Are we headed for a Recession or Depression?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
With the war in Iraq costing us Billions of tax dollars, where are we headed?

In New Jersey we are at a deficit, while most other states are at a surplus. We have the highest property taxes. Our Billionaire Governor wants to sell our toll roads, for a quick fix.

We are consistently in the top of wealthiest, highest income states, but we send much more money to D.C. in taxes than we get back.

Most Americans have out of control credit card debt, are living paycheck to paycheck, and live above their means.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you are discontent with how things are in Jersey then either do some thing there or move to a nother state You are surrounded with Delaware, Pennsylvania and New York so it would not be far to go since Jersey is so thin a state.

I think you mainly just want to whine about some thing else same as every day.
As to Corzine your speeding governor, you fools voted for him because you wanted any one other than a republican and so you got a Democrat who is wealthier than any other governor ever and still you are unhappy.

Maybe selling off your toll roads is the answer to your prayers if you got a better idea why don't you present it here or in a letter to Jon Corzine instead of crying about it all?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you are discontent with how things are in Jersey then either do some thing there or move to a nother state You are surrounded with Delaware, Pennsylvania and New York so it would not be far to go since Jersey is so thin a state.

I think you mainly just want to whine about some thing else same as every day.
As to Corzine your speeding governor, you fools voted for him because you wanted any one other than a republican and so you got a Democrat who is wealthier than any other governor ever and still you are unhappy.

Maybe selling off your toll roads is the answer to your prayers if you got a better idea why don't you present it here or in a letter to Jon Corzine instead of crying about it all?

Why not answer the question in the title thread instead of trying to bait people?

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
With the war in Iraq costing us Billions of tax dollars, where are we headed?

Despite the maniac's mad partisan ramblings, the war in Iraq although it's extremely expensive isn't the US' biggest problem. The biggest problem we face is the upcoming retirement of the baby boomers.

Many are at the upper end of the pay scale, those who replace them will not get the same wages. That means reduced tax income for the govt. Many will be drawing either Social Security or other pensions. Those who draw from other pensions, public or private, means that the money available for investment will drop.

The Medicare Trust Fund is due to "run out" of money in the mid teens. That means the govt debt will skyrocket as it has to borrow money to cover the fact that it uses the Trust Fund to cover current costs.

The war in Iraq also has boosted the number of vets seeking care and will be very expensive over their lifetimes.

Who knows exactly what will happen but it's not going to be pretty, that's for sure.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why not answer the question in the title thread instead of trying to bait people?
I was not trying to bait anyone you dimwitted fuckwad.

I asked about what you are doing to change the dissatisfaction you have with Governor Corzine and his plan on selling toll roads, you failed to answer that.

To answer the recession/depression question, realize we have already entered into both.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
then you claim that you weren't, but now you are.
Don't you have a barrel of battery acid to soak in?

Answer MY question fuckface. It is amazing how you want every one to answer your questions but you do nothing to answer the ones put forth to you.

Further, you combined Iraq, problems plaguing New Jersey, credit card debt all in one post each one should be a seperate issue.

Now answer my question on what YOU are doing to change the situation in New Jersey.

I don't expect you will answer because you are clearly too stupid and self centered and self involved to do so

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't you have a barrel of battery acid to soak in?

Answer MY question fuckface. It is amazing how you want every one to answer your questions but you do nothing to answer the ones put forth to you.

Further, you combined Iraq, problems plaguing New Jersey, credit card debt all in one post each one should be a seperate issue.

Now answer my question on what YOU are doing to change the situation in New Jersey.

I don't expect you will answer because you are clearly too stupid and self centered and self involved to do so

There is nothing that I can do to change NJ. There is not much that one person can do. I have much fondness for the state, but I see it's problems. I am planning on leaving NJ, to move to Florida, but that is because I am tired of the cold weather, and a few other reasons.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is nothing that I can do to change NJ. There is not much that one person can do. I have much fondness for the state, but I see it's problems. I am planning on leaving NJ, to move to Florida, but that is because I am tired of the cold weather, and a few other reasons.
Defeatist attitude

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good thread, mem. I'm in California, and our coffers are also in bad shape... despite all the movie stars and other rich riffraff living here.

Going by the real estate and foreclosure markets, I'm thinking that we are headed for a recession.

Perhaps we ought to pass a law requiring a death certificate to collect social security benefits??

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good thread, mem. I'm in California, and our coffers are also in bad shape... despite all the movie stars and other rich riffraff living here.

Going by the real estate and foreclosure markets, I'm thinking that we are headed for a recession.

Perhaps we ought to pass a law requiring a death certificate to collect social security benefits??

I would agree with you hotmilf, we are heading towards a recession like the Titanic to the iceberg, full steam ahead and blind to what's coming.

As to mem0101 and ManiacalMadMan, one thing I've learned is it is an American's right to always hate his government, chosen or not. :biggrin1:

I do agree that if you are truly unhappy with your goverment, but like where you live, be active. Don't sit on the sidelines. I worked on numerous campaigns, went door to door to get the word out, called people, etc. A goverment for the people and by the people should be hands on managed by the people. Voting is a small step as most voters tend to be sheep being lead to slaughter. Unless people want to do their homework, learn about the candidates and policies, and go educate the masses who "eeny-meeny-miney-mo" a vote out, we will always be unhappy with the government.

mattyacht

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hell yes were headed for a depression.
How many products do we buy that are made in USA?
We support China. Our government is selling our jobs overseas.
Oh yea unemployment is at it's lowest it's been in years.
Is it gainful employment. Can you buy a house or afford an apartment working at WalMart? Americans need to WAKE UP!!!!!