Are there any household chores you ENJOY doing?

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's funny but I actually enjoy ironing. It's very calming for me. Other than that I can't say I have many faves around the house.

no, because most tasks are uncomfortable for me (doing dishes I get horrid lower back pain) and any tasks that require bending and a lot of hand eye coordination cause me to get violent attacks of vertigo.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I love the before and after thing too... but not the bits inbetween.

I should get a housekeeper - paying him/her could be a pleasurable household chore :smile:

Actually, once I get into tidying of any kind, even dusting, I can enjoy it - espeicially if I do it with loud music and lots of singing. Ditto tasks like decorating.

Spot on MB, really loud music with a good beat to it and i do all through the house and then i look around and admire my work, have a coffee and a Bun and then moan to everyone that will listen on how hard i worked today :wink:

I love ironing too. Nothing like a freshly ironed shirt. Fabrics feel and look so much better after ironing. Maybe it's because I don't have to do it often, but when I went iron shopping I got the best model I could find with pulse spray, hard-water cleaning, digital controls, swivel cord, and all kinds of other stuff. Ironing is great for me because I like being able to focus on a task that requires exacting, patient work where I can see the results right away. As a teen I worked for my aunt as a groundskeeper on her estate and my favorite job was cleaning the pool. To clean the pool well you have to do it with slow, zen-like movements so as not to stir-up more debris than you vacuum or scrub. Her pool is enormous and it took the better part of three hours though I loved it. She never stopped saying I was the best pool cleaner she ever had.

I kind of like vacuuming too. I just don't like having to do it so frequently. Dogs + Hardwood floors = vacuuming every other day. I'm thinking of getting a Roomba once I start making money again so I'd only have to vacuum seriously once a week or so as I used to.

Everything else, including washing dishes, I dislike immensely. Cleaning bathrooms is the worst. All those chemicals, all that scrubbing, all the nooks and crannies, blech!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Hazel the Maid here.
I don't suppose I'm crazy about household chores, but once I get worked up enough to do it, I like to put some laundry in the washer ... that's 30 minutes ... and then work really intensely at washing dishes, sweeping and mopping floors, and taking the scrub brush to the bathroom fixtures.
Then, when things are put in the dryer, I have another 45 minutes to dust, put things away, arrange papers, put correspondence in order.
By the time I've taken things out of the dryer, folded them, and put them away, my life is organized again.
The 'before and after' views are remarkably different.
No matter what else has happened on that day, I have a sense of accomplishment. (Hmmm. This embarrasses me a bit to say.)
I do a wash every two weeks, but naturally do some spot cleaning and dish washing in the interim periods.

Last edited:

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I really enjoy doing the laundry. The smell of the fresh clean clothes coming out of the washer and then the warm, comforting rumble of the dryer. I've occasionally plopped down with my back against the dryer and read a book or magazine, particularly in the cold weather. I've dozed off a few times like that. I guess that's a bit weird.
I also enjoy polishing the wood on furniture.