Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Boondocksaints, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Boondocksaints

Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew | World news | The Guardian

Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew

A Palestinian man has been convicted of rape after having consensual sex with a woman who had believed him to be a fellow Jew.
    Sabbar Kashur, 30, was sentenced to 18 months in prison on Monday after the court ruled that he was guilty of rape by deception. According to the complaint filed by the woman with the Jerusalem district court, the two met in downtown Jerusalem in September 2008 where Kashur, an Arab from East Jerusalem, introduced himself as a Jewish bachelor seeking a serious relationship. The two then had consensual sex in a nearby building before Kashur left.

#1 Boondocksaints, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
  2. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm going to open a suit against this women in Florida I thought was rich before I gave her a fuck. Turned out she was getting zip from her ex and I never would have slept with her if I'd known she was poor.

3. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hell, if I was able to sue every man who lied about his dick size before sleeping with me.....well, I think we'd all be rich beyond our wildest imaginations :rolleyes:

4. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do they honestly expect anyone to believe that men lie in order to get laid? No way does this ever happen.:rolleyes:

I hope the woman in this case ends up bitter and alone. How stupid and pathetic can one woman be?

5. houtx48

Gold Member

jip= Jewish Israeli Princess...... When are we going to Miami?

6. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Un-fucking-believable, though evidently true. (I found the same story reported in Ha'aretz.) On the other hand, Gideon Levy's comment ("What if this guy had been a Jew who pretended to be a Muslim and had sex with a Muslim woman? Would he have been convicted of rape? The answer is: of course not") is not as well supported by the facts as one might think. The ruling in the present case followed a ruling by the High Court in 2008 that had nothing to do with Jews or Arabs:

(Source; bold type added.)

A fatuous ruling, to be sure, but one without racial, ethnic, or religious bias.

#6 Calboner, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  7. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    all my serious relationships start out with sex in a nearby building.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Best relationship advice... ever. :biggrin1:

9. maxcok

Gold Member

Following this 'logic', shouldn't the women he had sex with be prosecuted for (theoretical) prostitution? :confused:

Just sayin . . . :rolleyes:

10. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm confused, how could this happen? Doesn't rape involve force or some type of non-consensual act? People lie all the time about pretty much everything. To know that some woman could press a lawsuit like this and win makes me rather ill. People like this are why real victums suffer.

11. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't know somewhere is a line.
    If any guy ever lied about money or promised materials and money would be guilty of rape it would be rather ridiculous. Impersonating as a high official at a authority and making promises out of that position to me is enough deception to be considered rape.
    Lying about once faith? Now that should not be a valid lawsuit.

12. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I disagree with you. In my opinion rape is a non-consensual act of violence against another person. So what if he lied. She should get over it. Men (and women) lie, it happens.

"In criminal law, rape is an assault by a person involving sexual intercourse with another person without that person's consent. Outside of law, the term is often used interchangeably with sexual assault,[1][2][3] a closely related (but in most jurisdictions technically distinct) form of assault typically including rape and other forms of non-consensual sexual activity.[4][5]"

13. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    But at some point a lie can become mental pressure and violence.

14. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, but saying hey I'm Jewish as well... that is not violence or mental pressure in my mind. I hate to be judgemental, but I was raised Baptist. Believe me I went through many years of saying "No, God wouldn't want me to." No one made me change my mind, I made the decision.

I could see it if he made her say "yes," but it sounds to me like she said yes of her own free will. Even though he lied to her about his faith, she consented to sex regardless.

15. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree with you there, but i never said anything different, i just said that impersonating to be a high member of an authority and using the promise or threat of the authorities powers is going to far and to me the result can not be called consensual sex anymore.

16. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    OK, I misunderstood what you were trying to say. Someone more powerful or in a position of authority using said power or position to force someone into "consenting" would be considered rape in my opinion.

17. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I'm sure you meant to say theological prostitution, now didn't you, max?!

18. maxcok

Gold Member

Really? I fail to see your logic. Setting aside the statutory rape of minors, the rape of an adult, as commonly defined, involves the use of or threat of force, at the very least some coercive threat or nonconsensual sexual violation, just as submissivegirl described. Prostitution involves the payment of, or offer to pay, some material reward in exchange for sexual services, regardless of the size or nature of the reward - be it $20 for a blowjob, a new Jaguar for a mistress, or a better apartment with increased insurance payments.

This is not to excuse the men involved or to say they did not act unethically. There may even have been crimes committed, possibly of a civil nature involving fraud, but I fail to see where either case constitutes "rape".

Even if you were lying about having a gun it would be the threat of violence, not actual violence. Lying about putting someone in some sort of serious jeopardy would constitute "mental pressure" yes, but I fail to see where anyone was threatened in either situation as described, even coerced or pressured.

From what I read the second case involved a man who claimed he and his wife were government bureaucrats who could do special favors for these women. I didn't see where he claimed either of them were "a high member of an authority" that could bring pressure to bear on them.

'Promising' someone something in exchange for sex does not constitute rape, though it might be considered solicitation. Can you please show me in either case where there was any "threat" involved? :confused:

Actually, in the example quoted from Calboner that I commented on there was no theology involved.
    I assume you're playing a cheeky word game though, and that's fine. :wink:

#18 maxcok, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  19. dreamer20

Gold Member

^^But it is an unfair gender-biased ruling.

Both are cases of fraud and not rape, as mentioned in the article. The high court justice shouldn't label such men as rapists. Kashur's conviction as a sex offender was ridiculous and unjust.

20. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Absolutely not.

This is a clearly racist ruling. The premise of the case centres around the fact that the woman was fine until she found out the guy was an Arab not Jewish. This sketch from Little Britain illustrates quite well her reaction!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89rS6dXdELc&feature=related

Furthermore, she perjured herself, & initially claimed she had been violently raped - no charge for her.

The man didn't claim to be Jewish, he used a Jewish sounding name, which allows more acceptance for Arabs in Israel, & lets face it, a million Jewish people anglicized their names when they migrated to Western countries themselves!

She approached the guy, was shagging him in minutes in a nearby office block, & somehow this is enough for a female judge to decide that the woman was even after a serious long term relationship!?

The other case mentioned shows a clear mens rea. This is more typical of buyer's remorse, which is not actionable retroactively in any country.

Clearly a racist woman, & clearly a racist ruling.
    Palestinian jailed for rape after claiming to be Jewish - Telegraph

On the plus side, if you are Jewish,Israel seems like a good place to score!

#20 B_crackoff, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted