other than that she's a bundle of fun and a breeze to clean up.
    :biggrin1:

7. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

:lmao:

8. JMeister

JMeister Member

Can't speak to the loss of appetite but eating less often leads to increased horniness. So have your hubby eat less and he should be able to keep up with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted