Are auto-flush toilets crap?!

How do you feel about auto-flush toilets?

• Auto-flush toilets are useful members of society. I have several on my friends list.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I love auto flush toilets so much I'm having them installed in my home!

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • * sob * I lost my BFF when she was auto-flushed down the toilet

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Auto-flush toilets are the work of the devil and his food cake.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Oh, fuck off... who cares?

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

curiositykilledcat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I vote for auto-flush toilets with manual override capability, at least in public bathrooms, because all it takes is 1 swine (who thinks Consuela will clean up after him) to stink up the whole place and induce collective constipation.

The sensor technology is still crappy though, that's why I like a manual flush override that does not require power.

Don't you guys agree it makes courtesy-flushing more convenient? All you have to do is moon the wall behind you.

Long time lurker, ironically my first post here. Being a guy with a small penis living vicariously through the well hung, this is the first topic so far in which I have anything worthwhile to contribute.

1. Most aut-flush DO have manual override. For urinals, usually on top of the black casing. For toilets, usually next to the little red light. You should be able to see the button, or at least feel the protrusion with your fingers. Soft round disk in the hard plastic, a bit easier to locate than the G spot.

2. Many public bathrooms have auto-flush because the franchise requires them for sanitary reasons, for example Sheraton, Holiday Inn Express, etc. Some people just don't flush, and like to leave the next user with a stinky surprise. Some people don't want to touch the handle that others have used their feet on, while others just don't care.

3. The "failure" of the sensors are usually human error, not on the part of the user, but the installer. The factory setting is usually max distance (flush the second you approach) or min (gotta wave your hand for half an hour over the darn thing). Most of them work very well if calibrated properly, with adjustments to distance, delay, etc. I'm obsessive compulsive (I've found myself sorting CDs to the correct slots at music stores), and have on occasions calibrated the toilet sensors to optimal setting for random establishments.

4. There are class-5 (meaning, they can suck down ping pong balls) water saving toilets available to the residential market. Kohler makes a nice one for about $300, available at Home Depot. They have an air pressure tank inside the water tank to help things "move along," while only using water to rinse the bowl.

Last edited:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nothing worse than opening the stall door and seeing some stranger's business still in the bowl. I'm all for automatic flush toilets at airports and the like.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Slightly.

I have a great idea for American public washrooms... Surgical rubber glove dispensers. We could make a fortune I think. Also, a dispenser for those disposable plastic galoshes you can pull on over your shoes would be a hit by the sound of things. Or how about a gizmo that would automatically spray disinfectant on the flush handle after each use? Could sell that idea to Lysol...

i say cover the ceiling with a grid of monkey bars... ya could swing in, do the business without even getting close to touching a pristine bottom to hygienically questionable seat. bum dryers, motion activated.

auto flush. disinfected spray. some sort of seat squeegee. a sanitary shoe rinse with optional febreeze spritz.

toe activated sinks installed outside of the bathroom.

a germ free experience, and an upper body work out.

maybe something like a modified ski lift for those with physical limitations.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i confess...i always carry a few spare pairs of surgical gloves. but you never know when they might come in handy!

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
touch the door handle,
touch the dirty handle,
touch the tap,
wash hands,
touch the tap,
dry hands,
touch the door handle.

ew.
this is why i use the hand sanitiser i keep in my purse, after i leave the restroom.

This is a big gripe I have, the doors to the restrooms almost always open inward so you have to grab the door handle to get out. This is why I always use a paper towel to open the door with. I hate using a public toilet, people are so nasty I hope they don't that in their homes!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a big gripe I have, the doors to the restrooms almost always open inward so you have to grab the door handle to get out. This is why I always use a paper towel to open the door with. I hate using a public toilet, people are so nasty I hope they don't that in their homes!

Gawd all you germ-a-phobes!

When was the last time you got the clap or any infection from a public restroom touching the door handle?

Your body can handle it, honestly. Besides do you lick your fingers and pick your nose after exiting the public restroom?

This is a testament to all the marketing corporations instilling the fear of germs to make you buy their products - and by all accounts it's working!

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Slightly.

I have a great idea for American public washrooms... Surgical rubber glove dispensers. We could make a fortune I think. Also, a dispenser for those disposable plastic galoshes you can pull on over your shoes would be a hit by the sound of things. Or how about a gizmo that would automatically spray disinfectant on the flush handle after each use? Could sell that idea to Lysol...

Well washing your hands ain't all that...:smile:

New zip code for London: WC2 | Society | Society Guardian

I couldn't believe that I'd missed this in all my previous visits! It's even worse IRL, there literally is no privacy, & it is literally in a massively busy place. Handwash, dryers, paper - hahaha.

You're better off pissing against a wall than this.

BTW - in a previous life, I had to help a plumber roger the drains of my club's toilets.

Women use far too much paper. Throw all the stuff that you've not wiped your bits with IN THE BIN! It blocks up the pipes!

Last edited:

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Women use far too much paper. Throw all the stuff that you've not wiped your bits with IN THE BIN! It blocks up the pipes!

I sympathize very much... I am constantly unclogging my toilets due to my wife using a ridiculous amount of TP. She doesn't like her hand to get wet, which I understand, so she uses a ton of the stuff. It drives me nuts. All the waste!

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

When was the last time you got the clap or any infection from a public restroom touching the door handle?

Your body can handle it, honestly. Besides do you lick your fingers and pick your nose after exiting the public restroom?

This is a testament to all the marketing corporations instilling the fear of germs to make you buy their products - and by all accounts it's working!

No, I just don't want to touch a door handle that some jerk touched after taking a shit and not washing his hands. I worked with a guy that did this.

How do you know that you've never caught a cold or flu from touching a door handle?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
could all of you please stop assuming that everyone is able bodied enough to do that!

the elderly, those with joint & balance problems, people with learning disabilities, someone with an artificial limb or a broken leg in a cast, someone with dwarfism, etc, etc, etc.

:mad:

it's pissing me off.
They should still not be using their hands. As I originally said, I use paper when I can't use my foot. If they do not know better than to not touch a public flushometer with bare hands, I hope they are better than most at hand-washing.

Never had any complaints about my auto fill option. :rolleyes::wink:

There is only one answer to this and the winner gets oral :eek:
That's some prize. How's the game played?

I was raised not to touch things in public rest areas, train stations, bannisters/handrails etc. I was also raised to wash my hands before and after eating, after using the toilet (and sometimes before), after handling money or mail, after scooping the litter box, and when first arriving at home or at the home of someone else. Not everyone agrees with these practices, which makes it all the more important for me to adhere to them. Your question is a bit odd. When was the last time I caught something from a doorknob? Um. I wash my hands a lot and avoid touching things other people touch. I have caught colds from holding onto the handrail on the subway and absentmindedly touching my face. You say some people are phobic, I say some people are not sufficiently attentive to hygiene.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I carry a mini purse sized bottle of hand sanitizer in all of my handbags.
After the whole flush, get out of the toilet touching grotty germy handles, then putting hands on grotty germy taps to turn the water on and then putting clean hands back onto grotty germy taps to tun the water off......fuckit...as soon as I'm outta there I'm using the hand sanitizer.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Long time lurker, ironically my first post here. Being a guy with a small penis living vicariously through the well hung, this is the first topic so far in which I have anything worthwhile to contribute.

1. Most aut-flush DO have manual override. For urinals, usually on top of the black casing. For toilets, usually next to the little red light. You should be able to see the button, or at least feel the protrusion with your fingers. Soft round disk in the hard plastic, a bit easier to locate than the G spot.

2. Many public bathrooms have auto-flush because the franchise requires them for sanitary reasons, for example Sheraton, Holiday Inn Express, etc. Some people just don't flush, and like to leave the next user with a stinky surprise. Some people don't want to touch the handle that others have used their feet on, while others just don't care.

3. The "failure" of the sensors are usually human error, not on the part of the user, but the installer. The factory setting is usually max distance (flush the second you approach) or min (gotta wave your hand for half an hour over the darn thing). Most of them work very well if calibrated properly, with adjustments to distance, delay, etc. I'm obsessive compulsive (I've found myself sorting CDs to the correct slots at music stores), and have on occasions calibrated the toilet sensors to optimal setting for random establishments.

4. There are class-5 (meaning, they can suck down ping pong balls) water saving toilets available to the residential market. Kohler makes a nice one for about $300, available at Home Depot. They have an air pressure tank inside the water tank to help things "move along," while only using water to rinse the bowl.

Welcome to LPSG!

Can you override it to NOT flush until you flush it manually?

Class 5 toilets sound interesting, although it's ironic to now have a bladder in the toilet tank... (air bladder) (Forgive the word play. My bad)

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i confess...i always carry a few spare pairs of surgical gloves. but you never know when they might come in handy!

Hmmmm.... We're painting the house and I have boxes of the things lying around.

After reading through this thread, I'm thinking that Michael Jackson (the "gloved one") was onto something! :eek:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

more likely,

e-coli
intestinal worms
an upset tummy

maybe no biggy to you.
but what if you were pregnant or had a weakened immune system?