1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Are communal or gang showers dissapearing?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by JayPR, Sep 26, 2018.

1. JayPR

JayPR Well-Liked Member

Albums:
    If you're over 35 or 40 years old, you remember when locker rooms at school, college or at the gym, included communal showers, also known as gang showers. Basically, it was a big spacious room with a lot of shower heads, no division or curtains, where everyone used to shower together. In the U.S., even if they still exist today, it has become a rarity with the proliferation of individual stalls and more private shower arrangements.

However, based on my experience, in other countries like Germany, Italy, Japan or Argentina, communal showers are still pretty common.

What's your experience? Do you still see them where you live? Have you use them? If you are from out of U.S., let us know if there are communal showers in your country or if they are disappearing as well.

Alex1991, Mrgoudreau, nicnic and 4 others like this.
  2. sargon20

Gold Member

Oh yeah it's all going away. The young ones are modest beyond belief but give them a cell phone camera and the dick pics and selfies don't stop.

3. 276992

276992 Guest

This is the 1000th thread on this topic. Yes they are disappearing. Yes they were awesome. No they are not coming back. That should cover it.

4. mplsingleguy

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Still the most inexpensive way to design a multi-person shower area, and waaaaay easier to keep clean on a daily basis. These group showers are still standard in varsity locker rooms in high school and college/universities, but most have been retrofitted to individual stalls in the more common locker rooms, for reasons already stated. Some large places have both, allowing the user to decide.

I know most team players (football, basketball, wrestling, lacrosse, rugby) would probably be disappointed if they had to wait for single stall showers- or they would forego showering altogether until they got home. Kills the camaraderie!

The shameful part is a lot of guys will opt to get a membership at an expensive gym to have the opportunity to build that interaction with other like-minded guys at their local YMCA, only to be denied the chance to shower in a gang by the retrofit shower police! :(

5. mplsingleguy

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    And, like most things in life, the pendulum of life and style will one day swing back towards shared spaces.

For example, downward economy could force families into smaller homes, which means that kids would again share bedrooms and bathrooms with more family, which in turn would normalize more family interactions of the semi-dressed kind. Public pools could find a healthier and less expensive alternative to chlorine, which may require a shower before/after.

Or even simpler, the new generation always wants to do things differently than the prior group did, so without the shame passed down from their parents, COMBINED WITH a more evolved social confidence from growing up in the internet age, the next generation wont require privacy, and may opt for shared social interaction, less expensive, new way to flaunt masculinity among peers, etc etc

Nexolaris, evolution and JayPR like this.
  6. JayPR

JayPR Well-Liked Member

Albums:
    Thank you!

7. sargon20

Gold Member

Nope. I fully expect private showers to vanish too. Though should science discover a way to enlarge the penis as it has for breasts expect an explosion in popularity as guys seek to show off the new equipment. Parade it around the block.

ruforreal likes this.
  8. Countryguy63

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's actually dumb too. Our gym has a total of 4 showers. 3 individual tiled "rooms" with fogged glass doors and 1 larger handicapped stall with a curtain. Many times in the morning there will be multiple guys waiting for one to become available. In that same area, if it was a one large open area, they could fit at least 3, if not 4 more shower heads in there. Oh well.

Nexolaris likes this.
  9. X5158

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Funny you say that. I am canceling my gym membership tomorrow and getting one at the YMCA. Hoping they have open showers.

orangeC likes this.
  10. Bobby Briggs

Bobby Briggs Well-Liked Member

Albums:
    I just visited the Bellingham YMCA (Bellingham, Washington). Great old style set up, open gang showers, Sauna, steam, most of the men are naked. I got three handjobs while I was there, a hot black guy, then a hot Hawaiian, finishing with a muscle Asian

Burghf_er, Nexolaris, JayPR and 3 others like this.
  11. newguy

newguy Active Member

Which ymca are you going to? Did they have open showers?

12. X5158

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Go to the one in AZ and yes, they do have open showers.

13. newguy

newguy Active Member

Which one is it in AZ? Lol

14. 502855

502855 Guest

D3264A7A-CBEA-4A24-96A6-C1E57E5F6975.jpeg 4E5F4F4E-5A09-4115-9803-F7FF704CFA07.jpeg
    Open gang showers for the gym at the local college. Eight shower heads. Open locker room also with two benches.

Sadly, I don’t use it enough to see it busy with guys.

15. 502855

502855 Guest

3D319A57-75DB-4B10-B11A-22958996E311.jpeg
    Another gang shower in the local college. Five shower heads in total. This one’s for students in vocational programs that may get grubby during their classes.

prince albert dong and Nexolaris like this.
  16. newguy

newguy Active Member

C
    Can you post the location of these?

17. shankity

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Are you talking about downtown? Have you happened to check out any others in the valley? I’m curious as to what the one in Tempe by ASU is like.

18. 502855

502855 Guest

Well... they’re local to me and my location is in my profile.

19. levi101

Gold Member Platinum Gold

I have seen pictures of this kind of shower, but have never been in one. Does it have a unique name and how is the water temperature / pressure regulated?

xxshower.jpg

20. Jason

Gold Member

Albums:
    The water has two settings: on and off. In the on setting there will be water of a uniform temperature and pressure. The temperature may be anywhere between freezing and scalding, and the pressure anything from a reluctant drip to something that will knock you off your feet. At least that is (was?) the UK system.

The point of gang showers is that they are a basic way of getting clean. They are not comfortable. Some of the remaining ones do have individually adjustable shower heads, but even these modern versions often don't work very well.

Gang showers are for real men who can put up with the discomfort. ;)

Dell11, SonyToyo, Nexolaris and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice