Are swiftboat charges 'unsubstantiated'

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_JQblonde, Apr 20, 2007.

1. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Democracy Project: Democracy Project

The Left created a new verb, “swiftboating,” to represent false political charges that are, again a term endlessly repeated in the media, “unsubstantiated” in reference to the case presented by the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth against John Kerry during the 2004 presidential campaign.
    The Swift Boat veterans presented much corroborated evidence and witness reports, and other researchers confirmed many elements. Largely due to the unwillingness of John Kerry to come clean about his record, however, there are elements that have not been firmly tied down. The major media, then till now, have mostly failed to investigate the charges or press Kerry for his claims or records, and some major venues collaborated with Kerry to squelch the charges.
    So, that works to leave those still defending John Kerry’s record with leeway and ink to quibble or to besmirch the Swift Boat veterans. But, Kerry dares not to reveal his full records or go into court. Instead, he relies upon allies in the media to evade, obfuscate and to smear.

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

That is so 2004. :rolleyes:

3. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    Wow. I thought you were banned.

Not going to bother responding to this, only going to say that you really need to find an argument of your own to present. You've run out of things to copy and paste, to the point where you're talking about Kerry's war record like the Kerry/Bush election is only just coming up.

Find a nice little niche (perhaps a conservative blogging group) where you can say this kind of stuff without actually recieving intelligent rebuttals. It may make you think what you have to say is valid.

4. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer New Member

The Rubik's Cube was huge when this debate was raging.

5. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

What, you think there's some danger of him getting any of those here?

It would be a nice change, I suppose. But it won't happen.

6. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

I always find it amusing that left wingers spend about 3 or 4 times as much time telling everybody how 'intelligent' they are as they do posting something intelligent.
    <snicker>

7. Shelby

Gold Member

:lmao:

8. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I think I'm going to make a "best of" list of JQ's most idiotic thread subject headings and put them on a t-shirt. Comic genius. Anyone want to buy one?

9. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer New Member

Promise not to put an actual picture of JQ on, and I'll take a few.

10. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Instead of so much whining about it, then why don't they just petition The Congress to revoke Kerry's Silver Star?
    When I see complete, unredacted copies of both Kerry's SRB and Bush's SRB, I'll take you seriously on that. Until then, quit whining.

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

Let's ask albot:

Jana: Are swiftboat charges 'unsubstantiated'

albot: Can i reverse the charges.

Jana: The Left created a new verb, “swiftboating,” to represent false political charges that are, again a term endlessly repeated in the media, “unsubstantiated” in reference to the case presented by the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth against John Kerry during the 2004 presidential campaign.

albot: I would love to tell because her father and dick around with my dildo in front of the way humans defecate, palo alto-based internet company ascent technologies announced monday the successful development of personality disorders.

Jana: The Swift Boat veterans presented much corroborated evidence and witness reports, and other researchers confirmed many elements. Largely due to the unwillingness of John Kerry to come clean about his record, however, there are elements that have not been firmly tied down.

albot: I will not get a swift smack in the other.

Jana: The major media, then till now, have mostly failed to investigate the charges or press Kerry for his claims or records, and some major venues collaborated with Kerry to squelch the charges.

albot: Now for the claims.

Jana: So, that works to leave those still defending John Kerry’s record with leeway and ink to quibble or to besmirch the Swift Boat veterans.

albot: Weakly offer. The guard's expression quickly changed into an obscurely lit chamber containing a tampon reputed to be fair it was only born out of africans being fucking retarded.

Jana: But, Kerry dares not to reveal his full records or go into court. Instead, he relies upon allies in the media to evade, obfuscate and to smear.

albot:Isn't he like it to court.

Jana: So I ask you, ARE Swiftboat charges unsubstantiated?

albot: Quebecois who want to use a microwave to cook foul-smelling swarthy arab with his love for you i had to ask.

12. mindseye

Gold Member

It is a cornerstone of American government that the burden of proof rests with the prosecution, not with the defense.

13. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Yeah sure, in a court of law.

But this isn't a court of law.

When Bush declined to release his NG records, what did lefties say?

That the burden of proof rests with the prosecution?

NOTTTTTTTT.

Ask Dan Rather.

GUFFFAW!

14. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

I'm guessing they thought keeping the creep out of the White House was quite enough.

Mission Accomplished.:wink:

15. rubberwilli

rubberwilli Member

Albums:
    I agree with pecker...this is so 2004. Just another blatant attempt to stir up shit and troll the site, ignore list be damned.

Please don't feed the trolls. It only delays their extinction.

16. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Hey Quite Irate , is this waht you meant by intelligent rebuttals?
    :rolleyes:

SNICKER

17. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Hey Quite Irate, is this one of those intelligent rebuttals you were talking about??

:biggrin1:

[chortle]

18. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

BTW, for all you DUMB posters out there < not you leftwingers, you supersmartkoolkids know everything> , the point of the article is that the TERM swiftboating has become part of the CURRENT political lexicon. It implies unsubstantiated charges leveled against a political opponent.
    The articles examines whther or not the term has validity, i.e .where they really unsubstantiated accusations.

19. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

jq, just simply answer this question: why do you think it is so horrible for Kerry to refuse to make his SRB public, when Bush did EXACTLY the same thing?

Come on, give a real answer, not some catty-queen sound byte.

20. fluoro

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    JQ - you really should check your spelling when accusing others of being "dumb". I usually try to overlook these things, but the accusatory tone of your posts makes it impossible to resist.

Draft saved Draft deleted