Are most americans born today left uncut?

zawfi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've wondered about this myself. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of boys left uncut is increasing, but I would expect the number of boys left uncut to be a small percentage of total male births. I, too, would like to see the stats.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In USA, the intact rate is increasing gradually. Stated differently the cut rate is decreasing gradually. A commonly quoted survey is the National Hospital Discharge Survey which shows a cut rate of ~63% in 1994 declining to ~57% in 2004. It went up and down during those years but a downward cutting trend is decipherable.

Prior to 1994, I'm not aware of any national survey of infants. Prior stats are based upon surveying adults and asking them when they were cut and then extrapolating.

It's generally dropping faster [fewer circ's] in the West but has been rather static in the Midwest.

More info: U.S. Circumcision Statistics -- scroll down to "recent statistical data".

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
The act of circumcision fortunately is decreasing. When I was born in the 1950's my parents were not even asked. The hospital did it and my parents got the "weenie whacked" kid and the bill after the fact.

Most of the problems with uncircmcised individuals are a result of poor hygiene habits. There are a few with problems from skins that will not retract, but the percentage of these kinds of problems are extremely small.

There is nothing wrong with belonging to either club, to me it is just another place where the medical community learned to make money based on convincing parents that a ton of bogus rumors that made them a ton of money were true.

If I were a parent today, I would leave my son uncircumcised and if there were a problem when he hit puberty, deal with it at that time.

There is an old saying: "If it ain't broke...don't fix it!"

Fanof4skin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IRL I advocate against infant circumcision by talking to people and giving out books and talking to people online (on other websites).

My almost four year old son is happily intact :biggrin1:.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
A mate who lives in LA told me that more and more americans over the last 10-20 years are not being routinely cut at birth....

Is this true?
Genital cutting rate is generally much lower on the West Coast. Most 10-20 year old West Coast Americans have not discovered LPSG yet or are not allowed yet.

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well here in New Zealand most males under 30 are uncut. It stopped being a free procedure offered to mums back in the early 90's. But a few still paid to have it done (like my mother). I am 27 and all of my friends who range from 50 down to 18 years old are uncut there is only me and one other friend in our circle of friends who are cut.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Sorry to hear that Scottbud. In my generation in the U.S. I really didn't have a ghost of a chance. It must be harder when you are the odd man out. I know there's bigger things to worry about, but there's almost nothing sadder to me than a beautiful man with a lumpy nothing where a soft skin would be.

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was cut at birth (East Coast) but, as of 2000, circ rates have declined. Which is a blessing. Male Genital Mutilation should be outlawed.

I think people think thats too big a deal, and calling it mutilation actually annoys me personally.

If someone wants to cut or uncut their children, that's up to them. it shouldn't be outlawed, also considering there are religions that say a man must be cut.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
also considering there are religions that say a man must be cut.

Which historical evidence shows that it was started by the Egyptians as a "Sacrifice of Pleasure" to their Sun God; They believed that it would make it more difficult for men to have sex (since they didn't have lube back then), so he would spend more time doing nice things in the community rather than raping and jerking off all day. Therefore, I don't think religion is a good reason to have it done.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think people think thats too big a deal, and calling it mutilation actually annoys me personally.

If someone wants to cut or uncut their children, that's up to them. it shouldn't be outlawed, also considering there are religions that say a man must be cut.
some people argue that their religion says they can/should kill.
freedom of worship should not mean freedom to inflict the results of your belief upon others.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Calling a circumsised penis 'mutilated' is equivalent to calling a minority by their races deragatory name(s). Part of the reason I appear in these threads so often.

I assume you extremists would kick your partner out of bed and break up with them, should you find out they were cut (making it seem as if he lost the entire glans of his cock and looked like a freak or had some horrifying birth deffect). My assumption may be wrong, but this is exactly how you display yourselves here.

To stay on topic, the penises I see in the locker room are about 50/50 when it comes to being cut/uncut. I never really take time to care about which is which, so my numbers aren't anywhere near accurate.