Are there more big dicks out there than everyone thinks?

dovdah

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hi everyone, I'll start by introducing myself as this is my first post. I'm a 22 year old guy from London, England and I first registered on this site quite a while ago, visiting it on and off ever since. All the girls I have been with have always said I was massive and the biggest they'd ever had, so I thought I was huge till I saw some of the people on here! My size varies greatly depending on my level of arousal so I'll give you my normal range- erect 7.5-8" x 5.75", flaccid 5.5" x ihavenoideawhat". From what I've read that makes me a shower and I will use this is my guide size in the rest of the post.

I wasn't quite sure where this post should go but this seemed like the best place. Recently I decided to attempt to be healthy again and have been swimming a few times since then, as that's always been my exercise of choice! Unlike what I've read from many other people here exercise seems to make me shrink to smaller than if I'd been rolling around naked in snow, so I normally have to stand under the warm water for a bit before I'm comfortable that I'm back to normal size and take my trunks off to shower. So, in my last couple of visits, I've been stood around enjoying the water and have seen a few guys come in to shower. My impression has been that either the average flaccid size is majorly underestimated, or that I go to a pool for hung people! Sure, at least half are smaller than me, but none have been small. And I have seen several that are definately bigger:

1. This italian looking guy had one 5.5-6" long, but flaccid he was almost as thick as me erect.
2. A guy who looked like he might be mixed race was about 6" long and 'proportionately' thick
3. A black guy who was about 7" long and again, 'proportionately' thick.

In contrast, something happened to make me think that maybe seeing a big dick is actually quite uncommon. After showering one day, I was walking back to my locker and there was this guy getting changed who just stared at my dick as I walked past. I ignored him and opened my locker, but the door was at the level where it would hide my face while leaving my dick in plain view for all to see. I got my towel out and when I shut the door the guy was blatently staring at my cock, and it was only when I wrapped the towel round my waist that he realised that I could now see him and looked away. Creepy.

The pool isn't the only place where I have seen bigger than average members. The other night in a club I headed into the mens and as I walked in there was a big black guy stood there, who turned to me, shook his dick and said 'I know it's big, but don't worry about it', put it away and walked out. Which was kind of weird. But, he wasn't lying. I didn't really get a good look (or particularly want one for that matter!) but it was at least 7" long and thick, again about as thick as mine is erect.

As I said earlier, the sizes I estimated were based on knowing how big mine is, before anyone jumps to claim there is no way I could have judged. I guess my question is what I have put in the thread title - are there more big dicks out there than everyone thinks or have I just been lucky?! There are certainly plenty on this site! Has anyone else had similar experiences of regularly seeing big guys? How, where and how big? And, despite all the threads I've read on the theory that black men are bigger being a just myth, the biggest I have seen have belonged to black guys, so could there be some truth in it after all?

Thanks and (in advance) it's nice to meet you all!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Welcome to LPSG, doydah. While you may be seeing a higher-than-average number of hung guys in the shower I think it's more coincidence than anything else. You might visit another swim club across town and not observe any big wangs at all.

Alex Chambers

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You might also be skewing the sample merely because you are noticing the bigger guys, whereas most might not notice a smaller penis. When you see a large penis, it starts people talking, but hardly anyone ever says, "didja notice how averagely endowed that guy was?" Sure, you might see an average-sized guy, but how often do you really take note of it as compared with a larger guy?

fkaKyuhaku

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well for one there are only about 50,000 people on lpsg world wide. Not a significant number by contrast.Only half of the people on this website are big imo, beacuse some are woemn, and some just lie, and some poeple think they are big but are just a little over average, which is hard for me to count. Ive never seen a bigger dick than mine in person, although i have seen them around online. Many of the guys at school that i know who consider themselves big, are nothing more than maybe an inch abouve average, beacuse they are not aware of extremes like the people here at lpsg.

IMHO i think big is 8 and up. And there are not alot of people out there bigger than that. Certainly there are more blacks bigger than 8 than whites and other races. I have found that many more of my black friends are bigger than the white ones, but none of them bigger than me. Go figure

Mr.Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It could be that the guys who have larger penises are more comfortable in being naked. Therefore you would see more larger penises than smaller ones. It could just be that there are a larger number of endowed men at your gym. I have been a member of a gym since I was 15 and over the years I have not seen that many big ones, and only a few the same size or bigger than mine (soft, only saw a few hard ones from pervs in the showers and they were still smaller than me). I live in a diverse area which includes white, latino, african-american, asian, and some middle eastern. In regards to penis size, I learned that the whole race thing is not accurate, and many men are really shy about their penises. They go to extreme lengths to hide themselves while changing. The men with larger penises seem to not be as shy, or so it seems. The only exceptions are old men who really don't care, and I found a lot of asians (from asia) are not shy being naked. I don't know if this helped, but these are my experiences.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, I have had somewhat similar experiences...before I was sexually active, and hadn;t really had much exposure to other guys in the nude, and especially erect, I thought I had a pretty decently sized one at 7"--I had heard the Kinsey and other numbers and all---but once I actually started having sex with other guys (I know---feel free to EWWW straight guys, then get back on topic:rolleyes:), I found that MOST of the guys I had been with were larger in at least one dimension than I was. Now, I realize this has been my UNIQUE experience, and I certainly wasn;t out LOOKING for big ones--just the luck of the draw, of guys who I liked, that liked me, that progessed to sex, in general, usually were larger than me. This of course trashed my self esteem, thinking "Hell, is EVERYBODY bigger than me?!?!"---but I mostly got over it.:biggrin1: Helping me get over the more subtle deep in my mind envy issues was this site---helping me to really, place the importance of size waaaay back on the back burner. Now, I can honestly totally enjoy a partner, without worrying if he is bigger or not, or if I measure up, but can just enjoy the experience.:smile: This, of course, assuming I ever have sex again....:tongue:

korndog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"Are there more big dicks out there than everyone thinks?"

Yes, and most of them are in Washington, D.C.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think that you've just been lucky with your limited sample, and that for the most part, men lie about their size, either on purpose or accidentally due to imporper measuring or simply guessing.

There have been scientifically sound studies into the average penis size, and they all point towards it being in the 5.5" region, and they for the most part list most men (IIRC usually more than 90%) as having under 7" penises.

I'd have to hunt for the data though, that's just from memory.

gm3800v6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is an interesting thread...simply becoz I have had the opposite "luck"..it seems like everyone i have seen is not big, but more like average or below..I guess the world varies tremendously in this. I have noticed that more of the jock type (unless very lean and trim) are generally smaller than the quiet type such as myself....I just like to knock their ego down a notch or two when they don't measure up to me...is there anything wrong with that?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Mr.Grande said:
It could be that the guys who have larger penises are more comfortable in being naked.
This is likely a definite factor.
SomeGuyOverThere said:
There have been scientifically sound studies into the average penis size, and they all point towards it being in the 5.5" region
True, but remember there are two sides to the bell curve. In my admittedly limited experience, there are quite a few guys up to eight inches. Anyone over that is definitely an outlier.