Are we all posted out ???

norseman: Perhaps its the way of all "special interest" boards such as the LPSG, but it seems that fewer and fewer posts, at least in the Meet and Greet section, are "on topic".

Obviously we've created a caring, supportive, cyber community here (and that's a GOOD thing), but when I see postings that are photo travelogues (not a penis to be seen) and obsessions/congratualtions about how many postings individual members have contributed and a whole bunch of other non-penis related personal agenda postings, I begin to wonder, are we all talked out, penis-wise?

Please don't take this as an attack on any individual or group.  It's just an observation/question.  Opinions ?  Thoughts ?

Norse

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Meet and Greet isn't supposed to be where penes talk over problems with one another.  It's meant for off-topic posts, much like the Etcetera section but with an emphasis on introduction and back-slapping greetings among friends.

Don't worry, norseman, every possible concern about the larger-than-average dong hasn't yet been presented and they will show up in the proper section.

Good to hear from you again.  It's been a while.

Pecker

(It's easy to identify people who can't count to ten.  They're in front of you in the supermarket express lane.)

ORCABOMBER: Sorry, just reminds me that postal workers are on Strike in London! :D

A community always tends to act like that, believe me, I've been to a few (that's an understatement). I like the fact it's community based. It helps when we do dish advice from our own expereinces, rather than being clean, sterile and clinical about the situation, we can emphasise, crack jokes, have rants and arguments, valid discussions and even bare souls without worrying about upsetting and hopefully without offending anyone.

norseman: Thanks for the welcome back, Pecker. I've been here right along, I just didn't have anything to contribute. (Pretty rare for me.)

What you've said about the makeup of Meet and Greet topics may indeed be the way it SHOULD be, and that certainly has become the way that it IS today. If you take a moment to click on older postings, back toward pages 40, 45 of the list. you'll see that it isn't the way it USED TO be. Our reason for being was our possession of and/or interest in oversized dicks, so that was naturally a conversation starter back then.

Orca's seems to think the shift is natural and a good thing. Maybe.

Norse

norseman: Hung, I didn't even catch your picture insert. Sorry.
No, as I said in my initial post, I wasn't attacking any individual or group, just noting a trend and wondering what it meant.

Norse

AnonyMs: I think it means a couple of things....

1. How many conversations can one have about the penis? Granted, that is the focus of this forum and so shall it ever remain. But as a couple of folks other than myself have mentioned, it is nice to get a more well rounded view of people.

2. I would not be surprised if the influx of women has something to do with the change as well. We seem to be adding women at the rate of 1 or 2 a week now. And the women do tend to contribute quite a bit once they get past their initial shyness.

H8Monga: ***BREAKING NEWS!***

I have a penis! Well I'll be...

7x6andchg: I, for one, like the way the board has gone...

If you want to chat or bring up a funny to the friends you've made online - you come in here or Etc.

Other issues with the penis are covered in every other of the remaining topics....

That way we realize that (a) there are problems and positives associated with a large penis and (b) that although that's what brought us all here, it isn't necessarily what keeps us all here.

7x6&C

gigantikok: Yea norseman. There's enough penis talk in practically every other section of this forum. Most people mistake Meet and Greet to be the "hotspot" for penis talk. Nah. The subject matter on Meet and Greet and Etc. Etc. is pretty much up for grabs. Use these sections as a breath of fresh air to be able to escape a lot of the penis talk. It's sections like this and Etc. Etc. that actually keep this site as fresh and as new as it seems to more seasoned posters and regular lurkers.

Inwood: I doubt anyone here is talked out.

However problems to be overcome generally come from new posters. That's when all the old "hands" jump in and help out. And, of course, there are personal problems that regulars want help with and that seems to be a part of this groups mission also.

But everything changes so, before you know it, it'll be back to the way you remember it.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
With all the controversy as of late, you know, I'll be really happy once we get past all those issues and start acting like a community again. I think I've visited LPSG more in the past few days than I have in the entire month. I suppose somewhere deep down I really get a kick out of all this moral and ethical talk, tempers flaring, civil disobedience, the vows taken by the other LPSG board to remain "safe" or what have you. Can't you see the humor? I know I do; of course, I deal with a lot of "stressors" by laughing and making light of them.

But, ho hum. Seriously, it's time for a turn-around. I know if I think of something worthwhile, I'll be back to post it.

norseman: I'm with you Dee, about 100 percent. I think a lot of the nosequiteur postings I was seeing were by people who left in a huff. Maybe after the smoke clears (pissing contests can be amusing...) we WILL get back on track.

Norse