Are most women sexually repressed?

Misunderstood Lad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my experience (which is admittedly not great) most American women are somewhat sexually repressed. What do you all think?

First off, I am not asking about the people who post here so much as about your friends, family, etc. I take it as a given that as a group, the women of LPSG are more sexually open than the general population. :smile:

But so many women seem so self-conscious about their looks, what they are willing to do in bed etc. Am I off base here?

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Yes we are.

I love that i can come here and discuss anything whereas in reality with friends there is quite alot i wouldnt talk to them about, ive tried but they are to embarressed or shy to contribute and admit.

To many judgements are made, even amongst ourselves (women)

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lee_M said:
Yes we are.

I love that i can come here and discuss anything whereas in reality with friends there is quite alot i wouldnt talk to them about, ive tried but they are to embarressed or shy to contribute and admit.

To many judgements are made, even amongst ourselves (women)

Here here. The religious nutbags in this country throw off the "sexual repression curve." Personally I don't consider myself sexually repressed and I have a few girlfriends who I can say the same about. But that's one of the reasons I love L.A. People around here are so much more open about that stuff.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't be sure whether it's most women in fact, but my impression is that it is indeed most women who are repressed when it comes to talking about sex, or even to think about their sexual desires. However, I think this is an impression that mostly comes from our point of view, LPSG is a sexual community, and maybe we are more open-minded than most other people.

I do have a wild reputation because I am not married, and have eventually told the one or other thing from my sex life to other women. The reaction I got, despite all the joking and laughing about sex, was the slightly disgusted frowning. However, I'm also the subject of exactly those women's curiosity: Every now and then, one of them tries to prey some information from me.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Misunderstood Lad said:
In my experience (which is admittedly not great) most American women are somewhat sexually repressed. What do you all think?

First off, I am not asking about the people who post here so much as about your friends, family, etc. I take it as a given that as a group, the women of LPSG are more sexually open than the general population. :smile:

But so many women seem so self-conscious about their looks, what they are willing to do in bed etc. Am I off base here?

In my experience (which was at one time significant) yes you are off base. Being concerned with one's appearance to me has no correlation to sexual repression so I don't know what you mean. I'm incessantly concerned with how I look but I fuck like a jack rabbit.

It's men, in my opinion, who are sexually repressed (dare I say particularly many straight ones). However, there are several lovely exceptions to that statement on this board.:biggrin1:

By 'repressed' I mean it in their ability to explore and be at home with who they are innately sexually. I've had my share of "straight guy" encounters. And I've been amazed more times than I can tell you that they seem to be so unfamiliar with their own bodies and what "gets them off" (to put it bluntly).

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, if repression means inhibition and shyness yes i'm still shy in some situations...and partner behaviour can help imenselly about it...if he is confortable i do feel more confortable because i kind of sense the vibes of him.

For this motive i do like to know a person before share my body for sure.

I'm very friendly, outgoing, talkative but some may confuse it with total sexual openess... I do feel sensual love my female body and etc but i do have my reservations and insecurities for sure.

Another thing too is that things i'm talking in the board so openly i share it because i'm anonimous, than it helps me a lot expressing without a face !

I've been learning many things here too.

pichulon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I have 4 sisters, and, having grown up with them gave me a different perspective about women.
On the issue of being repressed , some are repressed, but, that is not the rule.

Like the stereotype of men ,a guy is to be extroverted , sexually speaking.
Many guys are shy, some painfully shy ,and have hung ups.
About girls, most are cautious, because society has taught them that being open and sexually confident amounts to being shallow in the least , or even slutty .
Women have to be more carefull about expresing themselves, think about it, if your 15 year old son says..."I got to kiss 2 girls this weekend"..Mom and Dad would feel proud, or, something close, he is becomimng a man !
if it was your 15 year old daughter saying so...."alarm"

Given the security of a good friendship, or a relationship, women are as open minded as guys , many times leading the sex life of the couple , or participating openly in sexually explicit conversations w close friends.