Are Guys More Comfortable Naked In The Locker Room Than They Used To Be?

cock30

Legendary Member
Media
Does anyone think that guys are getting more comfortable getting naked around each other in the locker room than say, 10 to 15 years ago? More and more I am finding it to be the norm that guys have no issue, even the younger guys 18 to 25. Would love to hear from younger guys and what their opinion on nudity in locker rooms is. At what point did you start showering naked and have you or your mates ever had a problem with it?

robbiesundies

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not one of the younger guys, but I do see this often in the gym I go to. There is always naked guys walking around at the sinks, or going into the steam room. Most of the guys I know don't seem to be scared about there bodies. I have come across guys and younger guys as well that have no problem showing what they have been blessed with. Even seen a few with semi's and a with a full erection and nobody said anything. I myself enjoy coming out of the shower naked and having my towel by my locker..I have nothing to be shy about..it might not be as big as the other guys..but at my age..I really don't mind. Plus I've enjoyed a few more erotic times..

Well, as a younger guy, I don't know how it was 10-15 years ago. All I can say is, I think most guys over 18 (or, say, 20 ?) are quite comfortable with it. In my opinion, you get more comfortable once you're out of your teen years. Psychologically, you care less about what others will think or say. And physically, your body is also more "mature".

As far as I'm concerned, I only started showering regularly in open showers around 20. Before that, I wasn't scared to show my body, but I would only have showered in public if that was an absolute necessity. I have mates who had a real problem with nudity when they were younger, and who know have not the slightest problem anymore. I have other mates who never had any problem and seemed to get naked whenever they had an opportunity. So I think it really depends from one guy to another. I don't think there's really a trend towards being more or less comfortable than before.

Reactions: Curvy-d

cock30

Legendary Member
Media
Good to hear your response gangnam. I showered naked with my mates all the way from starting secondary school so was used to it, but I agree with you I think nowadays guys get more comfortable once they are 19, 20, 21. They have been exposed to nudity a bit more by then and most have grown the balls to just man up and get their kit off. I had a conversation on here a while back and someone said that a lot of guys get to the age when they join a gym and have never seen another naked man before then.

Stuckey13

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm 18 and still in high school and I see it 2 ways

1.) In regular gym class guys who are not on sports teams act very uncomfortable and are always doing a towel dance and always try to keep to themselves

2.) As far as the wrestling team I'm on I don't think there is one guy who is uncomfortable being nude, we are together EVERY day for practice or at a match and it is very common that most of us walk around the locker room naked and it's just normal and it's been like that for years

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Must depend where you are because locally 10 years ago everyone in the locker room was bare assed just going about their business
In the last few years many leave the gym without changing or showering and more and more are doing the ridiculous towel dance and some are even showering in their shorts. Seems to me it is the late teen and twenties that are the silliest. Whatever happened them has changed locker room dynamics

B_verilux

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agree with the previous. The younger guys seem almost paranoid these days. Entering into the locker room feels like entering into a paranoid area. It's us older guys who are comfortable… and my own comfort makes me feel like I make them uncomfortable. It's like I feel obligated to also be paranoid.

I know some guys think it's the older generation that needs to help the younger generation be more comfortable, but that doesn't work. I don't know why the younger guys are so paranoid, and I don't know what could help them.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMWphoto
D

deleted3782

At my gym, guys don't even use the locker room anymore. They just drive home and shower there. This is especially true of the younger guys.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I started showering naked regularly around the time I joined this site- about 4 years ago, even though i've been working out about 4 years longer than that. I haven't really noticed too big of a change among younger people. I will say this- I don't think older people can really do much, it has to be people their own age doing it. Too often I've been leered at in the locker room by guys who seem to not work out, and only hang out in the gym hoping to get a peep. I would surmise that a lot of the straight young guys pick up on that, and don't change in the gym

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Agree!!

I'm 18 and still in high school and I see it 2 ways

1.) In regular gym class guys who are not on sports teams act very uncomfortable and are always doing a towel dance and always try to keep to themselves

2.) As far as the wrestling team I'm on I don't think there is one guy who is uncomfortable being nude, we are together EVERY day for practice or at a match and it is very common that most of us walk around the locker room naked and it's just normal and it's been like that for years

smitty57

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with verilux and kurios. I've spent a lot of time in the gym since college (3-5 times a week). In the past few years it seems that more and more (usually younger) guys are uncomfortable being naked. And I'm amazed at the effort sometimes involved - pulling underwear on and off with a towel around the waist can't be easy.

oldick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my Jr high and High school days boys allways showered together in one large room.
But!! the girls had individual showers for each one. Is this still true and why? A
and if not why?

Call_Me_Daddy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At my gym, guys don't even use the locker room anymore. They just drive home and shower there. This is especially true of the younger guys.
This is what I see too, no penises in the locker room.

It also seems locker room designers are more aware of this issue.

At the university I go to they recently added a huge rec center with weights, basket ball courts, rock climbing wall, indoor soccer, all sorts of stuff. And each shower in the locker room is private and is attached to a private dressing area. They've made it so you'll never see a penis in there which I'm grateful for.

Hardly anyone wanted to take a shower after gym in high school, even the jocks. I think there were a few exceptions, but not many. I remember our teacher of the class after gym actually talked about it and was like "You guys can't come to class all gross." or something lol.

Now I'm totally comfortable being naked in the locker room, so I think it is an age thing, yeah, at least for me.

Reactions: deleted1070917

silvian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think it's just a problem about the cock flacid leght. I'm a grower so i don't watch so much other cock when i was at swimming pool, by the way i can undstand why some young men are scared to show theirself naked.
Sometime it's pretty hard to hide an erection and it could became a big problem in a locker room

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I go to lots of gyms as I travel to see accounts. Seems to me the morning pre work crowd and lunch time crowd younger and older are pretty comfortable naked. Recently I did an evening basketball league. Maybe half showered. None towel danced who did shower. Divide was not age driven. I do think in past few years the tide has begun to turn away from fanatical modesty. A little.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Im surprised by the observation that guys are MORE comfortable. Younger guys STILL seem very squeamish about locker room nudity, but perhaps the OP is on to something and eventually guys will return tot he days of just hanging (and showering) naked, like we al used to do.

cock30

Legendary Member
Media
It's just what I've noticed in the past couple years, I must have seen over a hundred naked young guys 18 to 25. Yes there are still those ones that would rather die than get naked with another lad, but I don't seem to notice them as much. Maybe it's just my gym and the area I live.