Are most americans born today left uncut?

toadstool

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i love my big head and am glad to be cut but i work in a hospital and i think the majority are cut in the north country

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My point was outlawing it would be fascist. You can't argue that being cut or uncut takes away pleasure, because you only experienced what you are. And when older men get cut, there is something there missing they had their whole lives, of course it's gonna feel like there is less.

Circumcision Doesn't Reduce Sexual Satisfaction And Performance, Says Study Of 4,500 Men

By definition, mutilation could include cutting hair, nails, or shaving. But using it as you are is just putting your own bias into it.

I, and many men, are happy being circumsized. I wouldn't care if I wasn't though. Do you not find it rude, arrogant, and stupid to demand that if I had a son, it's not my choice to circumsize him? Every study shows nothing happens either way, why do you want to take that right away from parents? It's harmless, and should not be an issue.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Re: the 60% circumcision rate statistic.
This is a general comment rather than a reply.

I figure 60% is from the often quoted National Hospital Discharge Survey. It's really an estimate; the actual number isn't really known. It may be incomplete but it is essentially the best tracking of infant circumcision that we have at this time. It's most useful for deriving multi-year trends; year-to-year fluctuations should be viewed carefully. It shouldn't be extrapolated to the adult population.
This number may not be wholly representative. More and more mothers are discharged early from hospital and they get the circumcision done separately during a seubsequent visit to hospital or to a doctor's clinic, so those circumcision don't show up in the "birth" records use by those statistics.
Some of the pro-cutters make that assertion but I don't buy into it. It's generally well-known that if a baby leaves the hospital intact it's rather unlikely he'll be cut later. Moreover there is an increasing number of babies being born outside of the medical establishment using midwives/doulas. Safe assumption: a lower percentage of those are being cut. All of those births are completely missed by NHDS.

So, SirConcis, you're correct that the number "may not be wholly representative". The true R.I.C. rate might be much lower! :smile:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you not find it rude, arrogant, and stupid to demand that if I had a son, it's not my choice to circumsize him?
i think that's the point.
shouldn't it be his choice?

if a man chooses it for himself then i'm all for it.
not to my tastes but body modification isn't something i object to, in consenting adults.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Do you not find it rude, arrogant, and stupid to demand that if I had a son, it's not my choice to circumsize him?

No, I find it rude, arrogant and stupid that any parent should think that they have any right to make any decisions regarding their offspring that may permanently affect them, that are not done in an emergency and on the recommendation of a medical professional. Then again - rudeness, arrogance and stupidity are three qualities that Americans are renowned for, the world over.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Except for around here, I have yet to find a circumcised man who is in everloving hatred of his ma and pa for having him circumcised.
It won't be common in the future. Good ol' ma and pa can't claim they didn't know different in an internet age. There'll be some mad kids, trust me. There already are.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I don't know what worries me the most: that you want to abuse your own child or that you can't even spell the procedure that you're going to inflict.

I bet you're not the only one either.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
One day, many many years ago, I attended a bris for the first son born to my ex lover (we'd been a couple for 4 years and then one day, well . . . he's still happily married and we're still close friends).

Personally, I'm perfectly content to live in a state of karet. Ain't nobody gonna whack off my foreskin. Yanking out my tonsils at 4 years-old was bad enough.

Regardless, I'll never attend another bris again (brit milah, if you want to get technical).

Then there's those orthodox mohels who aren't happy enough with just snipping the end of your meat but continue with metzitzah, which, in my humble opinion is just plain nasty. Ewww fer ick!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
just because he has it and likes it, doesn't mean another man will feel the same.
20 and cut...also very happy with it
i love my big head and am glad to be cut but i work in a hospital and i think the majority are cut in the north country
This is cut men expressing solidarity with other cut men. If it's already a done deal, I suppose you may as well get over it. But otherwise why would you want part of your dick cut off?
Sure life has pain, but should your first sexual experience be someone cutting off part of your perfect newborn body?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
have no desire to go and make a fake skin from around my belly and shaft by pulling and tugging to create some absurd looking thing which isn't even legitimate as a foreskin. Keep in mind folks, those fake skins that the foreskin growners tell of, are not real foreskin. They do not have the sensations which the genuine article has. They are simply cells stretched and pulled from elsewhere. They may give a sensation along the shaft of having a foreskin; but that is the entire extent of it. Slap a round of pork rind on and you can get the same feel.
Hmm. How do you know all this stuff?

foreskin restore

I know it ain't the same as natural, but looks fairly normal to me. Insofar as you can put things back as nature intended the body will try to restore natural function. It's called rehabilitation Mr. Unpleasant Know-It-All.

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't know what worries me the most: that you want to abuse your own child or that you can't even spell the procedure that you're going to inflict.

I bet you're not the only one either.

abuse? seriously? I like the choice of words. I would've been mad at my parents if I wasn't circumcised because my religion says I should be, and I would've rather started out cut, then having to be cut later on.

but no, it's "abuse" and "mutilation". The only people who are annoyed that they were uncut were just that, annoyed. abused and mutilated? I think that's just being over-dramatic.

the word has been all of this thread, and all over this forum. A small brain fart isn't enough to prove your arguments.

but i guess insults work just as well. I must admit I started it, but at least I had an argument behind my statements.

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
THIS is a recorent theme here in lpsg.org
apparentely it's TRUE. due to medical fashions, uncut become the latest thing during the 80's... but I think NOW it's back the short sleave, and no more turtle necks... :(

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
abuse? seriously? I like the choice of words. I would've been mad at my parents if I wasn't circumcised because my religion says I should be, and I would've rather started out cut, then having to be cut later on.

but no, it's "abuse" and "mutilation". The only people who are annoyed that they were uncut were just that, annoyed. abused and mutilated? I think that's just being over-dramatic.

the word has been all of this thread, and all over this forum. A small brain fart isn't enough to prove your arguments.

but i guess insults work just as well. I must admit I started it, but at least I had an argument behind my statements.
definitions are open to debate.
i consider getting babies' ears pierced to be wrong...body modification done without consent is mutilation in my opinion.

abuse? well i think that the parents honestly believe they're doing the right thing by their sons...if i was going to throw accusations of abuse, it would be towards the medical profession.

here in europe boys are left intact and problems are incredibly rare.
slb shares the shock and horror felt by most euros at the american snip culture.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
thank you, now anything you say can be rightfully ignored by anyone on this forum.
He can be proved right on two of the three items -- rudeness and arrogance of Americans -- and as for stupidity I kind of suspect that one might be true and therefore I rather not see anyone try to prove that one. :biggrin:

Therefore, since you're mostly wrong, you can be rightfully ignored!

jamesf88

Just Browsing
Media
In the UK, ive never met someone who isnt Jewish who I know is cut, it just doesnt happen. Personally glad about this, I have no problem with people doing it to themselves, but please not to your kids, give them the chance.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the UK, ive never met someone who isnt Jewish who I know is cut, it just doesnt happen. Personally glad about this, I have no problem with people doing it to themselves, but please not to your kids, give them the chance.
^^^see? brits are just shocked by it...the same way americans are shocked by female genital mutilation.
it just seems insane to us that you'd be slicing up baby's bits.

it's a cultural thing.

B_FrenuLes

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There were 9 other boys in the hospital when my nephew was born and they all got circumcised before going home. This was in Michigan.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
For the midwest, that's believable. Despite the circ-rate declining in other parts of USA, it has remained rather static in the midwest.