Are bare blowjobs "safe" sex?

hugefan69: I was chatting with a guy who insisted on condoms during blow jobs. He didn't believe it was any safer than intercourse. I've rarely used a condom for oral, but always for fucking.

What do you guys think/know? What are the odds of passing HIV or other STDs with oral sex?

chicago_girl: MY friend got HIV from having only oral sex. But getting other STD's is also possible.

BIGBOYDAVE: Most Medical professionals will tell u oral sex is safe as long as u do not have any open sores or cuts in your mouth .
Apparently your stomach fluids and saliva will kill most anyhing.
I have asked drs they say for the most part it's safe but as in anything sexual it's up to you if you are not comfortable with one on let your partner know . For me sucking cock with a rubber on is boaring I might just as well suck on a dildo.

slipnslide: Rubbers for blowjobs suck..... but to be on the safe side I think it is neccessary.
For the person giving the blow, the taste is awful. The so-called "flavored" condoms taste like flavored rubber (NASTY!).
For the receiver, most of the feeling is lost. :'(

Besides open sores, and other nasty things like that....
Have any of you heard about that skin infection going around L.A. and San Fran right now? You can read about it on gay.com , under "LA mystery disease hits S.F."

BIGBOYDAVE: Also on gay .com under The HEALTH & HIV section there is an artical by a dron this very subject
How safe is oral sex?

hugefan69: Thanks for the link Big Boy. Good stuff there. I liked the answer to "Can a big top do damage?"

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, oral sex is how herpes became a genital disease. The only real safe sex without a condom is outercourse.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop was the real pioneer in AIDS reearch. According to him, the contraction of HIV through oral sex only is highly unlikely unless there are open sores or lesions in the mouth or the active partner has a gum disease, such as gingivitis, where the gum separates from the base of the teeth. The problem is that many people have gingivitis and are in the danger zone before they ever notice the symptoms.

Mighty_Joe: Since I have had a fetish for "rubbers" for as long as I can remember, giving head to a condomed cock is doubly exciting.

BIGBOYDAVE: [quote author=doghorn link=board=sex;num=1044575505;start=0#9 date=02/10/03 at 16:01:31]You can get gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, and chlamydia from unprotected oral sex.    :-[

Here's a link (one of many that Google returned from "oral sex risks"):

http://www.brown.edu/Student_Servic...alth_Education/Sexual_Health/STI/Oral_Sex.htm

Ron[/quote]
HI THE ARTICAL confirms what isaid earlier about open sores or leisions But I still feel its an individual choice

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nearly all medical professionals agree that unless the "sucker" has an open wound in his mouth, there is close to zero chance of HIV being transmitted from the HIV pos penis. It is believed that the saliva in the mouth is a natural barrier.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Please also be aware that something as simple as brushing your teeth or eating crunchy foods can cause scratches and scrapes on your gums... they may be so small that you don't notice them, but to a virus, they are like Grand Canyons. HIV can be contracted by oral sex if you have done anything at all that could scratch the lining of the mouth or the gums.

For some viral infections (HPV, herpes) nothing is required except contact with skin. For the bacterial infections, (syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamidia, and yes, even strep) saliva is most often not enough protection to prevent infection by oral sex.

Since I enjoy doing home improvement/construction projects and landscaping, I don't remember the last time my hands DIDN'T have scrapes and scratches... so I don't even do unprotected handjobs (except with my partner.) If you insist on protecting yourself but still want to have sex, find sex partners who have the same self-preservation instinct you do, and stay away from those who try to talk you out of taking precautions. Since some of these diseases are either disfiguring (like HPV or herpes) or deadly (like HIV), IMHO there is no such thing as "too careful."