Are communal or gang showers dissapearing?

slipmoisi

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
View attachment 1352656

Another practical reason to support gang showers is people tend to get their shower and be done. Stall showers with curtains encourage people to linger and take their time.
they also tend to do unspeakable things in cubicles ;-)

to me, the worst is when I have to use a cubicle and the previous guy left his disgusting underwear inside.

Reactions: Notsobigbutenough

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The point of gang showers is that they are a basic way of getting clean. They are not comfortable. Some of the remaining ones do have individually adjustable shower heads, but even these modern versions often don't work very well.

Gang showers are for real men who can put up with the discomfort. ;)

I cannot agree with that. We had an awesome gang shower in my high school. College was just so-so. One of the two YMCAs that I had belonged to at one point in my life was a relatively new structure and had a really nice gang shower in the men's locker room.

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

I miss the large group shower rooms. People showered, made brief conversation and then got dressed. They were cleaner, better maintained and I never really noticed anything inappropriate. The cubicles are just kind of odd and the curtains unnecessary in my opinion.

I used to be shy, but now I walk to the shower with the towel over my shoulder. No reason to be uncomfortable. We're all men. I don't want to be sweaty all day.

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I hope you’re one of those guys.
I am indeed. I've been going there since 2016 and credit myself as bringing back the trend for the under 40 crowd. Walk naked to/from the showers and sit in the sauna naked. A lot of guys have since started doing the same.

ThickBearMeat

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am indeed. I've been going there since 2016 and credit myself as bringing back the trend for the under 40 crowd. Walk naked to/from the showers and sit in the sauna naked. A lot of guys have since started doing the same.
Well done, brother! It helps when others see how comfortable and natural it is. The guys who are all shy, nervous and weird about it make others uncomfortable.

slipmoisi

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well done, brother! It helps when others see how comfortable and natural it is. The guys who are all shy, nervous and weird about it make others uncomfortable.
I totally agree. I was very shy with my body and healthy sports environment enabled me to get better. First communal locker rooms at the swimming pool taught me it was no big deal if someone could see your ass for 5 seconds. And then rugby locker rooms showed me how natural it is to shower when you're exhausted and dirty, and having your mates naked around doesn't change a thing.

The example set by my teammates, totally at ease in the locker room and showers was powerful.

redsky96

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The Y in downtown Saint Paul, MN as well as the one on Blaisdell in Minneapolis both still have open communal showers.
You ever get to St Paul? One of my first times there a guy started staring at my long dick in the shower. A few minutes later we were both naked in the sauna. He shot a big load while perving out looking at me.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You ever get to St Paul? One of my first times there a guy started staring at my long dick in the shower. A few minutes later we were both naked in the sauna. He shot a big load while perving out looking at me.
And that kind of behavior is one factor in there being more and more ridiculous rules in locker rooms.

Reactions: Saint Raphael

Notsobigbutenough

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I swim in a pool that only has gang showers. Everyone uses them naked. Locker room offers no privacy either, just benches to change in front of everyone
It was built in the early 1990's in Spain. I hope they don't change it

Reactions: JayPR

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
And that kind of behavior is one factor in there being more and more ridiculous rules in locker rooms.
Yeah, but what's a guy to do? A room full of naked athletes. Of COURSE, you're gonna fool around. I've always maintained the opinion that clubs/gyms should have two men's lorckerrooms: one for straight guys who, boringly, just wanna shower and leave, and the other for dudes who don't mind getting their hands on another guy's cock and balls.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, but what's a guy to do? A room full of naked athletes. Of COURSE, you're gonna fool around. I've always maintained the opinion that clubs/gyms should have two men's lorckerrooms: one for straight guys who, boringly, just wanna shower and leave, and the other for dudes who don't mind getting their hands on another guy's cock and balls.

meningreentights

Superior Member
Media

Go to jail! Go directly to jail! Do not pass go! Do not collect $200!