are guys that were born premature more likely to be left uncut?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why there and then, is because he was soon to be leaving neonatal intensive care. We would lose access to the aforementioned surgeon. Also, if the little guy were to have had any complication, he could have been in no better place for care. It was his tenth surgery in four months.

He used the plastibell method. It healed very quickly and cleanly and (best I can tell at my son's current age < 3 years), he has no scar to speak of.

so your justifying his circ, because he'd already survived 9 surgeries? wasn't 9 enough.. no reason to put him through anymore pain than necessary..

voyeurcurioso

Loved Member
Media
As some of the replies here do attest, many preemies in the US end up getting circumcised. I'll add that I did have extensive correspondence with an intact American (born overseas) who did his own informal study of American-born men who reached adulthood with their foreskins, and the #1 reason given for never having been circumcised was premature birth. For what it's worth, in Junior high I had a friend who was circ'd at 13, and was intact because he was born early. Another American bud in college still had his skin, but in the course of things he mentioned he was premature, which I am sure explains the intact foreskin (but I never asked).

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Anyone wishing to have a foreskin, restore. I've been doing it almost a year and its worth it

I agree. I now have complete coverage of my glans when my cock is super soft and relatively small. However, my soft cock likes to hang long so my skin creeps behind my cock head in most of my pics.

B_growing_boi9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have to disagree with most of the posts. I was circumcised at age 17 because of dark spot on my foreskin that the dermatologist was concerned might progress into malignant melanoma if chronically irritated. As I planned to irritate the hell out of it whenever I had an opportunity, I agreed to the circ. I believe I am much better w/o the foreskin. I, for a teen ager was reasonably active sexually b 4 the circ. After the circ, I was much more confident. It apparently handled a problem I had with premature ejaculation...I was so concerned about it that if I had a date that might result in sex...I always jerked off b4 the date, which helped my anxiety considerably. I think one of the benefits of the circ was that my cockhead was no longer covered and was constantly rubbed by my shorts and lost some of its sensitivity. Also, I think esthetically it's more pleasing now than it was before the circ when I though the foreskin hanging below my cockhead was kinda ugly. My cock has grown some since the circ and I now believe it looks better in the mirror and the gym shower.

This is 4 what it's worth

eric19831

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My brother and I are both cut and we were both premature. Don't know if it was done right away or not. I know both of my parents wanted it done. My mom now wishes she hadn't had us cut and my dad stands by the old ideas of cutting baby boys. I hate being cut. :(

Ronald75

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
are guys that were born premature more likely to be left uncut?

just curious if this was true or not, I know that I was born seven weeks early, and I know they tried to cut me before releasing me from the hospital, and then like a week or two after they took me in but the doctor brought me back without doing it since I was still too small, and said to bring me back in 6 weeks.. unfortunately my parents not sure which one must of been really insistent about it since they took me back.. though I think this is how I ended up with the unusual loose cut that I have since I think that I was done in a doctors office with the plastibell rather than in the hospital with a gomco.

heres a quote from another thread:

I think there is some truth in that observation. The practice is circumcise boys within 24 to 48 hours of birth. One can't circumcise a premie so the premature infant may escape the cycle.

If a boy escapes from the hospital with his foreskin, there is less chance that he will ever be circumcised.

The most important determination however, is the circumcision status of the father. Circumcised fathers frequently have emotional issues resulting from their own traumatic loss of erogenous penile tissue that causes them to want to reenact the trauma on their newborn son.