Are Guys Born Straight

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, some (most) are born straight, but some are born gay. Ask any gay man if he was born straight and at some point decided to be gay, and if he is being totally honest, he will tell you that from a very early age he knew something was different. Many gay men were very conflicted in their youth because of the negative messages they got from society about gay behavior. Some of us even tried to fit into the mold (marry and have children) that was expected. What I don't understand is why some straight people cannot wrap their mind around the possibilty that some of us were actually born to be gay and we cannot change that.

I think most rational and intelligent people can wrap their heads around it... i know i can, and so can many others who are more tolerant, open and intelligent, not to mention it is not nearly anywhere the same level of stigma it once was, and frankly, the societal change in even only the last 25 years is rather remarkable when you consider it.

Fact is, this generation has grown up around the conversation, and even the older generation is getting more used to it...it is a fact of life and is part of the culture now, even if there are a large portion who don't accept it.

it is nothing like the 50s 60s or even the 70s nowadays.

as for the other folks who think that you can just send a gay person to a camp where they will be "re-programmed", well, who gives a fuck what freaks like that think? They are idiots...and idiots are best ignored.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
we ARE designed to be straight...it is an evolutionary design...and sexual reproduction was designed for sexual reproduction, not for pleasure...it just happens to be pleasurable as well. being tickled is pleasurable, receiving a full body massage (non sexual) is pleasurable, having your back scratched is pleasurable as well.

the highlighted text has nothing to do with design, nor does sticking something up your ass to stimulate the prostate mean you are not straight. (unless it is a dick or another male doing it to you in some capacity as a result of being ATTRACTED to men)

The prostate is not "designed" to be anally stimulated. It serves a purpose in the male sexual reproductive system, and its stimulation is in fact not at all necessary, nor was ever intended to be necessary to stimulate the male orgasm....the fact that people found it pleasurable to stimulate it anally is not "by design" it is a byproduct of sexual exploration.

sexual orientation is not about pleasure, it is about attraction...two very different things.

You say we are designed to be straight, but then give very strong proof that we are designed to be gay. Nothing in the human body is designed by chance. There is a reason the penis is a very stimulated organ. There is also a reason the prostrate is a very stimulated organ. It is to give great pleasure to gay guys so they won't turn straight on us. In reality straight men only are using half of their sexual body parts. That doesn't sound like the way we were designed. It goes against nature. So I would say nature has designed men to encourage them to be gay.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You say we are designed to be straight, but then give very strong proof that we are designed to be gay. Nothing in the human body is designed by chance. There is a reason the penis is a very stimulated organ. There is also a reason the prostrate is a very stimulated organ. It is to give great pleasure to gay guys so they won't turn straight on us. In reality straight men only are using half of their sexual body parts. That doesn't sound like the way we were designed. It goes against nature. So I would say nature has designed men to encourage them to be gay.

mildly amusing, if totally insane :smile:

hotguy8884

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, some (most) are born straight, but some are born gay. Ask any gay man if he was born straight and at some point decided to be gay, and if he is being totally honest, he will tell you that from a very early age he knew something was different.

I disagree with this. When I was younger, I liked girls. I didn't see any difference between me or any of my other friends.

It wasn't until puberty started that I realised I was attracted to guys.

I'm not saying we AREN'T born with a predetermined sexual preference. I'm just saying that we don't have enough evidence to conclude that we are. There would have to be some way of detecting homosexuality in very young children way before puberty (which is fairly early, I've heard some start at the age of seven).

Before puberty, sexual attraction doesn't exist because those hormones aren't active in our bodies. When children have crushes on other children, they are just going with what is normal, because they don't know anything else. I didn't even know what 'gay' meant until age 10 or 11.

Rob <3

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So are you born straight or is it a matter of choice.
If truly delved into, it's a choice, if just accepted, it's instinct. All in all the longer and harder I think about it the less I can tell for either of the black / white sides.

I just remember a lot of straight friends in grammar school thinking girls had cooties. Yet, a year later they seemed to be attracted to them. Was there a latent straight gene in their dna or did they just choose to like girls?
Perhaps the social quota. Thinking "girls have cooties" might be the natural, and getting pressured to like someone / anyone might be the social aspect. Yes, attraction is natural after a bit, but as with most it comes in a flurry of confusion.

After all, there is no straight gene ever found.
Actually, it might exist, but we decided most of the male genetic code was "junk" so we might not be finding it soon... Oh, and by the way, not all natural or biological processes are genetic; not everything needs to be hardcoded; there's also chemical processes and whatnot to take into account.

I think it is from conditioning. They are recruited by other straight people to be straight. And churches seem to be the most blatant about the whole recruiting process. They convince little boys that they are evil if they are not straight. So what do you expect. They just make the choice to be straight. What do you think?

I'd agree due to studying Greece, Rome, the Edo, etc. When the norm was to be infatuated with one's own sex it was pushed pressured and people conformed. It might not be any different in this instance.

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well from my point of view, the male body is biologically designed to suck and fuck. I mean you couldn't suck a guy off if he didn't have a dick. So that can't be the reason. Believe me, there would be no gay guys if there were no dicks and no ass. It would be the end to the gay population as we know it.

I'm 100% gay, but what u say doesn't even make since. If the species wasn;t designed to reproduce, NO ONE WOULD BE HERE. So you should HOPE that it was designed to reproduce. There are just other groups (hate to use the work "sub" groups, LOL) who weren't.:tongue:

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If we are designed to be straight, then why is it also so pleasurable to have a dick or something up your ass, to stimulating your prostate to give you one of the most explosive orgasms..

This is a fallacy of composition. Just because X can feel good does not designate X's design. For instance, a person uses a vibrating toothbrush to achieve orgasm, or a non-specific object as a dildo, both of which weren't designed for such a thing.

Same here; the prostate is not designed to be a sexual organ, nor is the anus, the sphincter, or other parts. The potential of nerves to feel pleasure is not equivalent to the design of the body. For some, just playing with non-sexual parts, such as the arm and hand, can send shivers up spines, shall we call the hands, the palms, the elbows, the feet, the knees, the thighs, and for some even the forehead sexual organs?

No.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mildly amusing, if totally insane :smile:

LoL, You might be right about that.

(QUOTE=This is a fallacy of composition. Just because X can feel good does not designate X's design. For instance, a person uses a vibrating toothbrush to achieve orgasm, or a non-specific object as a dildo, both of which weren't designed for such a thing. [/QUOTE]

I think you are wrong there. It is not the vibrating toothbrush or a dildo that gives you the organism, it is the vagina, penis, prostrate being stimulated that gives you the organism no matter what you use. Turn on a vibrating toothbrush, it does nothing to me. Put it against my dick, explosions occur. Since the prostrate is able to give a male a full organism without the penis being stimulated, it is a very real sex organ. For most people the palms, elbow and feet can not give a male an orgasm alone. (Unless you are Meg Ryan eating a deli sandwich) That is the difference. Only a straight person would say the prostrate is not a sexual organ. They just choose to not use it.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think being straight is learned or recruited, just like being a jerk, for example, is picked up along the way

I was recruited into Quadrasexuality(dont ask) at the local mall, I kicked and screamed but, they took me away and reindoctrinated my ass.:wink:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is a fallacy of composition. Just because X can feel good does not designate X's design. For instance, a person uses a vibrating toothbrush to achieve orgasm, or a non-specific object as a dildo, both of which weren't designed for such a thing.

Same here; the prostate is not designed to be a sexual organ, nor is the anus, the sphincter, or other parts. The potential of nerves to feel pleasure is not equivalent to the design of the body. For some, just playing with non-sexual parts, such as the arm and hand, can send shivers up spines, shall we call the hands, the palms, the elbows, the feet, the knees, the thighs, and for some even the forehead sexual organs?

No.

very well said. i made the same example except i used a cucumber up the ass :tongue:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

No.

exactly...perfectly said, and similar to my posting.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
So are you born straight or is it a matter of choice. I just remember a lot of straight friends in grammar school thinking girls had cooties. Yet, a year later they seemed to be attracted to them. Was there a latent straight gene in their dna or did they just choose to like girls? After all, there is no straight gene ever found. I think it is from conditioning. They are recruited by other straight people to be straight. And churches seem to be the most blatant about the whole recruiting process. They convince little boys that they are evil if they are not straight. So what do you expect. They just make the choice to be straight. What do you think?
I feel that I was born the way that I am, attracted to both sexes. I do have a faith. I think that someone can exercise free will and make the choice to travel down one road or the other. This is a dilemma that I have struggled with my life. I've only known one woman that consciously made the choice to be a lesbian because of the hardships that she endured from dealing with men. Everyone else has seemed to be the way they since they drew their first breath. So, exercising your free will to make to a choice is something that we all have the opportunity to do. It comes from understanding your life and what you want out of it.

deano-uk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

No.

Good point, but surely the body design (or development) is not an accident.
Having sexy with a women can and should be a pleasurable experience, one of the reasons behind things being pleasurable is to encourage it to happen again, thus reproducing - STR8.

Therefore on the same argument, if gay sex is enjoyable it is by nature a way to encourage this act to be repeated..

I know there are the GOD created.. blah blah blah, yeah ok, but to all intents and purposes he and Jesus where supposed to be fun loving guys and want us to be happy. Surely on that side of the argument it would have made it an extremely uncomfortable experience to jerk off, (because of lost/wasted seed), uncomfortable to have anal sex, but if that was the case, why have the prostate so easily reachable by a penis, a finger etc and make it enjoyable.

We all think of the heart as an organ of love, so why not allow us to reach in a stimulate that.....

SIMPLE ANSWER --- DESIGN

The body is designed to enjoy experiences of sex, male- female, male-male, female-female.

ENJOY WHAT YOU ENJOY - TRY WHAT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH.

If Bi / Gay is wrong for you - don't do it..

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Good point, but surely the body design (or development) is not an accident.
Having sexy with a women can and should be a pleasurable experience, one of the reasons behind things being pleasurable is to encourage it to happen again, thus reproducing - STR8.

Therefore on the same argument, if gay sex is enjoyable it is by nature a way to encourage this act to be repeated..

I know there are the GOD created.. blah blah blah, yeah ok, but to all intents and purposes he and Jesus where supposed to be fun loving guys and want us to be happy. Surely on that side of the argument it would have made it an extremely uncomfortable experience to jerk off, (because of lost/wasted seed), uncomfortable to have anal sex, but if that was the case, why have the prostate so easily reachable by a penis, a finger etc and make it enjoyable.

We all think of the heart as an organ of love, so why not allow us to reach in a stimulate that.....

SIMPLE ANSWER --- DESIGN

The body is designed to enjoy experiences of sex, male- female, male-male, female-female.

ENJOY WHAT YOU ENJOY - TRY WHAT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH.

If Bi / Gay is wrong for you - don't do it..

i couldn't help but slightly disagree with this that just because something is pleasurable means its by design. does that mean women who get enjoyment out of being fucked by a horse were designed for such activity?? there are dozens of freaky ways people find pleasure that i doubt hardly can be credited for by design: s&m, torture bestiality, are these all by nature as well??

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I asked a baby "Hey - Were you born straight?" and got no response. I also recieved an odd look from his mother, possibly due to the fact I am a talking cow.

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
nobody here believes we're designed to reproduce?? just because we've found other uses for our body parts doesn't mean that's what they're there for. people use their hands to kill doesn't mean it was in the design. i'm simply saying that by nature we take things used to reproduce and find other uses for them

Not every member of society must reproduce. Take ants for example. Only one female member of a colony reproduces, yet she is surrounded by other females with intact sexual organs.

Reactions: sodominsane

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I asked a baby "Hey - Were you born straight?" and got no response. I also recieved an odd look from his mother, possibly due to the fact I am a talking cow.

Looks oddly at dumbcow and says "Go ask a baby cow", get back to us ok? :smile:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not every member of society must reproduce. Take ants for example. Only one female member of a colony reproduces, yet she is surrounded by other females with intact sexual organs.

i don't think that kind of structure applies to humans. there are some creatures born without sexual organs so i don't think animals are a fair comparison to humans