Are Abs A Must In Your Fitness Goals

I know we see all these vids and promotions about how to "slim down belly fat and get that six pack you've been dreaming off." I wanted to know how many of you actually view abs as a must-have in your fitness agenda. For me, YES, lol. It's like apart of me, it's my trademark. Some of you have heard me use Bruce Lee goals, Like I really want abs that are defined like his were. And just to note it, we got eight of those things, and we're making great progress.

Nick Briggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
For summer, yes.
Don't mind them disappearing during a bulk.
Best I've ever had back at my highest level of fitness was being slim and lean with toned Arms, Lats, Traps, and Legs. I had a visible six pack abs set with obliques and the "V-cut" when i flexed, but i never was able to achieve true definition and bulking of the ab muscles themselves to have what your profile pic has for example....

I just could never bring myself to "eat right" even back then when 3 hrs of my day 5 days a week was either in the weight room, running around a track or on a treadmill, or doing body weight exercises. Love food and soda too much haha.

For me abs are not a "must have" anymore, they use to be, but I'm more realistic with myself now and just accept my bad habits for the time being. Maybe that'll change again...

My must have is high level strength / power, and being healthy. Would i love to have adonis-like abs, and that cosmetic physique that make the ladies instantly activate their slut modes for me... absolutely... but my lifestyle is too chaotic for me to be able to honestly dedicate the time necessary for that goal to be in my reach along with everything else i need / honestly want my time dedicated more to right now.

Its a cop out... i know... i was a fitness junkie "back when"... and if my "Prime Self" saw me right now he'd wanna slap me around... but its just not a top priority for now.... so for now... abs are not necessary... just wanna keep high level strength.

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yes, abs are an absolute must for me for the simple fact that they are so hard to acquire and maintain, especially as you get older. As a result, they're the one physical attribute I'm most paranoid of losing and even if I miss a workout, I never fail to exercise them including on rest days. When I first started developing them a little over a year and a half ago, I completely changed my diet just because I was so encouraged that they had started to appear.

I see a fair share of physically fit/toned older men at the gym but rarely do you see any definition in their core despite having a nice chest. Therefore, I know that keeping my legs, arms, and chest toned is possible, but abs present a significantly harder challenge. I want to enjoy mine for as long as possible.

I like mine the way they are at present and although I'd like to tone them up a bit more, I'd be perfectly fine with keeping what I have for the next couple of years.

Reactions: AI93JR

Best I've ever had back at my highest level of fitness was being slim and lean with toned Arms, Lats, Traps, and Legs. I had a visible six pack abs set with obliques and the "V-cut" when i flexed, but i never was able to achieve true definition and bulking of the ab muscles themselves to have what your profile pic has for example....

I just could never bring myself to "eat right" even back then when 3 hrs of my day 5 days a week was either in the weight room, running around a track or on a treadmill, or doing body weight exercises. Love food and soda too much haha.

For me abs are not a "must have" anymore, they use to be, but I'm more realistic with myself now and just accept my bad habits for the time being. Maybe that'll change again...

My must have is high level strength / power, and being healthy. Would i love to have adonis-like abs, and that cosmetic physique that make the ladies instantly activate their slut modes for me... absolutely... but my lifestyle is too chaotic for me to be able to honestly dedicate the time necessary for that goal to be in my reach along with everything else i need / honestly want my time dedicated more to right now.

Its a cop out... i know... i was a fitness junkie "back when"... and if my "Prime Self" saw me right now he'd wanna slap me around... but its just not a top priority for now.... so for now... abs are not necessary... just wanna keep high level strength.
Nothing wrong with that man, in fact health should be everybody's must have. When we talk about wealth, health should be a part of the discussion. But yeah, I want to be strong too. I'm not a big guy, I'm mid 130s and I'm 11 percent body fat. So, I get teased about being "skinny" and body shamed by girls that are bigger than me, but I don't care. I like my size, and just because I'm no "Adonis" doesn't mean I can't be built strong. Bruce Lee wasn't a big guy, but he was strong AF. Good for you man.

Reactions: Gj816

Yes, abs are an absolute must for me for the simple fact that they are so hard to acquire and maintain, especially as you get older. As a result, they're the one physical attribute I'm most paranoid of losing and even if I miss a workout, I never fail to exercise them including on rest days. When I first started developing them a little over a year and a half ago, I completely changed my diet just because I was so encouraged that they had started to appear.

I see a fair share of physically fit/toned older men at the gym but rarely do you see any definition in their core despite having a nice chest. Therefore, I know that keeping my legs, arms, and chest toned is possible, but abs present a significantly harder challenge. I want to enjoy mine for as long as possible.

I like mine the way they are at present and although I'd like to tone them up a bit more, I'd be perfectly fine with keeping what I have for the next couple of years.

I feel that, that's another reason I stay active. I'm not one who likes to be limited, I want to be able to do anything I want to do. I feel that though with the abs. I must day, you definitely have a nice strong set of abs. You got those George St Pierre armored abs, lol.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
They are a goal for sure. Actually I can feel my abs, I just can't see then yet. Too much belly fat. I've started a new workout routine and back on my diet, so we'll see. It's definitely not for lack of trying. They are definitely a goal I hope to obtain.

Reactions: AI93JR

They are a goal for sure. Actually I can feel my abs, I just can't see then yet. Too much belly fat. I've started a new workout routine and back on my diet, so we'll see. It's definitely not for lack of trying. They are definitely a goal I hope to obtain.

And it'll be done. You ever want advice on exercises let me know, I will admit, I'm a little crazy when it comes to fitness, lol.

Reactions: Gj816