Are men tooooo girly these days?

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Be who you are.... and damn anyone who judges.

"He who judges his brother must first judge himself with the same intent, for soon he will realize neither he nor his brother are worthy of judgement."

Reactions: 1019487

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
--This Thread reminds me of the movie "Bedazzled" Starring Brendan Fraizer. One of his wishes he wishes to be the most sensitive guy ever. Which is what I think of a feminine man to be. In the Clip for that wish. He is a sensitive Guy, that likes art, only cares about the girl's feelings, and cried because he said the sunset was beautiful.
--Later in the clip, 2 guys came up to him and the girl and said "Hey want to leave here and go to my place?" and she said yes.
--In the movie she looked at him and said, I love you and that you care so much, but sometimes I need someone that will just tear off my close.
--That is what I think of a feminine guy is. If that is what you meant, I think it is ok for a guy to cry and show feelings, BUT a guy should definitely be strong enough to fight and stand up for a woman he loves. Not just back down at a sign of danger. I think a girl would respect a guy that got the crap beat out of him for standing up f or her, rather than a guy that ran when trouble arose.

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, Murkylurk. When you were asking about Masculine and Feminine. Were you talking about Physical Appearance or Attitude? Manly Looking? or Many Actions?

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Men aren't too girly. In America, if you are a man, the you can't hold a door open for a women without being called sexist, you can't look at a child without being called a pedophile, you can't have pride in having a dick and a set of balls without being a misogynist.

There is a group of women with a political agenda aimed at emasculating men. This group is constituted of undesirable women who are so miserable that they want to ruin the joy of gender differences for normal men and women.

Reactions: buckhunter37

D_Millard Fillermore

Account Disabled
Media
Oh, Murkylurk. When you were asking about Masculine and Feminine. Were you talking about Physical Appearance or Attitude? Manly Looking? or Many Actions?

Was asking pretty much all of thee above. Lazy yeah but was just curious as to which type of guy was more desirable these days. As in this generation.

Was kind of like a hippy vs sports star type thing.

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Be who you are.... and damn anyone who judges.

Oh, man. This!

In my own case I defy classification (I think). Gay, but very straight-acting. A little right of center, politically. Single, and my age 70+ parents live with me. I'll drink, but it's one beer for an entire evening. I like the arts and play the organ (classical pipe organ), but I also work on pipe organs, as in climb around inside them to do what needs to be done. I have played hockey, and enjoy watching it. I am not into American football at all. I work out and lift weights regularly and try to eat sensibly. I am a crack shot on the pistol range, though I don't own any weapons. I am not into fighting, but have broken up more than a few student fights in the high school I work in. I'd like to think I am sensitive to others' feelings.

Masculine? Feminine? Dunno, I am who I am and if someone doesn't like it, they can bugger off.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Men should be men..masculine

Girls should be girls .. Feminine

that is like saying ICE should never be interpreted as HOT
and scalding water should never be interpreted as FREEZING.

freezer-burn is a real thing. ; )

whether you like to perceive it that way or not.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Men aren't too girly. In America, if you are a man, the you can't hold a door open for a women without being called sexist, you can't look at a child without being called a pedophile, you can't have pride in having a dick and a set of balls without being a misogynist.

There is a group of women with a political agenda aimed at emasculating men. This group is constituted of undesirable women who are so miserable that they want to ruin the joy of gender differences for normal men and women.

Fuzzy agrees with the first paragraph. The second paragraph... not so much. Men need to be grab their nuts and not be forced into shame just for being men.

[...]
Then you get into cultural connotations of what masculine or feminine behaviour is. That's an absolute minefield as different cultures (and different religions, and different families, and different circles of friends) have different expectations about what constitutes gender-stereotyped behaviour. These stereotypes are often contradictory as well - men are not allowed to show emotion, but are allowed to express rage and anger (which, last I checked, were emotions), while women are allowed to express emotion, but are not allowed to express rage, anger, or lust. So men are expected to spend their entire lives pretending they never get sad, while women get to stay at home feeling sad and sexless? That totally sounds like a world I'd love to live in.
[...]

Constructs of gender vary widely from one culture to another, and "doing gender" seems to be troublesome and confusing for everyone. One thing seems certain, though: gender behavior rules are not natural. Gender roles change over time, and acceptable behaviors change with them. Meanwhile, the humans who must perform these roles don't change. This fact alone suggests to Fuzzy that gender roles are unnatural. Fuzzy thinks the World would be a much nicer place if we weren't so hung up on societal constraints.

"Don't you got tits? Stick 'em out, for God's sake!" - Hatchet-Face from the film Cry-Baby

Thirdlegproduction

Formerly WhiteMonst3r
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know if men are more feminine or vice versa but I know A LOT of people are confused.

The way I've been told I'm feminine is how I can bitch about someone's motive for doing something or anything, while a "real man" would just nod and grunt or something.

Last edited:

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Great answer. I love that comment: two hairy masculine men fucking is feminine. You're right. It makes no sense. It can be even more confusing for someone like myself who grew up across several different cultures. In the United States it is often perceived that masculine men do not show their emotions, and it is often perceived that men of color (black men, dark skinned Mexican and Latin American men, etc.) in the United States are more masculine then white men of European descent. However, men of color in the United States often show more emotion than the white men. Which would seem to mean that men of color are more feminine than white men. But all parties would likely say they are not. (Then throw in there the fact that masculine white men are often supposed to be slobs, and yet masculine black men often dress like they just got off of the fashion run way in Milan.)

This is the first place my brain always goes.

I know women (and men) who insist that they want "manly men" but get all grossed out by chest hair - let alone back hair. Meanwhile, I know tonnes of people who are 100% into emotionally-attuned hipster guys (those would be girly men, right?) who are into beards and cooperative farming and shit (does that then make them manly, or just cancel out the girly shit?). WTF.

Then you get into cultural connotations of what masculine or feminine behaviour is. That's an absolute minefield as different cultures (and different religions, and different families, and different circles of friends) have different expectations about what constitutes gender-stereotyped behaviour. These stereotypes are often contradictory as well - men are not allowed to show emotion, but are allowed to express rage and anger (which, last I checked, were emotions), while women are allowed to express emotion, but are not allowed to express rage, anger, or lust. So men are expected to spend their entire lives pretending they never get sad, while women get to stay at home feeling sad and sexless? That totally sounds like a world I'd love to live in.

Meanwhile, manly men are expected to do manly things and show no interest in girly things; so how does it follow that manly men should be allowed to be interested in women, who are supposed to be the physical manifestation of all things girly and soft? Logically, shouldn't manly men want to fuck manly men? But wait...that would be gay, which is feminine. So two giant, hairy guys fucking is feminine. That makes absolute sense to me.

I don't think men are too girly these days because the whole system of what constitutes "masculine" and "feminine" is illogical, inconsistent, culturally-biased, and emotionally hobbled. I'd rather men and women (and everyone in between) be how they want to be - whether that means growing a beard and chopping down trees in rural Quebec, or learning how to crochet, or both.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
This is so true. There is basically an agenda to get rid of men in this country. If you are a feminine man and are happy that way, fine. Stay that way. If you are a masculine woman and are happy that way, stay that way. But it is also okay to be a man and be masculine and to enjoy that. It's actually a good thing to be male.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Dude, the next time someone tells you that you are feminine, why don't you just pull that dick of yours out. Damn. Ain't nothin' feminine about that thing.

I don't know if men are more feminine or vice versa but I know A LOT of people are confused.

The way I've been told I'm feminine is how I can bitch about someone's motive for doing something or anything, while a "real man" would just nod and grunt or something.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
What is masculine and what is feminine? I'm both put together, and exploit the best in both.

Masculine men grab them by the pussy without asking permission. Cucks, sissies, and wimps ask permission first. At least, that's what the media is saying these days.

D

deleted817718

I kind of find feminine guys hot, and I quite like tomboyish girls too. I don't think gender fluidity is at all a bad thing!

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know... which one has a strong sense of self, is honest, caring, has integrity, and has firm, reasonable beliefs that inform his activities and relation to the world? 'Cause that will be the one that I'll have some interest in associating with.

stretch8888

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The OP is a bit vague as to whether they are talking appearance or personality wise, but in my opinion yea a lot of men these days are far more feminine[in both aspects] compared to the past, but as others have stated these days you are almost expected to be ashamed if you are masculine or a mans man so to speak. Personally i dont overly look the part, 5'10ish 160-170lbs pushing 30 [told i look early 20s] and still have a baby face and cant grow a beard, however i grew up around farms and mechanics, and i've been accused of being born a couple decades late, cause i can swing an axe shoot a gun and build damn near anything i want with my hands.

The funniest comment i've ever gotten on the subject was from a female friend, we'd known each other since kids as family friends but never actually hung out as friends, very much a city girl, came out with me and some friends to the lake one day for a fire, road in was blocked by a few trees, which was no big deal, went to the bed of my truck pulled a chain saw out of my tool box and started cutting the trees up, then grabbed an axe and chopped a bunch for the fire. Later that night after dropping her off at home, she texts me and asks if i'm always like that, i asked what she meant, and she says doing all that manly shit, she'd never met a guy who owned a chainsaw let alone just carried one in his truck and knew how to use it, she admitted to being oddly turned on by it, it gave me a good laugh.