Are our toys safe?

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well you like hard toys. Whoop de fucking doo. That doesn't mean you should come in here spouting false information like it's fact. I can't use hard toys. Can't. You claim the only safe way to get any softness if from a live man, and that's a lie! Should be counter-intuitive, since it is most certainly counter-productive! Here someone has been kind enough to start a thread shedding light, disseminating important factual information, and you stumble in talking out of your numb prostate like you know something helpful. Check your facts before you hit reply. That's all I'm saying.

Check out the first two entries.
Vibrator
Dildo

Wow,relax sex and talking about it should be fun.:smile:

cece

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...I've had so many friends bear children who have autism, that it's one of the things that I'm very paranoid about.

Yes, the number of autistic children I've encountered is frightening and it's got me very concerned as well. There are so many theories being thrown around as to what causes autism. It is interesting to note that the cases of autism have grown in tandem with the increased intake of folic acid by women over the decades. Although high dosages of folic acid prescribed to pregnant women have brought down the number of neural tube defects such as spina bifida in babies, neurodevelopmental disorders like autism have increased. Since folic acid affects the biochemical pathways during brain development, excessive folic acid could basically, in lay-man terms, cause the brain to short-circuit. A doctor I know who specializes in treating autistic children suspects that this is a very possible cause for autism--according to his research, he noticed a significant trend started when many autistic children were beginning to be born to doctors. Back in the day when folic acid supplementation was still a new concept and not easily available to the public, it was the doctors who first prescribed it to their wives. And oddly, the prevalence of autistic children was relatively high among them. Maybe it's the dosage that we have to balance carefully. I know that over-presription of folic acid to women is very common nowadays. The RDA is 400mcg for non-pregnant women, but I've been prescribed 5000mcg (5mg) by doctors. Add that to the multivitamins that contain folic acid, and all the flour products (bread, cakes, cookies) that contain the government-enforced fortification of folic acid, plus all the natural folic acid we may be consuming from our vegies, it's crazy to think how much of it we could be ingesting! Anyway, I though I'd share this interesting tidbit...

The water bottle chemical is Bisphenol A or BPA, and it also mimics hormones and is bad for you, but it can be avoided more easily since you can just choose to use glass or ceramic to drink out of and microwave your food.
BPA which mimics estrogen is notoriously found in canned food as well. It is used in the lining of cans because it prevents rusting and extends the shelf-life of food. Think tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, soups, fruit, meat, sardines, tuna, vegetables... It is frightening how much BPA we are unknowingly consuming in our everyday lives. Governments need to start looking into banning the use of BPA in the canning industry!

pyrex is best but crazy expensive and its just a matter of time till one of those breaks and kills some one
Wow! I did not know they make glass dildos out of pyrex! So you could effectively put the dildo in the dishwasher along with your pyrex casserole dishes?!! LOL! Or maybe pair up the dildo as a stirring device with your pyrex bowls? :biggrin1:

Here's bad-news Cece doing her thing again -- just be careful with pyrex dildos, if they are anything like pyrex dishes. I've read that Pyrex used to manufacture their products with borosilicate glass, but since selling their technology to another company, pyrex is now made with soda lime in China, which is much cheaper, and unfortunately, is susceptible to microcracks and shattering when exposed to a great difference in temperatures. Unless you plan on putting the pyrex dildo straight out from a freezer right into your warm vagina, I guess there really is nothing to worry about! But, you know, the strangest shit can happen. Just saying....

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A doctor I know who specializes in treating autistic children suspects that this is a very possible cause for autism--according to his research, he noticed a significant trend started when many autistic children were beginning to be born to doctors. Back in the day when folic acid supplementation was still a new concept and not easily available to the public, it was the doctors who first prescribed it to their wives. And oddly, the prevalence of autistic children was relatively high among them.

Autism seems to occur more often in the children of professionals in general, so what he observed may not have been due to folic acid supplements. It would be interesting to know if the rates amongst doctors were higher than amongst other professionals.

Wow! I did not know they make glass dildos out of pyrex! So you could effectively put the dildo in the dishwasher along with your pyrex casserole dishes?!! LOL! Or maybe pair up the dildo as a stirring device with your pyrex bowls? :biggrin1:

I have actually seen ones that said 'dishwasher safe' on them :eek:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow,relax sex and talking about it should be fun.:smile:
And now it's time for Ed69's totally predictable cop-out. You should be more responsible. Fun does not void responsibility. Keep your fingers off the keyboard when you don't know what you're talking about, and you and I won't have anymore problems.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And now it's time for Ed69's totally predictable cop-out. You should be more responsible. Fun does not void responsibility. Keep your fingers off the keyboard when you don't know what you're talking about, and you and I won't have anymore problems.

This is the internet and the problem is all yours.If you don't like what I have to say don't read it or put me on ignore.:rolleyes:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is the internet and the problem is all yours.If you don't like what I have to say don't read it or put me on ignore.:rolleyes:
There is probably no greater crime than willful stupidity, and the cheerful dissemination of misinformation.

You are consistently stupid, and I'm convinced now more than ever that this is deliberate. I will not put you on ignore. Every time you write something moronic, and I come across it, I'll just remind you precisely how moronic it is. That's all.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is probably no greater crime than willful stupidity, and the cheerful dissemination of misinformation.

You are consistently stupid, and I'm convinced now more than ever that this is deliberate. I will not put you on ignore. Every time you write something moronic, and I come across it, I'll just remind you precisely how moronic it is. That's all.[/QUOTE]

If you feel the need to feed your anger then have at it.I feel sorry for you that talking about sex brings up so much anger.We don't all have to fit your little mold.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cece, you are completely right about the BPA levels in canned foods. Consumer reports tested 18 samples from canned food and found varying levels of BPA in all of them! Because of the report, canned food has been on the "do not eat" list since at least July. However, cans have not been made out of tin in a very long time. They are now made out of aluminum, which does not rust. I do not know why manufacturers bother to line them in plastic. :confused22:

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I REALLY want to get my hubby a Fleshlight for Christmas. How can I tell if it's safe???? Sh-t! I have been thinking of a glass dildo for myself too. There is a guy in town who makes them and they are like little fairy wands of beautiful artwork. I have no idea if what he uses to make them is safe. I'll ask the salesgirl and see if she knows anything.

You can also buy 100% silicone toys AE. They are more expensive, but are hard to destory :)

100% silicone can straight up be sterilized too which is lovely..

Vibrator materials - what your sex toys are made of?

"Silicone toys - use a soap with warm water or a toy cleaner;
Jelly Rubber toys - a splash of warm water and some cleaning solution for sex toys;
Elastomer toys - water and soap (and that's it);
Cyberskin (or other lifelike materials) toys - toy cleaner and warm water;
Glass, Acrylic or Plastic toys - some anti-bacterial toy cleaner on a washcloth or basic rubbing alcohol" too