Are we overdue another terrorist attack?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ital8, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ital8

ital8 New Member

I just read online today about the London terror attack that was thwarted. This comes shortly after the thwarted terror attack at Fort Dixx, NJ and the JFK (I believe it was JFK) pipeline attack in the making. This makes me wonder how many close calls we are going to have until one slips past us?

2. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

This is just a guess, but I'm guessing that the attacks (implemented and successful), attempted attacks (implemented but thwarted), and planned (but not yet implemented) attacks will continue in western countries, as long as those western countries are trying to occupy and rule the middle-eastern countries. If we leave 'em alone, maybe just maybe, they'll leave us alone.

3. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    We make grandmothers take off their belts and shoes at airport security checkpoints but illegal aliens (and contagious tuberculosis patients) have no problem getting in across the borders.

So, yah, we're due until we really get more serious about security.

4. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

If the attacks have a rational basis, they will continue as long as they're successful.

By "successful" I don't necessarily mean that they have to rack up a mound of dead bodies. They are successful if they motivate the large numbers in the West who find some great virtue in surrender. For various reasons, morale - self-flagellation, doubt, angst - has always been the Achille's heel of Western civilization. It is, obviously, where we are being attacked. And after listening to, say, Harry Reid et al, we have to suspect that the attacks are succeeding.

If the attacks don't have a rational basis, they will continue as long as imams can convince young Muslim men that the shortcut to Paradise and their 72 houris is theirs if they just strap on explosive belts and kill some infidels. Considering that in a polygamous culture there's no other way that most of them will ever get any, and the obvious fact that no previous suicide bomber has ever returned to leak the news that there ain't no houris waiting after all, there's no reason to believe that the attacks will stop as long as Islamic Arab culture exists in its present form.

So, rational or irrational, there's no good reason to believe that they'll ever stop.

5. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure that both the Republicans and Democrats have got their best people working on whom exactly they're going to blame in the likely event that we are attacked again.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

I don't like to think that we are overdue an unthwarted terrorist attack. However I think that it is extremely naive to think there will not be another major terrorist attack on US soil. Let me be clear on this, I am not wishing for this to happen, it was too horrible the first time. The perpetrators of these crimes are extremely devoted and persistent they believe that since God is on their side they must continue until they reach their goal.

7. dong20

Gold Member

Today caused me no end of transports hassle but for sure that's better than being vaporised. I've not really had much chance to read up yet, only just got home after an emergency evac of Kings Cross.....ouch!

8. Shelby

Gold Member

Yep, the dem's will blame us and the rep's will blame them.

9. SteveHd

Gold Member

Overdue sounds like it's expected at some interval. I'm not quarreling with the O.P. I agree that someday someone will succeed and pull one off. I wish the mainstream media would quit implying "overdue".

Anyway, if it's something as complex as 11 September, I'd say no that isn't likely. If it's something like the African Embassy bombings or Khobar Towers bombing, I'd say that could happen and is somewhat inevitable.

If it happens, it will happen regardless of whether we're "occupying" a country in the middle east.

10. ital8

ital8 New Member

If it happens, it will happen regardless of whether we're "occupying" a country in the middle east.[/quote]

I happen to agree with that. Even if we leave Iraq they (and I mean the extremists) will find another way to terrorize the Western World. There were other terrorist attacks before the U.S. went to war with the Taliban and Iraq. The embassy bombing in Beirut, the first WTC bombing, two embassy bombings in Africa, and the USS Cole bombing are just a few examples. We're not fighting a specific nation so leaving a country won't solve the problem. When fighting an ideology it becomes much more complicated. I just think about how easy it is to plan car bombings or bombings in subways, train stations, etc. in any Western nation no matter what preventive measures are taken.

11. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

dont worry, I am sure Cheney and Bush are thinking of another one right now.

12. Kassokilleri2ff

Stop the insanity. Lets end humanity.

13. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I suspect those attacks occurred because the US and other western powers were supporting middle eastern despots and thugs (as well as unquestioningly coddling Israel's policies) for generations before open warfare ever broke out with the Taliban and al Quaeda.

14. SteveHd

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy, I suspect not. Only part of the reason USA is despised is our foreign policy. There are other reasons. There's no point in adjusting policy just because some fringe group doesn't like it. They'll hate us anyway.

15. SteveHd

Gold Member

End it the way Jonestown did?

16. earllogjam

Gold Member

Hey, we had power grid outages throughout the country which brought our state to near financial ruin and still reeling from. Just done with a few well placed phone calls to power suppliers. Who needs terrorists when there are corporations like Enron. It just shows you how precarious our way of life is and how dependent it is on electricity which we take for granted.

If you think about it all someone needs to do is to throw a hand grenade into a couple of transformer stations or bomb a fresh water pumping station and civilization as we know it will cease - quite easily done.

So many easy targets for terroists here. I think we all need to be the eyes and ears for these things. Good thing we have Homeland Security to protect us.:cool: What a joke - another useless bureaucracy.

17. ital8

ital8 New Member

HAHA!! No amount of security is a fullproof plan to combat terrorism. Look at the amount of cameras positioned in London, and yet the terrorists were this close to pulling off an attack. The good thing about that, is there faces were caught on camera.

18. earllogjam

Gold Member

Naah, Kool Aid is so passe. Vitamin Water - tastes like poison anyways.

19. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    We differ then.

Its inevitable that foreigners will dislike us for a variety of reasons: our habit of flaunting wealth, our loudness, our secular oriented government, our prominent ignorance, our self-righteousness, our economic success. I think many aspects of US culture chaff the ass of conservative muslims as well as much of the rest of the world.

But coarse culture, while annoying, doesn't necessarily drive others into a homicidal rage. It takes more than loud music, ignorance or flaunted wealth to do that. If we ever catch bin Laden I think we owe it to ourselves to ask they guy "why?" and really listen to the answer. We might hear only the raving of a lunatic or we might learn something valuable.

20. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well with us importing a major percentage of our food from countries like China, and other places, it should be easy to poison the american public.
    It was super easy with the Wheat Gluten. Look at how many dogs died. Not to mention humans that got sick, but contributed it to a common stomach flu. (Wheat Gluten is in just about every processed food there is, human and animal)

The FDA sure doesn't look at much, so why wouldnt they attempt it?
    Being that we have an administration that is hell bent on World Control, the hate is only going to continue, the attacks likely will continue until this country wakes up, and shuts the borders.

The US was a young country which grew from the melting pot.
    Well boys and girls, you'd better cover the Chili otherwise the flies will continue to dive bomb in it, and the whole pot of soup will be spoiled. ( you know what flies lay...so I wont go any further)

The other thing that pisses me off, is that the only reason these fucktards are getting away with treating good citizens like shit, is because they're allowed to get away with it, and 90% of people Let them.
    Same thing with the thread on High speeding costs in VA.
    Dont know about you, but I sure wouldn't stop. Id make it worth my money if I was going to get a ticket like that.
    TIckets aren't to enforce Laws, they are to Generate Revenue to lign the pockets of greedy men and women. Plain and simple.

I'm not saying Law enforcement doesnt have its place, but It's out of control, and until people start standing up for their rights, it's not going to get any better.

C

Draft saved Draft deleted