Are some people destined to be perpetually single?

Hmm, i just wish i could figure out what I'm insecure about... one thing I've been told before, is that I need to learn to be happy alone....Not alone as in a relationship wise, but in general, i can't stand being along.... I don't know if that counts....

I'm not looking for mr. perfect, cus I know no one is perfect, i mean if perfect on a 1-10 scale is 10 i've been asking out from a 3 and above....

Ya I'm already in college and I'm planning on hopefully *Crosses fingers* moving out come august...

I think the fact that you're 19 and asking if you're doomed to live alone the rest of your life might give you an idea of one of your insecurities. :wink:

Certainly being rejected by a series of people will also help to strengthen others such as health and appearance as well.

eh maybe..lol One just beings to wonder after being rejected/stood up 43 times in the past 5 month...ya no lol

I think this is a huge sign to take yourself off the market for a while and learn to just be cool with yourself alone. Forget going out with anyone who doesn't approach you first. Go out with absolutely no expectations and just have a good time, focus on spending time with your friends and by yourself even if it's just reading or watching TV or cybersurfing. Find a hobby and try it out. You're hoping to move out soon and work on that. Save finding a boyfriend or girlfriend until you're out and on your own and stable. That move out time will be rough for the first few months so it really is a good time to be on your own as you'll be working on getting a whole life routine going. Believe me, once your out your perspective on many things will change as you come to appreciate your freedom and the ability to call all your own shots.

I'm glad OC is posting here. He's a good guy worth listening to.

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think the fact that you're 19 and asking if you're doomed to live alone the rest of your life might give you an idea of one of your insecurities. :wink:

Certainly being rejected by a series of people will also help to strengthen others such as health and appearance as well.

I think this is a huge sign to take yourself off the market for a while and learn to just be cool with yourself alone. Forget going out with anyone who doesn't approach you first. Go out with absolutely no expectations and just have a good time, focus on spending time with your friends and by yourself even if it's just reading or watching TV or cybersurfing. Find a hobby and try it out. You're hoping to move out soon and work on that. Save finding a boyfriend or girlfriend until you're out and on your own and stable. That move out time will be rough for the first few months so it really is a good time to be on your own as you'll be working on getting a whole life routine going. Believe me, once your out your perspective on many things will change as you come to appreciate your freedom and the ability to call all your own shots.

I'm glad OC is posting here. He's a good guy worth listening to.

explain bold plz?

Ya, taking myself off the market might be a good idea...but once i move out, ill be a full time student and having to work full time to pay for my apartment and schooling...i wont have time for dating or relationship...and just for future reference, I'm looking for a relationship with a guy, I'm through with girl lol :rolleyes:

Ya OC is really awesome for taking the time to reply, to my nonsense often, but then again so are you. :wink:

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
explain bold plz?

Ya OC is really awesome for taking the time to reply, to my nonsense often, but then again so are you. :wink:

Thanks guys :) Much appreciated.

I'm a firm believer in being yourself online and off...so this is me. Pure and simple southern fella... and the pure part is highly in question. :)

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Learn to relax and have fun. Dont worry about it so much. You are only 19. I met my husband when I was 22.

I think the more you look, the less likely you will find it. Love will find you and when it does, you will know it.

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Thanks guys :) Much appreciated.

I'm a firm believer in being yourself online and off...so this is me. Pure and simple southern fella... and the pure part is highly in question. :)

Ya one can tell your being yourself online, it just how you talk like one would do in person, ya no ^_^

oh random fact, did anyone know that all the rugrats(the cartoon) were voiced by girl!? I find that cool :biggrin1:

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ya one can tell your being yourself online, it just how you talk like one would do in person, ya no ^_^

oh random fact, did anyone know that all the rugrats(the cartoon) were voiced by girl!? I find that cool :biggrin1:

:) heheh

well someone had to be responsible for that annoying ANGELLICA's voice!!

My nice is JUST like her... we call her Diva. :)

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
oh and i have several hobbies, im currently learning latin japanese and german, graphic design and drawing watching and read anime(manga)

Maybe you should think about studying abroad in Japan if you are learning Japanese and are interested in anime/manga. :smile:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'd LOVE to but i don't speak enough japanese yet or have enough cash... and I'm really glad you didn't have to ask wat anime/manga was!

Yeah, of course. I'm not an otaku by any means, but I've read some manga and watched some anime. Like Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Mugen no Junin and Akira.

I don't enjoy a lot of it, actually, but I think it's safe to say my girlfriend is a manga otaku. She's read everything. :tongue: She's surprised by how popular it is in the states.

Anyway, maybe you can save up and go there to study for a bit. I think it would be a very good experience for someone in your situation.

explain bold plz?

Ya, taking myself off the market might be a good idea...but once i move out, ill be a full time student and having to work full time to pay for my apartment and schooling...i wont have time for dating or relationship...and just for future reference, I'm looking for a relationship with a guy, I'm through with girl lol :rolleyes:

Well, you get rejected by a lot of people in a short time and it can really shake your confidence. You begin to wonder just what the hell is wrong with you and so you imagine all kinds of possible reasons for the rejections. You questioned your appearance because you went up to that stranger and asked what she thought of you. You've questioned your health because I've seen your other threads here. That one about your mom and your penis sore had you sounding pathetic and hopeless as I read it. You're insecure about penis too since you're feeling the need to do PE despite the fact you measure above average by every medical survey done.

Even working full time and being in school you should have time for a relationship. I've known many people who do both and they still manage to get involved one way or the other. The situation isn't so bleak as all that. In fact, doing school and working at the same time should get you on track right fast. There's no way you can't accomplish those things and look like a complete keeper to anyone with half a brain. You have common sense, compassion, a good sense of humor, care about your appearance, and you're outgoing. Take some comfort in those things because they will serve you well throughout life and make you very attractive to others. Stick with them and you'll do very well. Then all those people who said no will be kicking themselves for not recognizing a good guy when they see one.

And thanks. I try to help out when I can. :smile:

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well, you get rejected by a lot of people in a short time and it can really shake your confidence. You begin to wonder just what the hell is wrong with you and so you imagine all kinds of possible reasons for the rejections. You questioned your appearance because you went up to that stranger and asked what she thought of you. You've questioned your health because I've seen your other threads here. That one about your mom and your penis sore had you sounding pathetic and hopeless as I read it. You're insecure about penis too since you're feeling the need to do PE despite the fact you measure above average by every medical survey done.

Even working full time and being in school you should have time for a relationship. I've known many people who do both and they still manage to get involved one way or the other. The situation isn't so bleak as all that. In fact, doing school and working at the same time should get you on track right fast. There's no way you can't accomplish those things and look like a complete keeper to anyone with half a brain. You have common sense, compassion, a good sense of humor, care about your appearance, and you're outgoing. Take some comfort in those things because they will serve you well throughout life and make you very attractive to others. Stick with them and you'll do very well. Then all those people who said no will be kicking themselves for not recognizing a good guy when they see one.

And thanks. I try to help out when I can. :smile:

ok maybe i do question my appearance, but my mother is insufferable even my school teachers said so lol And as i always say " Normal is vastly over-rated" my friend! lol Its go above and beyond or go home! :wink:

hmm, i guess the second part could be true, but i've seen other wise...

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
lol did she learn how to be a Diva from her big uncle? hehe jk :laughing:

hahah well I will take some credit... girl is an actor..playing sports, obsessed with clothes and good in school...and I did teach her as one of her first words to throw up her hand and say "ugh...whatever". Needless to say, I'll never be forgiven for that. hahahhaha

At my nieces wedding rehearsal dinner, she *my great niece* was just rambling on and making all kinds of noise when the pastor said..and now lets give thanks for the food. Her mom, shushed her and she glared at her mother..rolled her eys and tossed up her hand and in a loud voice said it...UGH WHATEVER.... Everyone there cracked up and her mom looked and me laughing and goes ...THATS YOUR FAULT MISTER! hahahah

*sniff* I was so proud! hahahah

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
XD LMAO!! sounds like my uncle did to me apparently when i was little he taught me to say "DONT HURT THE BABY!" everytime someone got mad at me ^_^ i don't remember doing that tho :p

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
heheh well when i was a baby, people were scared of me.. I was walking and talking in complete sentences at 7 or 8 months old. Mom said that people would just get so freaked out by me. They thought I was older but hadn't grown at all. :)