Apple Charging $5 To Enter Stores

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Apple announced recently that it will now be charging $5 to enter its stores nationwide. Apple is using this strategy in attempt to create less traffic and a more enjoyable environment for its customers.

“For the $5 fee, customers will get an Apple button which will allow them entrance into the store and is used to track the customer’s movements. The president of Apple retail outlets, Vince Sciopiano, noted that the $5 fee could be applied to purchases on that visit.” No longer will you be able to walk in and use their internet to check your email or favorite blogs.

Suprisingly, the overall reaction to Apple’s new policy has been positive. One customer says, “I don’t mind paying $5 to get into the store, if it keeps out the iPhone gawkers and Windows users who want to drool over the new Macs.”

While Apple Geniuses patrol inside the store, Apple “Muscleheads” will guard the window displays and entrances.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is ridiculous! I've been to Apple stores and never encountered the unruly hordes of people. Perhaps they should wait 2 months until the iPhone frenzy dies down a bit, to do something so divisive.

I was at the Apple store in South Jersey the day after the iPod Nano came out. It wasn't full of people. As a matter of fact, so many employees asked if they could help me I was more annoyed by them than other customers in the store.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:dance: Apple's response when more of its suckers...err sorry, customers are willing to pay an arbitrary fee for something else, well anything really.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spending money to spend money, what a mad idea. I hope the greedy cows at apple come a cropper over this before other stores decide to implement similar policies. Honestly, people must be daft to fall for con tricks like this.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Get a room you two! Sheesh.

I would rather pay $5 to go thru the freak show at the midway - at least there the geeks and nerds on display aren't haughty.

ah, state fair week is soon approaching and I'll soon be able to do exactly that. People watching is by far the best ticket attraction at the fair.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As I started reading, I had a sneaking suspicion it was a spoof.

Apple would never charge for entering the store. Half of their customers are first time Apple owners.

Nor do they charge for customer support or the discs that should come with a computer, unlike Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc.

It's amazing how large the anti Apple bias really is.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
As I started reading, I had a sneaking suspicion it was a spoof.

Apple would never charge for entering the store. Half of their customers are first time Apple owners.

Nor do they charge for customer support or the discs that should come with a computer, unlike Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc.

It's amazing how large the anti Apple bias really is.
Yeah, it's only exceeded by the snobbery of Apple users.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Hryblkone

Sexy Member
Media
Oh, Chico8 let me count the ways...maybe it could do with the fact that whatever apple product you buy will be obsolete in 3 years. They pushed back the new OSX for that greed-inducing iPhone you froth over. And speaking of the iPhone the price to replace the battery is insane not to mention you need to send it to their plant and for all you illegal downloaders that may not be result in some legal problems down the line.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, Chico8 let me count the ways...maybe it could do with the fact that whatever apple product you buy will be obsolete in 3 years. They pushed back the new OSX for that greed-inducing iPhone you froth over. And speaking of the iPhone the price to replace the battery is insane not to mention you need to send it to their plant and for all you illegal downloaders that may not be result in some legal problems down the line.

Hmmm. I gave my 8 year old iMac to my nephew last year. It's not only running Tiger, the most recent OS, but he also uses it to play games, watch DVDs, record music and pretty much everything he wants.

I have a friend who up until last year was using an even older Mac. I can of course still use OS9 on my current Mac. OSX was introduced in 2001.

How many PCs are able to run 8 year old software and how much PC can be used on 8 year old PCs. Ahhh, I thought so. Microsoft cancels its support for anything more than 3 years old.

I'm not sure what you mean by the bit that I bolded, perhaps you're saying that illegal downloaders are going to be taken to court?

Apple offers an upgrade service for laptop hard drives and of course has been repairing iPods for years. Not a single case from the RIAA has come from Apple. They don't care what you have on your computer unlike Microsoft. Unless I'm mistaken, Vista cannot be installed unless your computer can call home to the mothership.

How many viruses exist for MS? There aren't any for the Mac.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media

How many PCs are able to run 8 year old software and how much PC can be used on 8 year old PCs. Ahhh, I thought so. Microsoft cancels its support for anything more than 3 years old.

I was using an ancient PC with Windows98 on it up until last month. It was slow, but it worked fine and never gave me any problems! Microsoft didn't stop supporting Windows98 until just last summer.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

That is not true. I have spoken with a few customers who were treated not only badly by Apple's support team, but told that in order for them to figure out and fix the problem they would charge her $50. (She was having a MacMail Issue)

Also Dell does not charge for support with the part they make, the hardware, and is free for the lifespan of the PC.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How many viruses exist for MS? There aren't any for the Mac.

You my friend are incorrect there are Viruses for Macs and their is even an a company that produces Anti-Virus software for Macs (Made by the same company as Macafee)

Everything has flaws, nothing is perfect.