Are black men really bigger?

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
The sample size was 627. No info was given regarding racial distribution. Assuming an even split, that makes the black sample group even smaller than that of the BJUI analysis that you've poo-pooed for having too small a black sample size.

Enlighten me: I don't see any way to spin their results to make a 7mm difference statistically significant within a 2.75 billion adult male population.
I don't know if it was an earlier data set by Barboza or if it's actually the same data used for the paper since the averages and SD's are the same. But in 2014 Barboza had a presentation about that topic. In that data 134 were black.
For a confidence interval of 95% which normally is used that would mean a margin of error of 9%. Statistically significant? Definitely not. But that wasn't the purpose of him posting that study. He just was asked to provide one that shows a difference.

Reactions: ItsAll4Kim

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I don't know if it was an earlier data set by Barboza or if it's actually the same data used for the paper since the averages and SD's are the same. But in 2014 Barboza had a presentation about that topic. In that data 134 were black.
For a confidence interval of 95% which normally is used that would mean a margin of error of 9%. Statistically significant? Definitely not. But that wasn't the purpose of him posting that study. He just was asked to provide one that shows a difference.
The link had very little info, as you see. I had to search on the study title to even find the number in the selection group. There's no probability data. Yet the second link stated there was statistical significance in the size difference. I see no way to make that possible.

The sample size was 627. No info was given regarding racial distribution. Assuming an even split, that makes the black sample group even smaller than that of the BJUI analysis that you've poo-pooed for having too small a black sample size.

Enlighten me: I don't see any way to spin their results to make a 7mm difference statistically significant within a 2.75 billion adult male population.
I didn’t claim statistical significance for the Brazilian study, the authors did (p <0.001). The authors of 'Am I Normal' said no conclusions on race could be drawn from their metastudy, not me. Take your beef to them.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I didn’t claim statistical significance for the Brazilian study, the authors did (p <0.001). The authors of 'Am I Normal' said no conclusions on race could be drawn from their metastudy, not me. Take your beef to them.
And I never said you claimed statistical significance. I'm curious why you would present a study that is no more conclusive than the BJUI analysis of studies.

My stance remains as always: nobody has presented evidence of a statistically significant difference in size among races.

And I never said you claimed statistical significance. I'm curious why you would present a study that is no more conclusive than the BJUI analysis of studies.

My stance remains as always: nobody has presented evidence of a statistically significant difference in size among races.
I'm glad you now admit that the Am I Normal Study is inconclusive, because until I challenged your misrepresentation of the findings you were holding it up as 'gold standard' proof of no difference between races. It's clear you don’t understand the concept of statistical difference and, unlike Tinyprincess, you haven't come up with a single study or stat to support your position. All you do is repeat 'I'm right till proven wrong' without bothering to bring anything to the table.

MelonMachine

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After paying attention to this forum for a bit, then joining, this sargon20 is quite a character.

All it takes a minute or so to peruse the ‘recent posts’ section of this forum to see he’s severely engaged with basically nothing but social justice, downing “whitey”, who of course, is the source of all his problems. Hell, he’ll even side with idiots and racist trolls in an attempt to get anything over whitey. It wouldn’t be nearly as sad if he didn’t play the race card every chance he gets.

Nothing with him is factual. It’s merely a loose suggestion that whitey wants to down people like him. It’s an evil conspiracy in his eyes.

Put up scientific reviewed studies proving this, or just shut the fuck up. It’s really no deeper than that.

Reactions: Raging Speedhorn

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I'm glad you now admit that the Am I Normal Study is inconclusive, because until I challenged your misrepresentation of the findings you were holding it up as 'gold standard' proof of no difference between races. It's clear you don’t understand the concept of statistical difference and, unlike Tinyprincess, you haven't come up with a single study or stat to support your position. All you do is repeat 'I'm right till proven wrong' without bothering to bring anything to the table.

I've consistently stated there's no evidence of difference. That's a clear statement among all the opinions, anecdotes, and unsubstantiated claims of fact. The fact that the BJUI analysis has no conclusion is evidence that there is no factual basis for claiming a size difference. If you want to spin it as a "misrepresentation, that's just your personal bias against anything I write.

I don't bring anything to the table because so far there are no facts.

And you still haven't explained why you presented that last study. A 7mm difference in a 627 member sample taken from one country is at best inconclusive. And it's ironic that you poo-poo the BJUI analysis, which showed no significant difference but admits the 15,000 worldwide samples were inadequate, but presented a single study with 600 localized samples as a possibility. Both had a small sample of black men, but somehow the Brazilian study is conclusive?

Last edited:

I've consistently stated there's no evidence of difference. That's a clear statement among all the opinions, anecdotes, and unsubstantiated claims of fact. The fact that the BJUI analysis has no conclusion is evidence that there is no factual basis for claiming a size difference. If you want to spin it as a "misrepresentation, that's just your personal bias against anything I write.

I don't bring anything to the table because so far there are no facts.

And you still haven't explained why you presented that last study. A 7mm difference in a 627 member sample taken from one country is at best inconclusive. And it's ironic that you poo-poo the BJUI analysis, which showed no significant difference but admits the 15,000 worldwide samples were inadequate, but presented a single study with 600 localized samples as a possibility. Both had a small sample of black men, but somehow the Brazilian study is conclusive?
Who said the Brazilian study is conclusive? Anyone? Certainly not me. I brought it up because I'm interested in evidence on both sides of the argument and there was a challenge to find just one scientific study that suggested a difference. I'm not championing it, it's not for me to prove anything to your satisfaction. It's up to you to prove your hypothesis with stronger data. Let's see your evidence. There's nothing scientific about a position based on an absence of evidence. I really don't care whether black dicks are bigger or not but at least I've engaged with some studies and have an open mind on it. All you've done is sit on the sidelines showing your bias.

A study that explicitly draws no conclusions on racial difference because of insufficient data is not evidence that there is no racial difference, that's just your spin on it. Statistical significance is not measuring the size of the difference (7mm), it's a measure of the likelihood of that difference occurring due to chance / sampling error, or not occurring due to chance / sampling error. If you're going to pose as the Man of Science, you'll have to brush up on some basic skills.

Reactions: deleted15807

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Who said the Brazilian study is conclusive? Anyone? Certainly not me. I brought it up because I'm interested in evidence on both sides of the argument and there was a challenge to find just one scientific study that suggested a difference. I'm not championing it, it's not for me to prove anything to your satisfaction. It's up to you to prove your hypothesis with stronger data. Let's see your evidence. There's nothing scientific about a position based on an absence of evidence. I really don't care whether black dicks are bigger or not but at least I've engaged with some studies and have an open mind on it. All you've done is sit on the sidelines showing your bias.

A study that explicitly draws no conclusions on racial difference because of insufficient data is not evidence that there is no racial difference, that's just your spin on it. Statistical significance is not measuring the size of the difference (7mm), it's a measure of the likelihood of that difference occurring due to chance / sampling error, or not occurring due to chance / sampling error. If you're going to pose as the Man of Science, you'll have to brush up on some basic skills.
I'm not posing as anything. I have no bias...there's nothing to gain or lose, as my penis won't change regardless of the average size of any other penises. And I have no hypothesis to prove. I have seen no evidence of a size difference. That doesn't mean none exists. It doesn't mean I care either way. All it means is so far there is no evidence of a difference.

And to be clear, I never said Statistical Significance was measuring the size of the difference.

You're really trying too hard. Is there any proof that black men are larger or not? No. Until a study surfaces to say one way or the other, my statement stands.

A 2007 study (by Nicola Mondaini) clearly states "there is no scientific background to support the alleged 'oversized' penis in black people".

Studies (Kristen Chrouser and J.C. Orakwe, respectively) in Tanzania and Nigeria found average (stretched) length to be exactly on par with studies from around the world (europe, asia, india and the americas).
But the Nigerian study by J.C. Orakwe found that Nigerians have longer penises on average than those of the other races and showed a statistical difference between Nigerians and Koreans.

In this study, Nigerian Blacks were measured with a mean full-stretch penile length of 13.37cm, ahead of 12.50cm in Italians, 12.18cm in Greeks, 9.6cm in Koreans, 13cm in British Caucasians, and 12.45cm in American Caucasians. The results show that “the penile length for Nigerian Blacks was longer than for the other races” and “statistically different in comparison with the Koreans”.

They conclude that “there is the possibility of racial differences in penile sizes” adding (a bit surprisingly in view of the data) “but there is no convincing scientific background to support the ascription of bigger penile dimensions to people of the Black race”. For a study that set out to debunk the “myth” of larger black penises, that's not exactly conclusive. Again, this is based on a small sample (115 black men). Certainly it does not show average stretched length to be exactly on par with studies from around the world since it finds statistically significant difference between Nigerians and Koreans.

Here's the abstract: “Oversized” Penile Length In The Black People; Myth Or Reality | Orakwe | Tropical Journal of Medical Research

“Oversized” Penile Length In The Black People; Myth Or Reality
JC Orakwe, GU Ebuh

Abstract

Objective: Amongst the Caucasians and some non-Black races, there is the popular belief that the black people generally have longer penile sizes. Even the Blacks themselves tend to believe so. This study was carried out to test the veracity of this ascription of “oversized” penile length to people of the Black (Negro) race.

Design: A prospective and comparative study

Setting: The Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Nigeria.

Subjects and Method: Full-stretch flaccid penile lengths, and flaccid penile lengths, were measured in 115 adult men of the Black race in Nigeria. The results were compared with reported similar main studies on people of other races, which were accessible to the authors. These studies were done in Italy, Greece, Korea, Britain, and the United States of America.

Result: The mean full-stretch penile length of the Nigerian Blacks was 13.37cm and the mean flaccid length was 9.36cm. Similar studies reported full-stretch penile lengths of 12.50cm in Italians, 12.18cm in Greeks, 9.6cm in Koreans, 13cm in British Caucasians, and 12.45cm in the American Caucasians. The penile length for Nigerian Blacks was longer than those of the other races, but the differences were only statistically different in comparison with the Koreans.

Conclusion: There is the possibility of racial differences in penile sizes, but there is no convincing scientific background to support the ascription of bigger penile dimensions to people of the Black race

Keywords: Penile Length, Black Race, Penile Size

Tropical Journal of Medical Research Vol. 11 (1) 2007: pp. 16-18

Reactions: Jaystone1

Thirdly, the study by Nicola Mondaini doesn't seem to present any new measurement data and draws on the same population studies as J.C. Orakwe (i.e. USA, Italy, Greece, Korea). The sample includes a grand total of 10 black men. It repeats the now familiar mantra that “there is no scientific background to support the alleged ‘oversized’ penis in black people”, based on absolutely nothing since the 10 black people in the USA study weren’t even identified with a separate measurement.

It does however state that there is a statistically significant difference between Asian and non Asian populations in the studies (as per Orakwe) and allows for the possibility of racial differences in penile size:

“Mean penile flaccid length and stretched length recently reported in 123 Korean military men were indeed lower than other values on non‐Asian populations [5] (Table 1). At present, in the absence of any comparative study, these values remain debatable, but the possibility of racial differences in penile size should not be overlooked when investigating patients complaining of a short penis.”

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2005.05238.x

Again, I don't find anything conclusive here. The case is unproven on both sides.

Reactions: Jaystone1

Thirdly, the study by Nicola Mondaini doesn't seem to present any new measurement data and draws on the same population studies as J.C. Orakwe (i.e. USA, Italy, Greece, Korea). The sample includes a grand total of 10 black men. It repeats the now familiar mantra that “there is no scientific background to support the alleged ‘oversized’ penis in black people”, based on absolutely nothing since the 10 black people in the USA study weren’t even identified with a separate measurement.

It does however state that there is a statistically significant difference between Asian and non Asian populations in the studies (as per Orakwe) and allows for the possibility of racial differences in penile size:

“Mean penile flaccid length and stretched length recently reported in 123 Korean military men were indeed lower than other values on non‐Asian populations [5] (Table 1). At present, in the absence of any comparative study, these values remain debatable, but the possibility of racial differences in penile size should not be overlooked when investigating patients complaining of a short penis.”

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2005.05238.x

Again, I don't find anything conclusive here. The case is unproven on both sides.
My mistake, it was 20 black men worldwide that this was based on.

Still....

Studies (Kristen Chrouser and J.C. Orakwe, respectively) in Tanzania and Nigeria found average (stretched) length to be exactly on par with studies from around the world (europe, asia, india and the americas).
Hi, I addressed why the Kristen Chrouser Tanzanian circumcision study must be disallowed and my post was reported and deleted as being against TOS. That tells you why. I won't elaborate further.

D

deleted15807

After paying attention to this forum for a bit, then joining, this sargon20 is quite a character..

The day was looking like such a loser then I find out I've had such an impact on someone from 'Tirane, Albania' is it? And apparently you have departed the site rather against your will it seems. I was so looking forward to sparing with an "Albanian". It would have been a first. Maybe in another life we may cross paths again or have we already many times? :rolleyes:

Reactions: hunghorse30

Wow This tread is still alive XD

There are some black men with a big penis.
There are some black men with an average penis.
There are some black men with a small penis.

Same for Asian and white guys.

Bragging about penis size based on race is like an American woman bragging about how big American boobs are or a Brazilian woman bragging about how big brazilians butts are. Deep down you don't give a f*ck about it. You will appreciate when you see it with your own very eyes.

I know we catch ourselves generalizing many things sometimes, but we all know that those things are individual when the lights are down