Are Cops Expected To Be Homophobic

lpsgjim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Could anyone define for me, aside from professional responsibilities, the difference between a homophobic cop and those who believe all cops are homophobic?

Does anyone else catch the irony? The expression of negative attitudes against an entire group of people based on the assertion that they have negative attitudes towards another group of people.

Prejudice is prejudice. If you believe that you have a valid point in asserting all (or most) cops are (fill in blank), then you would have to allow for the validity in their, or anyone else's, supposed homophobia, or any other prejudice.

You are essentially the same as what you are complaining about. Time to evolve and realize that in this regard, you simply can't have it both ways.

Supersized

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If 10% of the population is gay, 10% of cops must be gay. I had a negative run in with a gay or bisexual cop. He enjoyed inflicting pain on me and I could tell he got off on it. I blacked out twice. The second time I woke up and pretended to stay asleep. I could hear the guy panting and jacking his you know what.

Reactions: andigazed

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If 10% of the population is gay, 10% of cops must be gay.

Not necessarily, what if only 1% of policepersons are gay and it's the firepersons or some of other profession(s) that comprise a majority or the homosexual population that make the whole of the 10% gay ? What if it's more like 75%, it's a weighted average, if it's even accurately measurable ?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Many people assume that all White Cops are Racist! But do most people expect all Male Cops to be Homophobic? If so, do you guys here believe that homophobia is institutionalized in most if not all LAW ENFORCEMENT
AGENICIES?

complete disrespect for men/women who put their lives on the line for all of us, despite a few bad apples.

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
Many people assume that all White Cops are Racist! But do most people expect all Male Cops to be Homophobic? If so, do you guys here believe that homophobia is institutionalized in most if not all LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES?

Andi: I disagree with your statement that many people assume all white cops are racist, and I do not believe most people expect male cops to be homophobic.

As to whether homophobia is institutionalized, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has as its Core Values the following: "As a leader in the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, I commit myself to honorably perform my duties with respect for the dignity of all people, integrity to do right and fight wrongs, wisdom to apply common sense and fairness in all I do and courage to stand against racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, homophobia and bigotry in all its forms."

I've found younger officers and deputies (please don't use policepersons - it sounds funny, and it's firefighter, not fireperson, Transformer) to be less homophobic than older ones. It's a sign of the times; I think society as a whole is less homophobic.

Take care,

Ceg

andigazed

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The title of the article is, "Disciplinary sodomy, Prison Rape, Police Brutality,and the Gendered politics of Societal control in the American Carceral System."

BubbleButtHungBoy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have the utmost respect for most of the law enforcement officers, the theory "a few bad apples spoils" holds for the most part.

Exactly, but you'd have more luck convincing a sloth that than a millennial/gen z liberal lunatic, because they're brainwashed by the media and take their propaganda as truth and gospel, they don't do research or read, and are closed off to differing opinions.

I have several close friends who are both gay and bisexual and they have wonderful careers in law enforcement, drone pilots, SWAT, captain etc. and I ask them if they're discriminated against at all and the answer is no, why would they get promotions if their personal life is of different sexual preference?

Where do people get these rediculous narratives or ideas?

Reactions: andigazed

Player_01

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Random thoughts on this topic:

First, a few bad apples are said to spoil the whole bunch. It's not a phrase that should be used to minimize systematic problems unironically. It doesn't mean that.

Bad apples - Wikipedia "A rotten apple quickly infects its neighbor", first recorded as used in English in 1340

'A few bad apples': Phrase describing rotten police officers used to have different meaning - ABC News (go.com)

Now on to systemic homophobia in policing, it's not something I've done a lot of research on so I can't say if it's everywhere but I do remember how New Orleans sheriff was still arresting people for being gay in 2013 despite 'antisodomy' laws being invalidatedLouisiana Sodomy Sting: How Invalidated Sex Laws Still Lead to Arrests | TIME.com

And there are still articles being written about Louisiana:
James Gill: The laws are unconstitutional, but our Louisiana sheriffs keep making arrests | Columnist James Gill | nola.com
So maybe it's just a LA thing?

There are gay victims of attacks who say police failed to take them seriously
Hate crime charges added in gruesome Grindr attack on gay teen (nbcnews.com)
Activists say police failed to investigate after three men beat a gay couple in a bar (gaystarnews.com)
But victims of other bias have similar complaints about police, so maybe they just don't take anyone seriously?

This probably would be more comprehensive:
LGBT-Discrimination-by-Law-Enforcement-Mar-2015.pdf (ucla.edu)

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have travelled throughout the USA, and, have met cops in a variety of situations.

It is my belief that many are bigoted. Often, they were the bullying football players in high school. They swapped one uniform for another, but, kept their simple minded personalities and dislikes in tact.

Reactions: halcyondays

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was pulled up for doing 9 kilometres over the speed limit.................a week later in the same spot my love was pulled up doing 7 kilometres over the speed limit in nearly the same spot on an open road in working hours.

Are cops lazy sitting in a van with cameras to do the work for them.............Yes they fucking are.

Yet after 5...in the wee hours when most idiots are on the road....where are they?

Homophobic or not, I can't answer that one except for the fact there are a lot of hours spent in a vehicle with a partner................

When people strap a gun to their hip, wear it full time for an occupation, it changes their mentality and security about themselves, and those around them. Just try and convince a friend who is a cop, who has never had the need to use his side arm, to go to work without it otherwise. Especially in a nation where the majority of citizens do not need to be armed.

I have found Police to be of the thinking to do the least work possible and reap the rewards of being heros......for a job they..like you and me, volunteered to do.

I could be a police officer, anyone could......but I'm telling you right here and now..............it's not what you know, but who you know.

Wearing a weapon and using a weapon in a situation when an enemy is full on trying to kill you is one thing. Wearing a weapon on friendly soil in a society which is 99% unarmed is another.

A cops Gay? Probably no more than normal statistics predict. Would Gay cops be more forthcoming? Probably not..............and in those instances you would probably find over the top attitudes to cover personal sexual preference choices.

I think sometimes a lot of aggressiveness in males stems from their strict belief they need to feel or need to feel or belong to one side or the other. When in actual fact, there is no one side or the other when it comes to sexuality. No one is your enemy, no one is tying to kill you.......they are trying to kill you because they were told they are trying to kill them.

And yes..........take me off on that tangent ....:) :)

Last edited: