Are auto-flush toilets crap?!

How do you feel about auto-flush toilets?

• Auto-flush toilets are useful members of society. I have several on my friends list.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I love auto flush toilets so much I'm having them installed in my home!

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • * sob * I lost my BFF when she was auto-flushed down the toilet

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Auto-flush toilets are the work of the devil and his food cake.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Oh, fuck off... who cares?

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know, I know, weird subject.

* start of rant *

I don't get the point of auto-flush toilets.

If the point is to save water, they don't. Seems like a lot of women stand up to wipe, which means that the toilets end up being flushed twice: (1) once when the toilet flushes the minute they stand up; (2) the second time when the woman manually flushes the loo when she's done.

If the point is to make sure the toilet is flushed and empty for the next occupant... WTF? Are there that many lazy bastards around?! Practically all commercial establishments (shops, restaurants, etc.) spend money on fancy plumbing... For what?!

And why all the auto dispensing water/soap/paper towel dispensers. It's getting so bad that the other day I held my cup in front of a soda dispensing machine, waiting for an auto fill... :eek:

* end of rant *

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I stand to wipe. Much easier for me than squatting. I don't sit on public toilets, but I do rest my hands on the seat after lining it. What I find happens is I put the seat-liner down, then turn to unbuckle and unzip. As I lower myself, the toilet flushes. What? Do I really take that long to undress for peeing? Wow.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think they're better than having to reach down to grab a handle to flush. Of course you can use your foot. The only time I REALLY prefer auto flush is at the urinals. They should all be auto flush. I don't want to touch the handle because I don't know how many hands/dicks touched the handle before me.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You wash your hands? :) A friend years ago would wash his hands BEFORE going to pee. His reason - because his hands are dirtier than his dick. Makes sense actually!

fire77

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don' mind the auto flush but I agree they can be irritating sometimes.

Seated at home because its my private toilet and we have a bedit, its great for washing, I normally remain standing/squatting everywhere else.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You wash your hands? :) A friend years ago would wash his hands BEFORE going to pee. His reason - because his hands are dirtier than his dick. Makes sense actually!

Depending on what I've been doing I wash my hands before and after too. Handling money, touching people, and eating are examples of things that will cause me to at least rinse my hands off before peeing.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't like them. I've really only encountered them at airports I think. I'm not big on doing business in a public facility unless it's absolutely necessary. I think they waste more water then they save.
PS I wash my hands before and after.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes they are crap. I work for a plumbing company and these things are a nightmare to get to work properly.

Guess what happens when the power goes out? You can't flush the damn things.

Have any of you seen the dual flush toliets where you pull the handle one way for solids and the other way for when you only take a piss? Suppose to use less water but how many people are going to stop and read the small print on the handle?

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Spend a a week or two in Tokyo with the simply awesome, high tech toilets there that warm, wash, flush, blow dry and otherwise regale everything south of the border when your business is done and you'll be looking for another option on that poll.

First thing I did when I got home was to find out where to get one.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have any of you seen the dual flush toliets where you pull the handle one way for solids and the other way for when you only take a piss? Suppose to use less water but how many people are going to stop and read the small print on the handle?

Europe has had these for years. Usually there are buttons either on the wall or the top of the tank. Pushing one side is for when you pee and there is a minor flush and pushing both is for the major flush and some of them have a water saving feature that, if you touch the button while it's flushing, it will stop the water flow. The flush will complete but the water in the tank is conserved.

I wonder why in the US we don't have the tanks built into the walls like in European homes and apartments. It really saves space and makes the bathroom lines look cleaner.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes they are crap. I work for a plumbing company and these things are a nightmare to get to work properly.

Guess what happens when the power goes out? You can't flush the damn things.

Dual flush toilets are standard here. One button is for a small flush, the other for a big flush. And no one has to 'read the small print' because it's standard. These toilets really are everywhere. Can't remember the last time I saw a one-button flush.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the small button inside the large usually.

or a handle... push for half, push & hold for full.
very, very common.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Europe has had these for years. Usually there are buttons either on the wall or the top of the tank. Pushing one side is for when you pee and there is a minor flush and pushing both is for the major flush and some of them have a water saving feature that, if you touch the button while it's flushing, it will stop the water flow. The flush will complete but the water in the tank is conserved.

I wonder why in the US we don't have the tanks built into the walls like in European homes and apartments. It really saves space and makes the bathroom lines look cleaner.

I have designed and installed many of those in-wall tanks in my projects in New York. They have been available in the US for a few years now and I always recommend them to my clients.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Buttons? Tanks built into walls? Blow-dryers? Warm water?

I feel like such a rube... :Flush:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think some of you all would die if you had to live in the real world. Flushing with your feet? lol

At my factory we have six porcelain squatters. Totally low tech with a short hose for rinsing off and a pull chain to release the water from the tank that is mounted near the ceiling. There are benefits. It is a completely no touch system so there is no possibility of germs touching your pristine butts. You have to have decent quads and glutes to get up from that position and no one spends much time in there because your legs go to sleep if you squat for too long.

At home we have the standard two button in-wall tank with a wall mounted toilet. The bidet spout is built-in to the rim of the toilet so it's very convenient and sanitary.

Auto-flushers are common in public spaces here and they seem to work ok.