Are gay men more afraid of bugs and spiders than straight men?

Are gay men more afraid of bugs and spiders than straight men?

• Total voters

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay, I know his might sound like a screwball topic to bring up, but I'm just wondering what you guys think.

I'll admit that when I see a cricket or a large spider in my house, it freaks me out - big time. A few months ago, there was a "sun spider" on the wall - (their leg span is four to five inches!) - I screamed so loud, I know my neighbors would have heard me if the windows hadn't been shut.

So, do you think gay men are more afraid of bugs and spiders than straight men?

Our brains are different, so I think the answer might be yes:

Brains of gay men show similarities to those of heterosexual women, study says - Los Angeles Times

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd say you get more gays that act like they are scared of them... otherwise, probably no different.

Great topic Mark... what goes thru that noggin' at times... creative.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know a couple of straight men that would run a mile from roaches and the like. They don't bother me at all. I'm sure there are lots of gay guys who'd be terrified of them too. All mix and match I guess.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd say you get more gays that act like they are scared of them... otherwise, probably no different.

Great topic Mark... what goes thru that noggin' at times... creative.

lol... Thanks, face. :tongue:

At 39 years old, I've finally come to accept that I'm truly a unique character. I've felt bad about that from time to time, but now I'm embracing my eccentricities. :biggrin1:

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm only wary of mormon crickets. It's their little pressed white shirts and ties, and those tiny book of mormons they carry around that really give me the heebie jeebies.
:rofl: you're bad :wink:

I don't think gay men are more afraid at all. I know 2 straight guys who were petrified of mice. I mean run out of the house screaming type of scared! Yeah slightly different but same general principle.

When I see a bug I look for a shoe. More shocking and just kind of, I don't particularly want something crawlin on me but not scared.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am not afraid of them. I do get skeeved out when I see a strange looking one, such as a spider or a centipede type bug, I find something to kill them and flush them down the toilet.

I saw roaches often in my apartment in NJ. In Florida I've never seen any live ones, only 2 dead large ones in 7 months. Tiny ants are around now and then. I hate them, but they are cute.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"I'm only wary of mormon crickets."

The facts are that the Mormon Crickets were the first witness to the buried Golden Plates buried in upstate New York. The Reorganized Church Prophet Jeffs (now at a 4 year sabbatical) has related to all followers that the Mormon Cricket must not be exterminated or in any way upset. This issue with gay folks is moot because the Church does not have any gay members. There was a cute semi-nelly guy named Lance, however, who possessed a phallus of humbling dimensions and was permitted to stay with the Church as a consequence of a heavenly relation from the General Authorities.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Media
I have been bitten twice by spiders. When I lived in the south, many moons ago, the roaches were huge and they flew around. One crawled up the arm of my dad's good vinyl recliner I happen to be sitting in and bit me. Fucker was a good 4" long.

There was a saying my mom used, when ever she purchased a new pair of shoes: "I need a new pair of roach killers."

I hate spiders and roaches and I don't care if that is considered gay as hell.

No snakes either.

Last edited: