Are beautiful people treated differently than the rest?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by swordfishME, Dec 26, 2009.

1. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

Events over the last few days have me pondering this question....What does everyone think?

2. Roudiest

Roudiest New Member

Albums:
    Ofcourse they are

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I was involved in a test group in the psychology department when I was an undergrad, their results said yes. I think almost every school in the world has done similar research to this....
    /www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/phil_Fak_II/Psychologie/Psy_II/beautycheck/english/sozialewahrnehmung/sozialewahrnehmung.htm

4. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Which events??

5. gurjeevan

gurjeevan Member

To be honest i think that is true. Obviously if you read my about me secction you will see that i come from a richer background and my girlfreind is what many people wouild call fit. So the answer is yeah , good looking and rich people do get treated better. For example i was at selfridges the other day in oxford street with me mate. He works at my dads company with me,. earn around the same sallary but aint as good looking. They came and spoke to me and dismissed him, as like a tramp-

6. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it's all the more important then, for those of us who think about these things, to try and make sure we treat people equally. :p *lectures*

7. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I think it has to be true but it is not just beautiful people that are treated better. I think you tend to treat kindly looking older people and women who look maternal to you better too.

8. D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov Account Disabled

I think that beauty or handsomeness of body and face alone is not enough. I favour charm over them. Also, your voice and the way you look with your eyes count a lot.

Dignity.

Maybe all those elements are covered by the definition of beauty? If that is so, then we are starting foim scratch again.

9. SR_Les Intercourse

SR_Les Intercourse New Member

10. Opalite

Gold Member

Beauty is - as cheezy as it might sound - in the eye of the beholder. And even though it has been proven in more than enough researches (although I wouldn't know how reliable they are) that people tend to behave different towards a person they think is atractive, there's no way to say what exactly makes someone atractive to anyone or even to an induvidial. What we consider beauytiful is strongly influenced by culture, social aspects and income, personal insecurities and just plain preferences and dislikes. Sure, there are people more will agree on beeing pretty than others because they fit a certain socially accepted standard, but more often someone that's atractive to some can be seen as the complete opposite to others!

In a way I think we all get treated differently at times than we normally would, be it better or worse (because of attraction, jealousy or pitty), but it seems like it'd be useless to give it too much thought. After all, most of the time there's no way of knowing IF we're really beeing threaten differently because we can't be sure what the other person's motivations are, let alone know WHY they do. You can't blame someone for liking another more than the next.

11. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Cool post, Katt! You're very lovely. :biggrin1:

I actually treat ppl worse if they're better looking because I'm more intimidated.:tongue:

12. Opalite

Gold Member

I hate to admit, but I surely have too! Back in high school I used to have this girl in my class that just seemed to have it all! Up to this day the most natural beauty I've come across, very intelligent and a perfect student, the best at any sport she tried, rich parents but earning enough off modeling jobs not to be dependent, funny, softspoken and nice to litterally anyone.. Just unreal. Oh, did I hate the bitch. Maybe even the most when she'd be kind to me, I was green with envy. But we all are or were a little jealous at times, and the green monster can bring out the crazy angry bitch that want's to scratch yer eyes out, in just about anyone.

I later found out that her soccer-coach dad wasn't as much fun as he seemed to be, and she must have taken a lot of punches without anyone suspecting it. I felt like such a cunt for treating her like I did.

Truth is, we're all prejuced cunts at time and people will always think they can see right through you. It's only human.

13. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you're probably right! :tongue:

14. finsuptx

finsuptx New Member

Of course they do.

15. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Yes, we are.

16. D_Portelay Porquesword

What he said! :tongue:

17. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

i get treated differently all the time....... but its not because im beautiful.

18. Opalite

Gold Member

Thanks for enlighting us there, we wouldn't have figured it out without having anyone with any personal experience on the topic! I can't begin to show my greatfullness, thank you. Really, thanks. But perhaps you can share your wisdom next time BEFORE I make a fool out of myself using big words and all. No presure, ofcourse! :rolleyes: :redface:

Hickboy's so pretty, I bet his cum sparkles like a handfull of tiny diamonds and tastes like an angel's pee! :eek: (that last bit was a directly translated dutch saying, but I'm sure it doesn't sound as flathering as it ought to)

19. wallyj84

Gold Member

Yes they are.

All other things being equal, pretty people are more valuable to society than a less attractive person. So they really should be treated better than less attractive people.

20. naughty

Gold Member

Yes,beauty is a double edged sword. It garners attention of both kinds.

#20 naughty, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted