Are gay, bisexual or straight men more masculine?

B_theaussieone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In your opinion, you are allowed to respond with it not being sexuality related or you can say _______ men are more masculine because etc. Dont start attacking me though, thats mean lol

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think straight guys are under more pressure to conform to very narrow definitions of masculinity. Being queer and comfortable with it means you've already rejected some of the stupidest strictures of those definitions, so you're allowed to do a bit more exploring of what masculinity means for you.

Tldr: Depends on what you think "masculinity" is.

ginger_qboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If masculinity = our socially constructed behavioural norms of what is or isn't masculine, then generally straight men would be considered more masculine.

if masculinity = hormones then I would suggest that many gay/bi men are more masculine that straight men. Early puberty, and early first arousal, are associated with a homosexual sexual orientation. Early puberty results from higher testosterone levels. Since hormones determine whether one is masculine or feminine, a male with higher testosterone levels would be more masculine.

pumplover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gay men are more masculine because they are more worry about being treated differently then straight men

If masculinity = our socially constructed behavioural norms of what is or isn't masculine, then generally straight men would be considered more masculine.

if masculinity = hormones then I would suggest that many gay/bi men are more masculine that straight men. Early puberty, and early first arousal, are associated with a homosexual sexual orientation. Early puberty results from higher testosterone levels. Since hormones determine whether one is masculine or feminine, a male with higher testosterone levels would be more masculine.

Now that's a first. lol

WangerOver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think straight guys are under more pressure to conform to very narrow definitions of masculinity. Being queer and comfortable with it means you've already rejected some of the stupidest strictures of those definitions, so you're allowed to do a bit more exploring of what masculinity means for you.

Tldr: Depends on what you think "masculinity" is.

This is one of the more astute things I've ever heard about this subject.

I find it masculine when someone can be cool with what they do and enjoy. Masculinity is sucked out of a guy for me if he says something like "Real men like ___"

That said I think there are plenty of examples on all sides. I don't think the masculinity follows along with any sexual preference.

B_verilux

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
don't everyone jump all over me. i'm just answering the question asked, and i have a right to my opinion: it appears to me that the answer would be pretty obvious and self evident. straight men are more masculine, on average. now, i've certainly met effeminate straight men and masculine gay/bi men. but for the most part straight men are the most masculine of all, in terms of manner. most gay/bi men i've met seem to virtually be women in men's bodys, with some of them even calling one another "girl." That doesn't go on with straight men; straight men never call each other "girl" unless as a joke or an outright insult. don't jump all over me. i'm just answering the question.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I find that regardless of their sexuality, if a man is comfortable in their own skin, and is confident (NOT arrogant), he is masculine. He knows himself and is comfortable with himself.

hrdhatdad

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
don't everyone jump all over me. i'm just answering the question asked, and i have a right to my opinion: it appears to me that the answer would be pretty obvious and self evident. straight men are more masculine, on average. now, i've certainly met effeminate straight men and masculine gay/bi men. but for the most part straight men are the most masculine of all, in terms of manner. most gay/bi men i've met seem to virtually be women in men's bodys, with some of them even calling one another "girl." That doesn't go on with straight men; straight men never call each other "girl" unless as a joke or an outright insult. don't jump all over me. i'm just answering the question.

I totally agree with this. I have an equal number of straight friends and gay friends. My straight friends are far more masculine than my gay friends. My perception of masculine doesn't define character... it just is what it is. Furthermore, I conduct research in Education. From a fairly young age I can generally spot the gay kid.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am attracted to very masculine men..and it can get confuse if they are hetero, bi or gay..they have to say what they are.

Very "feminine" men can become like girlfriends to me..love those vibes..can be very funny too...lol..love it!

Most men are neutral to me.

Tactfulgal

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Um, depend who's noticing!
I think things like masculinity are subjective to some extent, people notice different things. I have a friend who really likes a strong jawline on a guy, to where every guy she finds really attractive has one. We've concluded somewhere in her brain it equates a strong jawline with masculinity. Everyone has qualities they are attracted to.

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm bi, straight acting (not macho), clean cut looking (nothin fem). But when I get a dick in my ass or mouth.....I turn into a lil fem. I dunno why, but I just get girly. "Oh fuck me baby." "Oh please gimme your cock"......moaning and groaning.

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Um, depend who's noticing!
I think things like masculinity are subjective to some extent, people notice different things. I have a friend who really likes a strong jawline on a guy, to where every guy she finds really attractive has one. We've concluded somewhere in her brain it equates a strong jawline with masculinity. Everyone has qualities they are attracted to.

I hate hair on my body or face. I love hairy men, beards, arms, legs, torso and balls. I can't explain it. I love men who are manly, those are the men I love inside me. I love smooth twinks who are fem, those are the guys I wanna fuck. It's weird.