April 15 th

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr Ed in Mass, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    April 15th is tax day in the United States.
    How many people on LPSG actually pay taxes ?,how many are helped by taxes [ hanicapped or disabled ] and how many are content to suck the teat of society dry?

I'll go first,I pay my share and then some...........You?

2. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Do you now?
    Well I don't pay taxes.
    I have no income that is reportable and I have never filed taxes since I don't own a damn thing.
    NEXT!
    cigarbabe:saevil:

Hi Ed!

#2 B_cigarbabe, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  3. crescendo69

Gold Member

Many part-time jobs with some self-employment, here. With the taxes withdrawn from two jobs' paychecks, and the deductions from self employment, I usually don't owe anything by tax day, and get a refund. I don't really know offhand how much I wind up paying, but my accountant does. I always postpone filing until Oct. because I procrastinate and my accountant is less busy then.

4. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

:smileeek::smileeek::smileeek::smileeek::smileeek::smileeek::smileeek::smileeek::smileeek:Oh do YOU! what about the 100k that you keep in you bra? no wonder you're a 38DD

#4 Mr Ed in Mass, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  5. purplewhitemajor

Def. Paid mine even when they owed me from last year. Damn IRS!

6. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

P.S. Why am I looking at myself?

7. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Paid, and it was reeeally painful this year. :irked:

8. midlifebear

Gold Member

I always pay and have always owed taxes every year since I was 16. I not only pay personal income tax, I've got corporate taxes, property taxes, and "self-employment" taxes that I hand over to the IRS every year. Then there's the "foreign income" tax they tell me to pay up front on what they think I'm going to owe from years past, then send me a partial refund check back about 1.5 years later which I then have to add to my US income for the year in which I receive the refund and yet again figure into my personal income tax for the current year I receive the refund. Rube Goldberg couldn't have possibly designed a more unbalanced tax system still full of loop holes favoring even the modestly wealthy.

If everyone making under $250,000 a year with just the standard 2.5 kids and mortgage deductions really knew what was going on, it wouldn't be the small time millionaires playing "tea party" claiming they're being treated unfairly with the current bailout policies. It would be every employee at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, McDonalds, every nurse, general office worker . . . basically the majority of US citizens who cannot finesse their earnings to reflect an illusory "loss" every year who would be going after the "Tea Party" crowd insisting upon chewing out some red, bloody flesh. And I'm not referring to government flesh, the Tea Baggers would suffer the first life-threatening wounds from the great, unwashed masses before the IRS and the government started to feel the bites.

But unlike most people in my tax bracket, I willingly step up to the plate and admit to the taxes I really owe and I pay them. My CPA thinks I'm absolutely crazy.

#8 midlifebear, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  9. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Paid all 31 dollars I owed

10. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL. Oh, to be 19 again. Pretty sure I have about $31 left to my name now that the gov't has finished picking my pocket. :eek:

Cost me $31 to FedEx my wallet to Tim Geithner & Co., actually... :mad:

#10 VeeP, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  11. rheno

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Haven't got stuff to my name so no taxes for me, but I wish more Mexicans did pay taxes.

12. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I watch roughly 26% of every paycheck vanish into the ether of the IRS coffers...and I have until midnight tonight to cough up a couple grand more.

Apparently due to my marginally more successful 2008 income, I no longer qualify for several deductions and credits that have been available to me in the past...like interest on my student loan payments. I also am not eligible to contribute to my Roth IRA this year...and likely never will be able to do so again.

Don't get me wrong, I recognize the need for federal taxes...but the IR code is definitely structured in a manner that presents definite barriers to incremental acceleration of wealth.

13. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

:no: I feel your pain! :no:
    The Wall Street implosion changed the balance of my W2 and 1099 income, so the self-employment taxes really got me this year. Oy.

Waiting until today to pay online (Federal and State (3 states :no:)) just made it that much more painful. :( Somehow, I need to add some kids for ultimate tax benefits. :scratchchin:

14. fluoro

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I paid the government more than half of what I had left in my bank accounts today, after having paid quarterlies throughout the year. No wonder I'm feeling stressed today.

Draft saved Draft deleted