Are there any household chores you ENJOY doing?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's funny but I actually enjoy ironing. It's very calming for me. Other than that I can't say I have many faves around the house.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
hmm....well when I'm in the right mood.... I love to scrub the bath tub and the toilet. I get ocd from time to time, I just really get off cleaning the bathroom. I mean I get on my hands and knees with a toothbrush and clean. I'm weird.....I know, but I love a clean bathroom

psosandra

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I enjoy vacuuming. We only have one big rug in the living room, but we have 5 pets. I have a Dyson Animal vac, and just vacuuming that rug makes the whole room look so much better!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Funny you guys should mention cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming. There's something very satisfying about doing something that has a huge before and after effect.

I just got a great Miele vacuum and it is phenomenal in sucking up pet hair. Quelle différence.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Believe it or not, I generally prefer doing housecleaning to vegging in front of the TV or other sedentary pastimes (LPSG excepted).

earl's right: I like the "before and after" contrast.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like the "before and after" contrast.

I always wondered about people who have houses that always look exactly the same any time you come to visit - always immaculate sans a housekeeper or help.

I have one friend who is anal about most everything and she confided in me that her house being as neat and clean is a kind of psychological reaction to having a very unpredictable unstable childhood and that it was a control issue. She must know where all her belongings are at all times and they must be in order in their specified place. She's had trouble finding a mate as you can imagine...

crazy_one53402

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I enjoy all of it just kind of relaxing not to the point where a place for everything and everything in its place I like a house that is lived in NOT my house so clean you can eat off my floor anytime.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really enjoy doing laundry. I'm not crazy about ironing, so the things that REALLY need ironing go to the cleaners, but I'm soooooo good at laundry that hardly anything needs ironing.

I also really enjoy cooking and cleaning/organizing the kitchen.

I hate dusting. Hate hate hate.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
vacuuming makes such a big difference. In the winter, washing dishes warms me up.

I agree with punny, dusting is the worst.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love vaccuming - apart from rugs, when they get all sucked up and wrinkled. It's not a good look. I also don't mind ironing and cleaning but I despise dusting - I really hate it.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I love the before and after thing too... but not the bits inbetween.

I should get a housekeeper - paying him/her could be a pleasurable household chore :smile:

Actually, once I get into tidying of any kind, even dusting, I can enjoy it - espeicially if I do it with loud music and lots of singing. Ditto tasks like decorating.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The housekeeper is an older lady.. so no pleasure there. She likes to rearrange the furniture and my closets. Every Thursday after work I put the furniture back where it belongs. But I can never find my socks! :smile:

I do enjoy (or rather used to) washing the windows with my SO. She'd take the inside and I'd do the manly ladder thing outside. We would fight about streaks and missed spots.

Back then, every Saturday morning was a cleaning party with the kids involved and any stray adults kicking around. We often had houseguests and they'd be given a mop as well. And yeah absolutely LOUD music was required!

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never thought of putting enjoy and household chore in the same sentence before. :tongue: :confused:

I'm fairly anal about the kitchen and the bathroom; but that's cause I'm a germaphobe. I hate that I have to clean the way I do. :redface: If I had the money I would hire someone to do it.