Aquariumists? (probably not a word)

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by hornplayer_69, Mar 28, 2010.

1. hornplayer_69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey I am fairly new to owning an aquarium but have become kind of obsessed i have went from a 30 gallon to a 56 gallon and have it stocked with african cichlids and a synodontis catfish. Anyone else here into anything simular? YouTube - 56 gallon African Cichlid aquarium a vid of my aquarium on youtube.

2. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

How about the term "Aquamarinist?" I just made it up (I think) so it may not even be a real word.

I had a 60-gallon tank once time and enjoyed it - although my poodle loved it more by sitting in a chair next to it and staring for hours. Changing the tank was a no-fun affair and after the fish got ick (?) I gave it up.

3. AquaEyes11010

AquaEyes11010 Active Member

Albums:
    The term you're both thinking of is "aquarists" and refers to people who are interested in maintaining aquariums. I had a 75gal freshwater planted tank with a pair of angel fish, big school of cardinal tetras, freshwater shrimp and lots of others. I loved it. Unfortunately, I had a filter disaster overnight that left me with a tank of dead critters the following morning. Because I was planning on going back to school in a year or so at the time, I didn't set it up again, and gave it to a friend for his bearded dragon. I'd love to set up another but have decided to wait until I own my home and won't have to worry about breaking it down if I move. Maybe I'll try some nano tanks in the near future. My dream is a 200gal (or bigger) planted discus aquarium....ah, someday....

:)

4. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    For a while our household had an aquarium, not very big, but we grew brine shrimp for them to eat and kept replanting so they had a proper balance in the water ph and had someplace to put all the swatted flies. Their water was very good for the garden. Very sad when we had to move house and could not set it up again.

Even though it was me the mom person who ended up doing most of the maintenance, it was great learning for the offspring what was likely out in our river.

Draft saved Draft deleted