Are PETA people crazy?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just saw the HBO documentary and that British lady Ingrid is quite a loon.

The way they pour blood on the furs at a store front and stain the glass windows is terroristic.

They also do not denounce the Animal Liberation Front which used violence and arson to get things done.

I'm sure most PETA people are not, but some are so fanatic that they have gone insane.

This woman who leads it wants to have her skin made into wallets and have her "meat" barbecued.

I don't personally care if people wear fur or not, I choose not to.
I think animals are important in science for testing.
I think we have the right use animals for food and they should accept that.

I respect their love of animals, but I think they take it too far.

Their tactics remind me of the things that Scientologists do to intimidate people.

(and yes I did use the search feature and did not find any similar posts)

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
PETA is a terrorist organization and many of their views are completely bizarre and nonsensical. Their leadership is often hypocritical when they are not failing to make any sense at all. I am for the ethical treatment of animals but am definitely NOT for PETA. Those guys are just crazy.

I don't believe it is unethical to eat meat, use animal products, to test pharmaceutical products on animals, or to keep animals as pets.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, they are crazy.

Throwing red paint or blood on women wearing furs was very popular during the early 1980's in NYC.

We didn't claw our way to the top of the foodchain to eat vegetables! :cool::smile:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't wear fur and prefer to buy products not tested on animals, but I don't think there's anything wrong with eating meat, wearing leather (since it generally comes from animals that are also used for meat), or testing for pharmaceuticals when all other types of testing are done (keep the animal testing to a minimum, but sometimes it's necessary, unfortunately.)

I think PETA has some good ideas, but they just go too far. (like with being overly preachy that we should all be vegans, when I think it's ok as a choice to be vegan but just not to be preachy about it! :mad:, and with splashing red paint on people wearing fur - while I'm not a fan of fur, I also don't believe in defacing other people's property, and that's what they're doing.) Basically, they went from just being against cruelty to animals (which I'd totally agree with) to being extremists.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

northwestone

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I thought the PETA anti fur campaign was brilliant, and my mother gave up her mink after seeing the ads.

naomi campbell said she'd 'rather go naked than wear fur' as their poster girl, but then a few years later she is back mincing down the catwalk draped in all manner of exotic road-kill and that's a bit sad.

hats off to victoria beckham for insisting on having anything she likes from the catwalk shows remade with fake fur...

we're part of the food chain like every other beast on the planet, and eating meat is part of that chain whether we like it or not. but i do like animals and think they should have a bit of a life before we kill them and I'm totally opposed to killing for fun, the whole gig game and hunting shooting thing really upsets me.

I don't eat meat, but I probably wouldn't have become a vegetarian as a teenager if free range and organic meat had been available. but it's been so long that i don't miss it, especially since i discovered sucking cock.

nor do i believe that testing things on animals is in any way necessary for medical or cosmetic science now that we can grow human cells in a petri dish and get better, more accurate results,

but give animals the same legal rights as humans? it's a silly idea, and I think it's wrong to endanger human life in order to try to get any point across. and forcing the world to go vegan is never gonna work

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
PETA as it is today is full of crazy people. The anti-fur campaign worked and was something that brought attention to treating animals more humanely.

That being said, that these people use violence to allegedly protect animals is unethical. Logically we are higher on the food chain. We do need to do a better job of being stewards of the planet and its resources. However, we have the perogative to use animals as the top of the food chain. We do need to recognize that we need to protect the bottom of the food chain, otherwise we'll run out of options and we, ourselves, will become extinct.

Personally I eat meat, fish, whatever. For religious reasons I don't eat pork. I try to avoid seafood that is being depleted and over-fished. Also I try to look for kosher meats because the animals are treated better before they are butchered.

Also, I love my cat and I'm unwilling to "free" him since that would be his death. That's insanity. He's a housecat and doesn't know how to survive here in this city. And he'd come back to me anyway. He's attached to me as much as I am to him.

Pets are examples where we can help animals and animals can help us. My cat gives me love and company. I feed him, keep his litter box clean, keep water in his dish, brush him, play with him, bring him to the vet for checkups, pet him, and give him love too. We improve each others' quality of life. Those PETA nuts would like to destroy that relationship.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I thought the PETA anti fur campaign was brilliant, and my mother gave up her mink after seeing the ads.

naomi campbell said she'd 'rather go naked than wear fur' as their poster girl, but then a few years later she is back mincing down the catwalk draped in all manner of exotic road-kill and that's a bit sad.

hats off to victoria beckham for insisting on having anything she likes from the catwalk shows remade with fake fur...

we're part of the food chain like every other beast on the planet, and eating meat is part of that chain whether we like it or not. but i do like animals and think they should have a bit of a life before we kill them and I'm totally opposed to killing for fun, the whole gig game and hunting shooting thing really upsets me.

I don't eat meat, but I probably wouldn't have become a vegetarian as a teenager if free range and organic meat had been available. but it's been so long that i don't miss it, especially since i discovered sucking cock.

nor do i believe that testing things on animals is in any way necessary for medical or cosmetic science now that we can grow human cells in a petri dish and get better, more accurate results,

but give animals the same legal rights as humans? it's a silly idea, and I think it's wrong to endanger human life in order to try to get any point across. and forcing the world to go vegan is never gonna work
Thank you for speaking my mind. I believe in everything you just said.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They are against pets.

They've gone so full circle, that they hate animals and don't want any to exist.

Ingrid is insane. She thinks people should not have children, only adopt.

She also compares the Jewish Holocaust to farmed animals.