Are Guys More Comfortable Naked In The Locker Room Than They Used To Be?

muscleman1965

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My take on the question is no, and I cannot figure out if it is generational or not at least at my gym. 80% of the younger guys mid 20's wear towels or their briefs to the showers we have stalls and many wear then while they shower they come out with them wet and wrapped in their towel. about 60% of the older men 30-50s do the same. not sure if they are imitating the younger guys or not.
the older guys 50+ seem to have a no care attitude but may of them stay covered as well. I am a nudist at heart and it just does not bother me one way or the other I am not doing it to show off I am just more comfortable that way. it is a shame more folks aren't or maybe I need a new gym.
and pool
Grew up in Orange NJ and went to the YMCA with my brother and dad. Always naked in showers, lockrroom and pool. I developed before a lot of my friends and lining up to go into the pool when it opened I often was hard and kidded about that 20160129_141645_001 (2).jpg

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
January is about over. The annual not-fits migration to the gym is ending. The lines to snag a treadmill are over and the Golden Corral buffet lines are back-- I would guess without knowing--to normal.

Reflecting on the locker room behavior of the uninitiated this year: The newbies seemed to overwhelmingly get right with the naked protocols. Exceptions of course but overall good. My gym has gang showers and a positively indifferent attitude toward nude dudes in the locker room. A gym I visit while working on the road has stalls with curtains and a common towel hook and drying zone. The naked comfort level there too seemed high among the crop of 2016.

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I don't know if other guys now feel more comfortable being naked in locker rooms, but I certainly do. I love feeling confident in my own skin when others around me are doing their ridiculous dance of shame hiding under their towels. There is something empowering about it which makes me feel like a superior male (probably because they are acting so awkward and afraid). I don't flaunt it - I just confidently go about my business whether others take notice or not. If they get weirded out by my actions, then I truly view it as their problem resulting from their own insecurities. I'm glad that I don't have that particular collection of hangups in my life.

Melo11

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, it's not the problem at all, but when somebody looks too long -it pisses me off!

kurt bishop

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, it's not the problem at all, but when somebody looks too long -it pisses me off!

Yep that's when it gets creepy!

There is an entire thread about exactly what your talking about- your not the only one.
This thread just asks the question " are guys more comfortable now".

Reactions: AG08

lbmaine

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
and pool
Grew up in Orange NJ and went to the YMCA with my brother and dad. Always naked in showers, lockrroom and pool. I developed before a lot of my friends and lining up to go into the pool when it opened I often was hard and kidded about that View attachment 448235
Nice pump!

Other than the first couple of times for PE class in the 7th grade, I have always been comfortable naked in the lockerroom.

Reactions: kurt bishop

OandyO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am in my 30's and I see the younger guys being comfortable showering and changing without doing a towel dance. Some are shy but the herd mentality of seeing others comfortable of all shapes and sizes shows them it's OK. Keep showing the boys how to be men.

Attachments

hardboy_fll

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Recently I was enjoying a hot pool at a Korean spa in Texas when an alpha male type father came in with his two boys, one about 9 and the other probably 12. They all had swim trunks on which is a big no no at Korean spas since they don't want all that bacteria and skid marks polluting the clean water and sauna benches.

The father was signing up the kid for a body scrub which are always done nude and he knew this. So he was very demonstrative in visually explaining to the Korean scrub attendant that he was only to scrub the kid's torso and lower legs, NOT HERE IN THE MIDDLE. It was comical. Why even bother if he's that worried about it?

You wonder where it starts, that's where it starts.

Recently I was enjoying a hot pool at a Korean spa in Texas when an alpha male type father came in with his two boys, one about 9 and the other probably 12. They all had swim trunks on which is a big no no at Korean spas since they don't want all that bacteria and skid marks polluting the clean water and sauna benches.

The father was signing up the kid for a body scrub which are always done nude and he knew this. So he was very demonstrative in visually explaining to the Korean scrub attendant that he was only to scrub the kid's torso and lower legs, NOT HERE IN THE MIDDLE. It was comical. Why even bother if he's that worried about it?

You wonder where it starts, that's where it starts.
Any indication how the father did his scrubs?

Reactions: deleted888989

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I posted this in another thread a few days ago; it's actually more germane to this conversation than to the other.

It's a funny thing - this morning I had the opportunity to see both extremes in my gym's locker room.

As I walked in to the locker area from the gym to strip off and head to the shower, there was one guy whose path I cross every other morning or so and, as usual, he was buck naked having just apparently finished showering. Again, as usual, he was standing around nonchalantly, putzing if you will, walking naked to the far end of the locker room and then returning to his own locker as if he were looking for something or someone. Personally, I think he just likes the thought of being looked at.

Several minutes later, as I finished my own shower and returned to my locker, right there beside me was another guy who I see fairly regularly. He removed his sneakers and socks and then wrapped a towel around his waist. With some difficulty, he managed to drop his workout pants and underwear from under the towel and then, with his shirt still on (!) and towel around his waist, he marched off to the shower area (individual stalls with curtains). I have no doubt that he went into the stall and pulled the curtain before removing either the towel or the shirt.

Now, both of these guys are late 20's I would guess and in equally good shape although different body types. Neither has anything to be ashamed of from what I can see.

As for me, I strip off at my locker and walk to the shower carrying my microfiber towel (it's in my photos) loosely in front of me so as not to get it all sweaty. After showering and drying off, I wrap the towel around my waist and return to my locker, drop the towel and put on my underwear, then continue from there. I neither go out of my way to show off nor to hide.

Reactions: briefsguy1993

kurt bishop

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have read a lot of entries here.

My locker room has a locker area about 20x15 (small ) and a shower area with about 4 showers and 3 dressing rooms across from the showers just a few steps away from the locker area. Again the shower area is rather small but plenty big enough to do what I need to do.

The locker room area has so much traffic from guys grabbing there coats, coming into piss or leaving to go home, or changing to work out - I'm uncomfortable changing there, it's just to busy- to many people in and out not much room to dry off or change etc. it's just crowded! I'm a lockeroom kind of guy, I'm not shy I don't care who is there naked or not.

What I do is after my work out I go in take off my shoes and socks, my wet t-shirt and grab my towel and walk to the showers with my shorts on. I go commando so it's pretty easy to get undressed once in the shower area.

Take my shower, Walk across the hall to the changing area, grab my towel and dry off.
Put my shorts on and Head back to the locker area. then pack up and leave, clean T, shoes socks and I'm out the door-!

I do the real "get clean shower" at home, but the stink is off me.
I do it this way mostly because it's easier and I'm not rushed crowded or frustrated waiting to get to my locker, not because I care if someone sees my dick.

I ENcourage anyone to look at my dick I like being noticed. But man! the headache of being rushed and waiting to get to my locker wet and cold sucks ! The headache is just gone.

Im a freak right- LOOK AT THE 40yr OLD WEIRDO WALKING AROUND THE LOCKER ROOM WITH HIS SHORTS ON!

Reactions: chubbyjockstrap

Jasthma

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
At my gym, I'm noticing more guys afraid to get naked. When they change from street clothes to workout clothes, many of them will leave their boxers on and put on gym shorts over them. This doesn't offer a guy the support he needs when working out. There are shorts with liners in them, or also sport briefs which are better for your junk. Also, more guys are doing the towel dance when changing. Some of them wrap a towel around them before taking their pants off and putting on shorts, without taking off their boxers. Others just keep the towel on when putting on their underwear after showering. I even see guys showering with their underwear on. I don't know who these guys think they're kidding. They're not that good looking, and no one is going to be cruising them in public.

Reactions: briefsguy1993

meatal_head

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had the chance to recently attend an amateur wrestling meet on a regional level. Tons of wrestlers and not so much locker room space. I went in to say hello to a cousin of mine who was going for a big championship in his match to wish him luck. I guess given the nature of the singlets they wear, probably well over half the guys in the locker room were buck naked. First time I have seen that many nude dudes in a locker room all at once in a very long time. It was wall-to-wall penis- all shapes, sizes, and colors. My cousin introduced me to several of his friends and most of them were naked while I was talking with them.

I had the chance to recently attend an amateur wrestling meet on a regional level. Tons of wrestlers and not so much locker room space. I went in to say hello to a cousin of mine who was going for a big championship in his match to wish him luck. I guess given the nature of the singlets they wear, probably well over half the guys in the locker room were buck naked. First time I have seen that many nude dudes in a locker room all at once in a very long time. It was wall-to-wall penis- all shapes, sizes, and colors. My cousin introduced me to several of his friends and most of them were naked while I was talking with them.

I too find that wrestlers are casual about nudity in the locker room and open shower. My fitness class lets out the same time that the wrestling team finishes their practice at my university. When I hit the showers, guys from the wrestling team are crowded around the Bradley shower pole. Guys that arrive late often have to take a stall, but leave the curtain open to chat with their buddies. I always use the Bradley shower poles, so I get an eyeful. It's refreshing to see, and the bodies I get to see are quite spectacular as these guys are in their early 20s. I get to see some monster cocks and tight little butts on some amazing bodies. I take it as a compliment when I catch these guys checking me out as well as I'm probably twice their age. My class is twice a week. I'll be sad when the semester ends and these guys go home for the summer.

D

deleted888989

How would a gay person ever take advantage of you when you are naked.. Especially if you describe yourself as "not very attractive "

I think some of it has to do with gay guys taking advantage of guys who would walk around nude. I am cool with being nude. I ain't attractive but I dont have a problem with it. But even I have to get gay guys away from me cause they see it as a gay act. So straight guys won't go nude cause they think it's gay to do it. I dont blame them but it's sad. Nudity isn't bad. People freak if they accidently see a cock or tits in a public setting. Who cares.