Are Black people more Racist Than Caucasians?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Have you read the whole thread Oreo.:biggrin1: :rolleyes:

Let's not call each other names. :biggrin1:
Oreo is offensive. If we cannot do this without calling others names, we cannot discuss this intelligently. thank you.

It is sad how we have made a cookie a really bad thing. :frown1: I happen to like OREOs. And those HYDROXi too.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Tardis69, you may want to read one of my recent blogs. To the best of my knowledge I have never been hired to fulfill a quota. I don't doubt that it has happened to others in the past, but unqualified white people have been getting great paying jobs for years. Maybe turn about is fair play. :cool:

You may want to check this website once a month for proof that prejudice and racism are alive and thriving in America today.
In my working life, I have seen more unqualified black people hired and kept on employment roles due to the race card. They get called in for doing a poor job and say if you fire me, I will sue, saying you fired me because I am black.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I want to just say that we here on this site NEED to work on ourselves FIRST..before we can start pointing the fingers at each OTHER!!!:frown1: Making UGLY post and start fighting one another.

You have to start somewhere. I learned to NOT HATE different race because in my family we have MANY and I mean MANY different races in with MIXED races kids. I grew up in Kansas City, Mo. To where WHITES/ BLACKS do have this LOVE / HATE thing going.

My WHITE experiences-
I remember a while back while I was still in the Navy and I went home and got lost because I was riding a bus. I was in a white area and I stopped in to ask a checker at a corner store for some directions and the White guy gave me the worse attitude I ever SEEN and I still NEVER got the directions I asked for. I was not rude or anything. I still remember this and this was years AGO! But, I was cool about it.. I just left and did not cuss him out. I am not that type of person. If he wanted to be NASTY and not give me any help. Someone else will...it is that easy...

When I was in Italy I still remember when I was in Rome. I went into a shop to throw away my bottle because I am NOT a litter bug. I went to walk away after I put in into the trash can by the out door. I was walking away and this guy comes RUNNING out of the store pushing the darn bottle that I threw in the trash can back in my darn arms.. I was like WTF?????:confused: It was a trash can and there was many different items in the trash can. So, I know it was a damn trash can and not a sales been.." So, that stuck in my mind why he did that? I have no clue why to this day....

My BLACK experiences-

I was visiting home and I was on the bus wearing one of my many styles that I liked from one of my many places that I have been. I loved those flower white pants and I was looking damn GOOD!! But, these teen Black girls where just so hating on me.. I was like What ever BITCHES..." You all just hating.. I did not say anything, they were just teens...

But, I had so many HOOK up in MANY places from my own Black folk. That is just normal with all races of human beings. To help your own kind. I had folks trying to run over me in a few different cities and Countries and my sisters and brothers come up and help out another. Hell, I do the same thing..." Someone is not gonna mess with a sister or brother and think it is cool.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People are what they are based on what they have learned to be. I can only speak as a jewish, white, blonde, lawyer.
I'm not cheap, I am not intolerant, I'm not stupid and I have a soul. I can't speak for anyone else who share the perimeters of who I am; but I have learned a great deal about life by associating with others who have different religious beliefs. I'm color blind about skin color unless someone insists on telling me that our skin is not the same. Blondes frankly do have more fun, but I've heard stories that the hair pigment challenged have had fun too.
There is a Hawaiian phrase; "No can help... haole, that's why."
It translates to; frankly "you don't know any better so I'll accept your faults even though we don't have anything in common."

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
People are what they are based on what they have learned to be. I can only speak as a jewish, white, blonde, lawyer.
I'm not cheap, I am not intolerant, I'm not stupid and I have a soul. I can't speak for anyone else who share the perimeters of who I am; but I have learned a great deal about life by associating with others who have different religious beliefs. I'm color blind about skin color unless someone insists on telling me that our skin is not the same. Blondes frankly do have more fun, but I've heard stories that the hair pigment challenged have had fun too.
There is a Hawaiian phrase; "No can help... haole, that's why."
It translates to; frankly "you don't know any better so I'll accept your faults even though we don't have anything in common."
Then again if a haole tries to surf in certain areas they will get jumped.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Then again if a haole tries to surf in certain areas they will get jumped.

I live part of my life in Hawaii, and I have learned that there are certain areas that the natives want to call their own and I respect that. I have friends who have invited me to those beaches saying that if you are with us then you won't have a problem. I'm just as happy going to a place where there is not going to be an issue. The only place that I call mine is when I close the door behind me when I come home at night. Maybe someday everyone will feel that way, but if they don't I'm happy with the place that I call mine.
But PS if people had not acted like such stupid haole cunts they would not feel that way. I myself have a certain resentment about the way most tourists act in Hawaii! So I guess I have my own bias issues to deal with.

Last edited:

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yes

and no

but then yes

but then no

how bout this, anytime you wanna group people by some arbitrary line in the sand, the closest you'll come to finding any ultimate truth is that YOU'LL be the one who is wrong

and interesting thoughts on your terminology, "blacks" versus "caucasians" and then having an issue apparently with the specific term "african-american" seeing as 'black' is a color, caucasian is a race and african-american is a sociological term. if its a 'versus' type question why wouldn't it be 'blacks' versus 'whites', (raising the questions where's yellow, red and the rest); or 'caucasian' versus 'negro', (again, where are the asiatics, american indians and others) and so on and so on and so on. again, all going back to the idea that when you decide to draw random arbitrary lines in the sand for grouping you more often than not end up with erroneous or useless data and resultant conclusions.

as for life in hawaii, i live there (here) and seems no different to me than where i came from in whitebread redneck land where i can go to 'the wrong' area and get jumped by someone, or living in new orleans go to the wrong area and get jumped by someone, or living in the caribbean, go to the wrong area and get jumped by someone, or living in a diverse cosmopolitan metropolis, go to the wrong area and get jumped by someone. human beings are territorial, human beings all feel they've been fucked over by some other randomly selected sub-group of human beings, human beings all to some degree have a RIGHT to feel this way as if you actually look at their story with an open mind they all HAVE been fucked over by other groups. i think you'll be disappointed though (and wrong) to try to engage in some hunt to find out WHO in all these randomly subjectively created sub-groups we dream up is the MOST racist, or MORE racist than others. what a waste of time.

Last edited:

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I live part of my life in Hawaii, and I have learned that there are certain areas that the natives want to call their own and I respect that. I have friends who have invited me to those beaches saying that if you are with us then you won't have a problem. I'm just as happy going to a place where there is not going to be an issue. The only place that I call mine is when I close the door behind me when I come home at night. Maybe someday everyone will feel that way, but if they don't I'm happy with the place that I call mine.
But PS if people had not acted like such stupid haole cunts they would not feel that way. I myself have a certain resentment about the way most tourists act in Hawaii! So I guess I have my own bias issues to deal with.
Guess what, it was even worse 40 or 50 years ago.....

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I don't know the answer to your question. What I do know however is that black people seem less violent as a result of prejudice than white people. I'm not saying black people can not be violent. I'm saying that hate crimes are not usually committed by black people.

One example I can think of is the movie Bruno. His presence elicited violent homicidal rage in the white wrestling crowd when they saw him making out with a man.

The black people in an audience reacted harshly when he came on a show with a black audience as a homosexual man who adopted a black baby. But they didn't seem like they wanted to tear him apart. It was more just a "hell no" type reaction.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Guess what? I was there when locals were not allowed to join the Outrigger Canoe Club because it was a white enclave. Can't imagine why there is resentment can you?

Ate there 30 years ago. Now eveyone can eat there, but everyone can't surf where they want.......

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i didn't feel like reading what everybody wrote but here' a chris rock joke:
Who's more racist? Black people or white people?.......Black people.....because we hate black people too...lol.

BanShen

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's also called being stupid. AT SOME POINT (although when that day will ever come I don't know) we have to move beyond voting for people based on emotions and start voting for people based on experience, qualifications, and management skills. If you're black you still want your garbage picked up. If you're Latino you still want the potholes fixed. If you're gay you still want the storm drains to work when it rains. You should vote for the person who makes that happen -- regardless of color, religion, or sexual orientation.

A couple years ago Dallas had a gay city councilman running for mayor. Most of the gays in the city were behind him because they wanted to make history "The first gay mayor of a major city in America." They actually said that. Sorry, that is just the WRONG reason to vote for someone as mayor. Vote for them because they would be the best mayor, not because you both are gay. I wrote several letters to that effect to the local gay and mainstream papers which were published. Some of my friends agreed with them and some didn't. Tough. It needed to be said.

I would no more vote for someone who's gay just because I'm gay that I would vote for someone who has green eyes just because I have green eyes. I vote for the person who spends my tax money the way I want them to spend it. Sometimes they are black, sometimes they are white, sometimes they are Latino. Occasionally they are gay. (We don't have a lot of qualified gay candidates for some reason. Hopefully that will change soon.)

If you vote for mayor after mayor after mayor just based on race (or any other arbitrary trait) and not qualifications, you wind up with a Detroit or a Washington DC. Marion Berry was re-elected even after his cocaine conviction. If you do something as opposed to your self-interest as that, you get what you deserve: complete and total mismanagement of your city.

Fortunately we avoided that in Dallas and the unqualified gay candidate was defeated and the more qualified straight candidate won and has done very well. Unfortunately, he had long coattails and the gay candidate in our city council district was also defeated (in part due to straight homophobia) and an less qualified straight candidate won. *Sigh*

In short, yes SOME black people are more racist than SOME white people. (Some gays are also more homophobic than some straights, etc. etc etc.)
Absolutely well said. This kind of logic should be taught to every damn person in the US. I would've voted against Obama if I had been in the US at the time, but it had absolutely nothing to do with his race.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You can't have a war if you don't have fighters.

But in harsh economic climates...people are gonna act shitty. Prejudices come out of the rafters like bungee cord pinatas. So maybe the real solutions would be some counter implementation strategies.

How does one counter racism? How does one counter homophobia? How does one counter sexism? Ageism? Height/Weight Proportionism? Status-ism? (WHAT-ever prejudice peeps may have.)

I don't give people any bull. I don't cater to anyone's prejudices. If it is affecting me more being around them...then, I don't bother with them. I leave peeps alone.

wolf1bear2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am a native american, and I have prejudices, but, they are mine, I only see good in folks, and I see evil that is possible, it happens, and the rest of us, we are all equals, and bless us all

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
As a general rule racism is a taught behavior. It can be taught by people and it can be taught by life experience.

My biological Father fought in World War II. He served in the Pacific Theater and his job with the United States Navy in that time period was to set up "supply lines" as the Allied Forces would take an island or location. Sadly, my Father on multiple occasions came in to a location and witnessed the freshly killed bodies of women and children who had been slaughtered by the Japanese forces. The life experience my Father had left behind serious psychological scars. It was very hard for him even to deal with Japanese Americans because these contacts brought back the memories which had him throwing up from stress at the side of a road during the War. It took him to the age of 70 before he was able to come to terms with his experiences.

If a man or woman of color has negative experiences they are going to remember those experiences for life. It can be difficult for them to forgive because they themselves were victims, and they themselves may have suffered racial slurs or may have had people descriminate against them because of a genetic pattern that gave them darker skin than the next guy.

As a general rule, and with those I have contacted in my life, it is not a color issue, it is an experience issue and the ability of a person to let go of old baggage.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
to say that one race is more racist than another race would be racist.

opinions and beliefs aren't created by your ethnicity, they're created by your personality, up bringing and life experiences.