Are there any gay republicans?

henry777

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw this on a blog and it basically summarizes my exact thought:

"Today is election day in the United States. Some people have already voted, thanks to early voting, but most will vote tomorrow.
Simply put, every LGBT person and his or her family and friends must vote for Hillary Clinton. She is the LGBT-friendly candidate, while Donald Trump is the LGBT-hostile candidate.
Barack Obama has been a good President for the LGBT community. A President Hillary Clinton would continue that tradition.
I fully realize Clinton has not always been 100 percent on the page with gay issues in the past. However, she is now, and that's what counts. Informed and enlightened candidates evolve, and she has done so.
In contrast, Trump adopts any position he thinks will help him win. He has flip-flopped more on important issues than any candidate in modern politics, and that includes with LGBT issues.
Trump's running mate Michael Pence has been openly hostile to the LGBT community. Trump has said he'll delegate issues like this to Pence if elected. He's also said he'll allow the ultra-conservative Heritage Foundation to pick his Supreme Court justice and federal judicial nominees. Such jurists would be openly hostile to LGBT people and LGBT rights.
A President Trump would be as bad as or worse than the two George Bushes and Ronald Reagan on LGBT issues. He respects and praises Vladimir Putin, a strident dictator who openly persecutes LGBT people.
Now some will say you could vote third party instead of either Trump or Clinton. To put it bluntly: that is a wasted vote if you live in a critical swing state. It is actually a vote for Trump, because it takes a vote away from Clinton. No intelligent adult thinks a third-party candidate could possibly win the presidency this year, so don't waste your vote on a "conscious" choice.
In closing, The Daily Beast featured an article recently (linked here) with the title "A Trump-Pence Presidency Would Be a Disaster for LGBT People," written by LGBT activist Jay Michaelson. It's a good quick read and lays out the reasons we must all do everything we can to prevent a President Trump from happening.
Please vote for our community. Vote for Hillary Clinton. She has our back, while her opponent stands ready to knife us in the back."

winesthel945

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sure, there are gay Republicans. And Jewish Nazis. Lots of people have the inability to understand when they're acting against their own best interests. It's always very sad.

winesthel945

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Look up the Log Cabin Republicans. The are the LGBT sect of the GOP.
The Log Cabin Republicans used to regularly endorse Jesse Helms, who would reply, "I don't want the support of faggots." Pretty much Exhibit A for choices made by self-hating people.

Sure, there are gay Republicans. And Jewish Nazis. Lots of people have the inability to understand when they're acting against their own best interests. It's always very sad.

I think many gay and bi Repups support the financial positions of that party. It's about their money. Rich people are a problem.

winesthel945

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think many gay and bi Repups support the financial positions of that party. It's about their money. Rich people are a problem.

Which explains why a rich person is now the next president?

Reactions: Frotninja21

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Which explains why a rich person is now the next president?
It would have been a Rich person which ever way the election went. The Clintons are fabulously wealthy also. Chelsea's wedding cost $3million. They also own 6 huge mansions in different sections of the country so they don't have to get a motel room. Hillary has not even driven a car in like 20 years. She has a chauffeured limousine. She can afford a $12,000 jacket. But she is "poor".

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It would have been a Rich person which ever way the election went. The Clintons are fabulously wealthy also. Chelsea's wedding cost $3million. They also own 6 huge mansions in different sections of the country so they don't have to get a motel room. Hillary has not even driven a car in like 20 years. She has a chauffeured limousine. She can afford a $12,000 jacket. But she is "poor".
and wanted to get richer - understandable

henry777

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't care how rich a candidate is, if their party doesn't believe that as a gay man I don't have equal rights as the next person then I'm not going to vote for that party.

CraigS41

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What about the party that is bringing in members of a culture that kills and mutilates us in the LGBT community, simply because it's against their beliefs???

I voted for what is BEST for OUR country as a whole, not for one cross section of it, and I am pleased with the results

Reactions: malakos and 622675

winesthel945

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What about the party that is bringing in members of a culture that kills and mutilates us in the LGBT community, simply because it's against their beliefs???

I voted for what is BEST for OUR country as a whole, not for one cross section of it, and I am pleased with the results

The flaw with your over-generalization is that you're saying refugees fleeing these horrible regimes are no different than the regimes they're fleeing. That's false, illogical, and absurd. And when you stop and think, *you* are part of a culture that has done a lot of fucked up things, often for less "noble" reasons than religion.

This culture has enslaved people, repeatedly screwed over, lied to and killed natives, at various points banned Irish and Italians and Jews and Chinese at various times, and yes even killed and mutilated LGBT people. Is that history your fault? Do you own that? Do you deserve to be blamed for that? Or did you and your parents and grandparents grow and evolve past that terrible history? Are you any better, or different, than your cultural heritage?

Finally, you want to do what's best for the country? Why not be a real American and do what American's have done (or at least aspired to do) for our entire history: welcome refugees fleeing for their lives. That's America. That's what we do. It's on the fucking Statue of Liberty, for fucksake. So try to stop buying the demagoguery spin based on hate and remember that America has always been greatest when people see how good and caring and inclusive we are.

Reactions: henry777

Titanomachina

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

I think by joining the enemy they are acting in their best interests and not yours. You forget that whole "if you can't beat them, join them."

It's a sensible choice to join the winning side.

I'm actually kind of happy Trump won. Kind of refreshing to see dashed hopes and the "progressive" party losing their cool once doubt sets in.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Were paying attention low education woman voters went to the polls and voted for him.
I think that's over simplistic, how about saying they voted against Hilary - and from what I could see low education is a slur of those who did claim to vote Trump

Reactions: malakos

erpap

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I think by joining the enemy they are acting in their best interests and not yours. You forget that whole "if you can't beat them, join them."

It's a sensible choice to join the winning side.

I'm actually kind of happy Trump won. Kind of refreshing to see dashed hopes and the "progressive" party losing their cool once doubt sets in.
How does it protect their interest? When things get into full swing and they take away marriage, adoption, and who know what else they will take away. How does that act in their best interest, it won't protect them from being gay bashed?

Titanomachina

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
How does it protect their interest? When things get into full swing and they take away marriage, adoption, and who know what else they will take away. How does that act in their best interest, it won't protect them from being gay bashed?

As long as they blend with the opposition it doesn't matter.

I would say it's like me. Gay rights never affected me so I can just seamlessly blend in wherever.

Reactions: baddestgirlie5

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As long as they blend with the opposition it doesn't matter.

I would say it's like me. Gay rights never affected me so I can just seamlessly blend in wherever.
I'm curious, what do you expect of your future? Do you think you will die alone? Will never have someone you care about?

Titanomachina

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm curious, what do you expect of your future? Do you think you will die alone? Will never have someone you care about?

I'll be happy and unchained. I mean I'm white and male, as people have so charitably stated about that the world is my oyster. Meanwhile people will be frustrated and blowing up over nothing.

To be honest I can't remember the last time I was so happy.

Reactions: baddestgirlie5