Are Naturists/Nudists ANTI-SPEEDO... like the rest of society?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
at the event I went to this past weekend the topic of swimwear came up and I found it intersting that many male naturists have no problems going naked, but when the issue of whether they would or would not wear a speedo at a non clothing optional location they were like NO NO NO NEVER, which surprised me since I would have thought they would want to be as naked as legally possible..

so here's my question:
Are Naturists/Nudists ANTI-SPEEDO... like the rest of society?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
well as someone who enjoys nudity, I would rather wear something loose and comfortable..

a speedo to me is none of the above
b) uncomfortable
c) only 'great bodies' can wear them
d) some things fit, others fall out
e) not sure why the big fuss?
f) bigger shorts have pockets :)
g) I just don't get the big 'speedo' thing I have heard about for years...

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really think it's simply a matter of personal choice as it is for non-nudists. I would always rather not wear anything but I like speedos as well as I like board shorts.

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's personal choice. Most men who've ever swum nude like me don't wish to wear any swimming costume at all again and wish that were possible. I only have a speedo for when I'm in France and swimming pools insist on them not swim shorts.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, like nldn said, I'd rather just never wear a swimsuit. I don't have anything against speedos in particular. Not on anyone else, anyway. Personally, I find them uncomfortable and that's why I don't have one. But that's also why I prefer swimming nude - all bathing suits are uncomfortable (compared to nudity) and that's why I prefer swimming without them.

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I would say that nudists go around nude not for being nude "oh look at me, I got like nothing on!" it's more about maybe feeling restricted by clothing and it being uncomfortable for them. So yeah I'm no nudist, but I wouldn't want a speedo........ I might try one out one day and maybe buy one just not to have trouble if I land at one of those nasty places were speedos are a MUST... I prefer boxers or swim shorts.

inwait8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a fellow nudist I echo what others are saying that if given the option I would be nude. If nude wasn't an option I would go with a square cut brief as I have tried speedo (styles) and there just wasn't enough room in several areas, but I wouldn't say I am anti-speedo. I WOULD say I am anti-board short that look like man-capris because they are so long.

Hanger2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am a longtime nudist and will always go nude whenever I can. If I have to wear a swimsuit I would rather wear a speedo because I hate the feeling of wet shorts when I come out of the water. For surfing I wear boardshorts with nothing under them and no mesh lining.

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not a nudist, but as a point of fashion I see speedos as a piece of sports equipment.

If you're headed to the beach or pool with the intent to swim athletically (personal training, competition, and so on), a speedo is the right bathing suit.

If you're just there to casually hang out then it would be like wearing a football helmet and shoulderpads to a tailgate party :tongue:

D

deleted136887

Not a nudist, but as a point of fashion I see speedos as a piece of sports equipment.

If you're headed to the beach or pool with the intent to swim athletically (personal training, competition, and so on), a speedo is the right bathing suit.

If you're just there to casually hang out then it would be like wearing a football helmet and shoulderpads to a tailgate party :tongue:
Finally some sense.
slightly off topic, same vien:
It is like a guy going to the local 7-11 on his moped dressed in full racing leathers. Time and a place for everything.

flnkdguy2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a nudist and definitely wear a speedo anywhere I can't be nude like the waterpark or beach. I'll wear one with enough room in front to be comfortable. They dry fast and are sleek in the water, which is what I want when doing active things. The big baggy shorts are like a giant wet diaper: they slow you down and take forever to dry.

BillEClub

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm a nudist "sun worshipper" and wear a skimpy string bikini (Skinz) at the beach. I like bodysculpting/lifting weights though and have nice abs/low body fat or I wouldn't wear them. I can't stand the big "boardpants" that look stupid and take two hours to dry, even in the sun. My less than a speedo-style suit is almost dry by the time I get back to my lounger. Of course people aren't used to such a skimpy suit and stare, though the women seem to like it and I get a lot of smiles. The men just think I'm gay or wish they had the balls(and bod) to wear them. I like to fight the double standard/fear of the male form as a sexual attraction prevalent in the US. If rail thin Harley skanks and fat cellulite mommas can wear strings to the beach then so should men wear what they want without getting bs and ridicule. I do wear short snug shorts as a cover up to and from the beach along with a string tank also.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Naturists/nudists here would say it has nothing to do with how one looks naked. It's the freedom of not wearing anything. For those who've experienced it and love it, having to wear something is abhorrent.

However, as those above, if I had to, I'd wear something as close to second skin as possible... speedos. If I wore anything more, it'd only be because of a setting demanding more "conventional" garments.

You can't imagine how nearly unbearable the feel of cold, clingy, weighty, wet cloth against one's skin, when one is used to nothing at all.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm partial to "silk" running shorts when families are around. They are made out of hydrophobic fibers like nylon and polyester. They feel like you have almost nothing on, and dry quickly when you take them off and put them in the sun.