Are hard cups not worn anymore?

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It seems that few football players were hard cups these days. I still see jock straps on all of them but, when viewed from the front their dicks are highly visible.
If a hard cup is being worn, at least from my experiences, you can't see his dick. The hard cup creates a nice big bulge but it renders the dick invisible.
What is going on?

I Never wore a cup when I played football in high school or even a jockstrap for that matter. And it wasn't a good idea for wrestling or track haha. But I do use one for my Jiu Jitsu tournaments and practices. Nothing worse than a guy trying to pass your guard only to bury his knee in your crotch.

Truck

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hard cups are very uncomfortable and are usually only used if extremely needed. Football doesn't have any really hard objects traveling THAT fast.

josty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hard cups are very uncomfortable and are usually only used if extremely needed. Football doesn't have any really hard objects traveling THAT fast.

You're kidding right? You think an NFL linebacker landing on your sack isn't ~that bad~? I can see how it's not regular occurrence and that it's not as bad as say...a full on soccer ball or baseball, but still...not something I would want.

Last edited:

badgerii

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I noticed this last week too, I always see Bike brand jocks but there are no cup bulges. Now with everything in HD, its hard to miss their junk swinging back and forth...

ruggerkit28

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i am english and for playing rugby (which is a pretty violent form of soccer) at school we used to wear jock straps only. for cricket, the batsmen had to use a box as well (the sports master used to check by kneeing us in the crotch)

(BTW, i rememeber the embarasment , when i was 12/13, of having to own up to my mum that the school insisitng that she should buy one for me).

hollywood11.4"

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i dunno about professionals, but i play baseball with my buds on friday nights and i wear both a jock and a cup, my problem is cup keeps me hard and after awhile i end up creaming it. have tried not wearing the cup and i have the same problem in my jockstrap. just my two cents here.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a bunch of friends that get together and play a rough version of street hockey and sometimes roller hockey. No rules and lots of blood. I typically wear a cup for this. I have also worn a cup when I played baseball and coached baseball.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree that I haven't really seen Football players wearing them much... But someone must wear them, especially with the way that the Sporting Goods stores are full of them.... At least the companies that make them have gotten smarter, so now there are child, teen, and adult sizes, and I know one company even makes a pee-wee size... haven't yet seen a company that makes an XL adult size, which is surprising...

I use to ALWAYS wear one for water polo, as the games got extremely rough.... and definitely will again once I start playing again...

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Little League requires them for baseball.

they were only required for catchers when I was in Little League... I can still remember the day at practice when the coach wanted a different guy to play catcher but he didn't have a cup on, so the coach had the previous catcher take his cup out and hand it to the other guy... Could have been the moment my fascination with jocks/cups started...

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yea, you're right. I forgot it was only catchers. My son pitched so he always had to have one. The other coach tried to rotate others in and it was always an issue of whether they had a cup or not.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
1. I'm glad that football players still wear jockstraps. But it seems to me that they have regular, oldfashioned Bike #10 or the equivalent, so how come they're not available in stores any more?
2. I think it's crazy ( nuts?) not to wear a cup in a collision sports like football. Imagine of the accidents we DON'T hear about!
3.You wore a cup for water polo?? Under your Speedo?? Surely that got some comments. Tell!
4. Do guys exaggerate when they talk about staying hard in a cup? Surely that's not common, nor is creaming in it. That said, jocks have made me hard since i encountered my first one at eleven.

D_Vita_Mee_Tavegamin

Account Disabled
Media
Other than the mess and the fact you're playing ball - doesn't sound like that unpleasant of an experience :smile:

hollywood11.4";2447916 said:
i dunno about professionals, but i play baseball with my buds on friday nights and i wear both a jock and a cup, my problem is cup keeps me hard and after awhile i end up creaming it. have tried not wearing the cup and i have the same problem in my jockstrap. just my two cents here.