Are men retarded?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Drifterwood, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Drifterwood

Gold Member

When it comes to expressing their sexuality?

Do you encourage it?

What happens to either partner if one does not encourage the expression of the other's?

2. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    LOL! I don't think so.

3. Drifterwood

Gold Member

:eek:

Quote you out of context, Moi? :tongue:

4. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

What exactly do you mean by 'expressing'?

5. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Nothing to do with booby milk, that's for sure.

Well, you tell me.

I think I can tell if a partner is expressing her sexuality when we have sex.

6. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    LOL! :biggrin1:

Funny, TheBF's answer was, "Yes, we can grunt and point at our junk, but that's about it."

He's just being modest. :tongue:

7. wallyj84

Gold Member

I don't understand the question.

8. Drifterwood

Gold Member

If I was asking a guy Wally, then it would be

Do you express yourself sexually with your partner? Do you know how to, are you comfortable expressing yourself no holds barred?

And then, do you feel that your partner encourages you to, wants you to, or maybe she doesn't?

It's not a trick question to the ladies, I just wonder if they think about these things.

9. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

Yes and yes. We were not always as open as we are now.

10. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Just checking. I thought it might be Drifterwood for 'Is he allowed to screw anyone he wants?' :biggrin1:.

I think most guys I've been with have been pretty clear on what they do and don't like in bed. And most of them have been quite obvious about whether they're enjoying it or not in the moment. But then I usually make it quite obvious that I'm not shy sexually myself, so maybe that's helping them along a bit.

11. ulube08

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i think it depends on if the guy is "open" to things other than penis--->vagina (obviously theres other common sexual acts that are generally accepted or at least considered). if he is then yea i think he'll hold back if he thinks his partner will view him differently for it. something i consider to be "holding back" is calling yourself 100% straight when the thought of fucking a guy or getting a blowjob from him turns u on, which i've encountered. straight guys jerking off to my supposed sexual interaction with them aka gay fantasy

12. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmmm, I envisioned a lot broader application to the thread title, but since you're limiting it to sex I'll give it a shot. My hubby does have issues expressing himself when it comes to sex for a couple of reasons, and I'm one of them. I've never, ever been turned down when I express a desire for intimacy, but I've lost count how many times Cap's been shot down in flames because a) I'm not in the mood b) that time of the month or c) any damn thing else I feel. Yes, I do feel sorry that I reject him sometimes, but he's also very insecure about his size. He knows it's difficult for me to accommodate him sometimes, and when I grunt even in pleasure he takes it as a sign of discomfort.

So, it's a mixture of things that may have retarded his ability to express himself, but it's all good in the end.

13. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Honestly, no more than some of us women are.

Of course! I want to know everything that makes him tick. Even sexually. I want to know those big fantasies. What does he like? What doesn't he like? What would he like to explore that he hasn't explored before and how can I help him do it.

I think the partner that's not being encouraged may be more likely to hide their thoughts and fastasies. Possibly explore those fantasies on their own or end up having an unhappy sex life.

Likewise, the partner that doesn't encourage may live in their own little sexual box, happly ever after or they may start to feel their partner has disconnected and is hiding something.

14. rrambo

rrambo New Member

Albums:
    It's strange, my wife and I tell each other pretty much everything... but there are things I want sexually that I just can't bring myself to tell her.. I don't know why. I tell myself that I'm going to, but then I clam up.. and I KNOW there are things that she wants but won't tell me, just from things she does during sex.. but she won't speak them..

Yes, I'm retarded ;-)

15. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I don't think men are retarded in regards to expressing their sexuality, I think they're just afraid... or even inhibited, perhaps. If they feel secure and confident, they can express it just fine!

16. Jillang

Jillang Member

Yes and it's not limited to anything. I'm sorry but it is true.

17. noirman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If the opposite of retarded is enlightened, I think I may be the latter with my bf. Our dialogue would make Dr. Ruth blush.

18. Mr. Sensitive

Mr. Sensitive Member

No, I've never encouraged my partner to express herself sexually. And, thankfully, she's never encouraged me. We are retarded and hope to stay that way as we've both having lots of fun. If there are problems, we deal with them. I would not be happy if anyone suggested that I ought to be discovering or expressing unexplored dimensions of my sexually. I prefer to find the motivation within. It's too easy for "encouragement" to feel like an "ought."

Draft saved Draft deleted