Are Pedophiles Born or Made?

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
LaFemme I read your post and my reply might interest you. My profile does not necessarily fit that of the main bulk of your post but I do have an input, even at my tender age of 20.

I missed out on a lot during my teen years. I wished I was socially accepted, but I was too shy; either to talk to the girls I liked or interact properly with my best friends.

I am not a pedophile nor do I want to be. I do however, Find myself fighting urges against girls around the age which I missed out on. I feel sorry for myself in this self, as I know I am urging for those years back while knowing it is wrong. I would never do anything, but I will always have to live with this. I had my teen years first stolen by shyness and then stolen by someone else who stole 3 years of my life (LaFemme you know of this girl).

In my opinion, pedophiles are made. They're made by a complex stream of psychological events which we should feel for them for, but then they commit crimes which are unforgiveable and inarguable. It is however, a hard position to be in.

Pedophiles should be understood from 2 perspectives. Their own, and that of the law. It is a fine line, and one that is difficult to fight from their personalities point of view. It is a shame.

8by8

Experimental Member
Media
Is pedophilia a choice? A sexuality that cannot be controlled but only suppressed?

Or is pedophilia a choice? Much like many people view homosexuality.
I think almost all pedos are made due to abuse, not born.

Based off what the Human Genome Project found in regards to DNA that doesn't code proteins......The only groups I am concerned that may be born with pedo tendencies, are primitive rural indigenous types who have short lifespans and must breed as young as possible for survival. The other group is far more sinister and worrisome. Due to the religious text's stance on adultery, and it's specific mention of sexual relations with girls and boys under the age of 8, and how those relations are not adultery, and are of little consequence morally or before God's eyes. This Talmudic stance is very troubling, and I fear has caused great long-term psychological damage and genetic-predisposition-damage to many desendants of Ashkenazim Talmidic Jewish people, both male and female. The Human Genome Project proved that behavior is not all nuture, but large portions of the tendencies for our brain to route bio-electric current through different brain regions has everything to do with the learned behavior of all that DNA that does not code proteins. One's ancestor's conduct matters greatly to one's own behavior and conduct.

Besides those two groups, I think all pedos are made by abuse, not born.

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
LaFemme I read your post and my reply might interest you. My profile does not necessarily fit that of the main bulk of your post but I do have an input, even at my tender age of 20.

I missed out on a lot during my teen years. I wished I was socially accepted, but I was too shy; either to talk to the girls I liked or interact properly with my best friends.

I am not a pedophile nor do I want to be. I do however, Find myself fighting urges against girls around the age which I missed out on. I feel sorry for myself in this self, as I know I am urging for those years back while knowing it is wrong. I would never do anything, but I will always have to live with this. I had my teen years first stolen by shyness and then stolen by someone else who stole 3 years of my life (LaFemme you know of this girl).

In my opinion, pedophiles are made. They're made by a complex stream of psychological events which we should feel for them for, but then they commit crimes which are unforgiveable and inarguable. It is however, a hard position to be in.

Pedophiles should be understood from 2 perspectives. Their own, and that of the law. It is a fine line, and one that is difficult to fight from their personalities point of view. It is a shame.

Brave of you to say. And it may always be a fight for you, but you always have to remember to make the right choices. The past never dictates your future. Never. Distorted thinking can be corrected. You can retrain thinking patterns. You only lost three years and while you cannot get them back, you have already made some very significant changes in your life. You are a long way from pedophilia and are still young enough to work on other issues.

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The problem is those 3 years were at a time when I was very impressionable and I was influenced by everything around me. I wish I had those years back. I will likely never take a girls virginity for example, it is hard to live with...

But like you said, I have control over the choices I make and I am strong enough to make the choices against pedohphilia. This is my point on this exact thread, although pedophiles are bred, not born, they also have a choice. It is whether or not they are strong enough to beat their own emotions.

I do think that people regard pedophiles in a wrong light however. Although it is wrong, I think pedophiles are very misunderstood. They have psychological problems, but they are not evil.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Is there a distinction between same sex paedophilia/abusers and opposite sex paedophilia/abusers?

NO! They should all be locked away for life with no hope of ever being let out. They are all disgusting creeps, even if it's a mental illness, they're disgusting no matter what they are male or female and whether they prey on the same sex or the opposite sex doesn't make it any better or worse.

The only reason that I wouldn't have them all dropped in tubs of acid is because they need to suffer for a longer time.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Is there a difference between sexual abuse and sexual molestation?

Also, are there different definitions for the ages where you find the attraction by an adult for a younger person? See: Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and/or Ephebophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If I'm attracted to a 19 year old, I might lose in the head but I'm not a pedophile. People out there however think that older gay men interested in younger guys are!

Yeah, and that's a huge societal problem which gets compounded by how these same people whoop and holler and applaud when a 70 year old man goes after the 18 year old female. A few years ago when Tony Randall was 75 he married a 25 year old. They applauded again when he became a father at 77 and again less than a year later. He was dead before either child was 10.
Society has decided that an old man going after a young woman (of legal age) is wonderful but a man forming a relationship with a young man (of legal age) is perversion.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
What I was actually asking was whether a paedophile has a general attraction to children or whether that attraction can be oriented to a particular sex. If the latter then it would seem to be a sexual condition, if the former then a psychological condition.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What I was actually asking was whether a paedophile has a general attraction to children or whether that attraction can be oriented to a particular sex. If the latter then it would seem to be a sexual condition, if the former then a psychological condition.

The interview goes as follows.."may I ask you, said pedophile, do you feel your issue is sexual or psychological?" Who the fuck cares....nor do I care about thier sorry ass lives.
Shove a furry duster up thier ass and send them on there way to hell.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Who knows where certain sexual attractions begin? I doubt all pedophiles fit any one answer. Its probably a mixture of nature and nurture; some people are naturally more prone to influences. Certain experiences may capture their imaginations and set them off down another path. I think being molested as a child could certainly do that.

I also think that society has built up a set of rules that don't always match natural tendencies. Going back thousands of years Im sure it was perfectly acceptable to be attracted to what we now consider to be under age and forbidden fruit. Nature prepares us for sex and procreation at a far younger age than are laws allow. So the urges and instincts are still there. We just pretend that theyre not and try to suppress them.

That said, every adult should be capable of self control. The laws are in place and if you choose to break them, regardless of your instincts, then you have to suffer the consequences. And there is no equal relationship between an older and a minor; the minor will often not be equipped to make the right choices and be vulnerable to manipulation. So they need protecting.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
The interview goes as follows.."may I ask you, said pedophile, do you feel your issue is sexual or psychological?" Who the fuck cares....nor do I care about thier sorry ass lives.
Shove a furry duster up thier ass and send them on there way to hell.

And this helps whom exactly? Apart from making you feel like a good upstanding citizen defending the innocent. Only, of course, you are defending precious few, just enjoying revenge.

Frankly it is far from wise to be happy to be ignorant of the causes of a problem. I would have thought that it would save a lot of future victims if the causes and situations were understood and addressed.