Are Guys Born Straight

11ish

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think Forrest Gump was right.

LT Dan said it was his destiny, while his mom said it was random and free will.

He said it was probably a bit of both.

By this it could be partial genetic disposition and partial upbringing for some cases, where as others could be completely one or the other. Different people respond to the same thing differently. And until science can completely map a persons mind electrically and chemically at any given moment(which would make it possible to 100% predicting their actions to anything in the world around them) id say the best answer would be probably genetics with upbringing. In reference as well to the animal kingdom, there has been plenty of documentation of gay animals. And not in as confused puppy humped the wrong one. Dolphins, which socialize, go on dates, hold flippers, and do each other in the blow hole have been observed to have gay and straight, as well as bi members of their species

dong-in-khakis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I believe you can be born gay, definitely. I also believe you can be born "not gay" and become gay. As said already, societal conditioning and what is referred to as sexual training, or lack of, can contribute to a boy or girl's sexual interest and destiny. Some say a child's sexuality is neutral when born but I don't believe that. If they're not born gay, they can be heterosexual, but as most people know I'm sure, sexuality can be swayed.

dong-in-khakis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Speaking of Adam and Eve.. Homosexuality is just one more thing that "happened" at the fall of man, as the Bible states.

We were all intended to be perfect, rather straight. When Adam and Eve sinned and as the Bible says, contaminated themselves, then gave birth to condemned offspring that opened the door for all kinds of things to happen to everyone else. Simple Biblical fact, even though all don't believe in the Bible.

But homosexuality has been around that long.

D_Sal_Manilla

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
idk about others but I think that you are born with your orientation. I've been gay for as long as I can remember. I didn't know what it was at the time and it wasn't sexual feelings. i just happened like being around the older guys at my church.

Also homosexuality is not solely found in Homo sapiens, it it also found in other mammals.
example. The penguins at the San Diego zoo.

Reactions: deano-uk

deano-uk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i think its biological to be straight. we're animals like every other creature and our bodies are designed for reproduction

That is a physical thing, you have the equipment so they must reproduce. Some people never have the urge to reproduce or indeed find the opposite sex attractive in a sexual way. I think you are born the way you are, you can be swayed by pier, parental and unfortunately bigoted people and some churches. If you are happy how you are as gay, straight, bi, trans etc, that is because you have found your inner peace and you were born that way .

Reactions: BIGBULL29

I believe some people are born straight and some are born gay. I also believe our environment plays a factor as well in moving us along. Some guys told me they knew they were gay as teenagers, some told me they were in their thirties before they realized it, really why I don’t believe it’s all biology.

Reactions: orangeC and erpap

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I think it is nature, whether someone realizes at 5 or 35 what their orientation is. Nature versus nurture is a valid argument, but nature, your DNA, determines hot you will react to stimuli. Maybe something happened to you during your life that influenced your orientation, but that stimulus could have the opposite effect based on how your DNA determines you will react. Just like your DNA determines if exposure to certain things will result in an allergic reaction or not, for example.

Reactions: GaBulldog

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Use of the terms "proper" and "designed" imply that there is a creator, which there isn't.

Everything you say makes sense even if God exists. If He does, he surely created the system by which life evolved. So arguments from evolution still maintain. Issues of propriety and judgement are interpreted from ancient texts that were created as our ancestors worked to understand their relation to their creator. They need to be interpreted in context.

One thing we can say is that the sex drive is so strong, and the pleasure derived from it so intense, that it clearly must be central to being human and even being mammalian. We can also say that sexual affection between same sex people is so common and so compelling to those who feel it that it too must be a part of being human.

Reactions: DavidXL and orangeC

Nobody is born straight or gay. Everyone is naturally sexually fluid, yet that doesn't mean everyone is an everyday bisexual. What it means is we all have the possibility of being attracted to both genders, yet not necessarily at the same time, not necessarily in the same way, and not necessarily to the same degree.

Gay, Straight, Bi are just sexual identities and should never be taken as an absolute indication of a persons true sexual desire or behaviour.

Explainer: what is sexual fluidity?

Reactions: orangeC

TheBanana

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't know....I think it's not genetic but a choice.
#nohomo

In Nature/animals, are there gays? Not really I think :p.
oprah.gif

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think humans are born awash in hormones that drive them to seek physical pleasure, which includes sexual gratification. Nature is a sly one though. Lets make sex feel great AND procreate as a bonus prize. Nurture and nature both, to varying degrees, shape those desires. Much beyond that gross generalization, should be looked at on a case-by-case basis. Statistics show generalizations like: ~90% of humans identify as "seually straight."

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't know....I think it's not genetic but a choice.
#nohomo

In Nature/animals, are there gays? Not really I think :p.
oprah.gif

Yes, in animals there is homosexuality.

Two male lions show rare public display of affection

The last paragraph is significant. I'm not necessarily a fan of this source, its just the first reference I found when searching for a specific phrase.

Of course, we don't know if the lions pictured are gay or bi, my money is on bi.

The locals think these lions learned this behavior by watching gay men. One of these theories sounds a little more realistic than the other. I can't teach my dog to roll over, I doubt I could teach it to be gay.

Reactions: englad and boxerboy