Are well-hung men more apt to sleep raw?

jaime: As far as I can determine, 15 to 25% of American men sleep raw. I wonder if there is any correlation between being well-hung and sleeping nude. Do well-endowed men sleep naked more than the general population? I am about average (7.25 X 5.25), sleep nude and freeball. So if you're well-endowed, do you generally sleep buck naked?

hungone: I need to wear underwear - I find it very difficult to roll over when I'm hard! (I actually really prefer wearing a jockstrap - seems to hold things in place!) ;)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Sleep Inn did a survey of 500 guests and found that 1 in 10 hotel guests sleeps in the altogether.

Conducted by WRA Research of Omaha, NE, they found that about 3 times as many men (15% vs 4%) as women sleep nude, since 78% of women prefer to sleep in a nightgown or pajamas.

Sleep Inn said they did the survey so they could best accomodate the needs of their nude guests (inadvertent disturbance by a maid, modesty during a fire alarm, etc.)

Of the men who don't go bare, 34% wear underwear, 28 % wear pajamas, 11% wear gym shorts, 8% wear t-shirts.

I sleep in the nude, too. At home, in a hotel room, staying at a friend's or camping, etc. I have all my life.

The males in my mother's family have done it from childhood, and freeballed as well, for generations.

So, as far as my family is concerned, dick size has nothing to do with it (although I can see where a man who is used to the support of underwear might want to have that support 24 hours a day, and will, therefore, wear something to bed for comfort).

Pecker

jaime: I did not mean to imply that size alone would cause a man to sleep nude. I was thinking that well-hung men may be more comfortable with their bodies, more comfortable with nudity, and perhaps more exhibitionistic. This may make them less concerned with hiding their bodies with sleepwear.

H8Monga: [quote author=jaime link=board=meetgreet;num=1053533441;start=0#4 date=05/21/03 at 12:13:23]I did not mean to imply that size alone would cause a man to sleep nude.  I was thinking that well-hung men may be more comfortable with their bodies, more comfortable with nudity, and perhaps more exhibitionistic.  This may make them less concerned with hiding their bodies with sleepwear.[/quote]

If they are sleeping by themselves, there is no need to exhibit. It might be more of a comfort thing. I did it to see what it was like, but not as daring as my soph. yr roommate who always freeballed and always slept nude. For the record, I never saw him and we never discussed personal issues.

I guess I did it also to be wild and since I am not alone now, I don't do it (I have a knack for kicking all the covers off and I don't want to offend or be embarrassed). I also think that it's a habit for some people. If you grew up doing it, you're used to it. But if you grew up wearing anything to bed, you might be comfortable that way and feel that is the way it must be. Just my guess.

Cityboy: Well I do sleep nude and for that reason. If I wear underwear my dick gets all twisted up in the underwear and makes it very uncomfortable. Sleeping nude is much more comfortable.

Michael5094: I usually sleep in the nude because when I get an erection while I'm sleeping it is uncomfortable with that big thing straining to get out in my shorts.

chipster: I grew up wearing pajamas. With mom and 2 sisters (no brothers), it was a matter of modesty. When I moved away, it took me a while to get used to sleeping just in briefs or boxers. Now I am uncomfortable wearing anything more. But, I still prefer some kind of loose shorts to nothing at all. When I roll over nude, my balls end up in an uncomfortable position. At 8" I'm not so big that nocturnal erections are a problem in shorts. :)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess modesty would be a consideration for some. In my case, I've shared sleeping quarters with brothers, my college roommate and my boyfriend. In those cases the sight of me nude, or even nude with wood, was not exactly news. I didn't feel the need to cover up in front of them. It might be a different story in front of people that I'm not on such intimate terms with.

brad2002: I prefer sleeping in the buff but size has nothing to do with it. It's just more comfortable, especially in the summer when it's warm at night. During the winter, I usually wear boxers and an undershirt because I like my bedroom to be cold at night and underwear makes a big difference. It makes getting up to piss during a cold night more comfortable, too.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Whopper's right. There might be a correlation that men without brothers might be more modest than men with brothers. After all, your brothers have to see it when they walk in on you in the bathroom, on the line to the shower, in the shower at pools and the YMCA. (For those of us raised in a rural setting, there's skinny-dipping.)

gigantikok: i dunno. I've slept my whole life in T-shirts i wore the same day. To get ready for bed, i usually just take off my pants and jump in bed.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I have been wearing a t-shirt that day and it is cool I will keep it on and chuck off everything else and since I usually go commando it doesnt take long.
If it is warm everything goes.
From your note gigantikok when your pants come off did you mean you usually sleep in undershorts, the shorts came off with the pants, or they werent there to begin with. Just kurios!

B_JohnTheHorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why would being well hung have anything to do with whether a guy prefers sleeping in the raw or not? i tend to more often than not myself.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Just thought I'd let you guys know -- I have joined the ranks of the raw!

I have two roommates and the three of us share two bedrooms. My male roommate and I share the master bedroom, but more often than not, he ends up sleeping on the couch in the living room. I take advantage of that and shuck the trousers; since he took a visit back home last weekend, I have been sleeping nude every night since then. Must admit, I like it! I sandwich myself in between my comforter and my velour blanket, and with the AC on full, I roll to the side and drift soundly asleep.

Morning wood really doesn't bother me; in fact, it's kind of nice to have it without restraint!

Hung11by6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah I sleep in the raw as well. Not sure if it has anything to do with how big I hang cuz when I was a kid and a teenager at home I wore boxers to bed. Morning wood is no problem cuz my dick doesnt really fit in briefs anyways and over half would be hanging out so it feels better just to let it flop. It does become a problem when you stay at someone elses house though and they walk in and see you in the morning!

Finedessert: "Morning wood really doesn't bother me."

Well, Dee Why should it your the only one looking at it.... ;)

Grandpa

asouthernboy: I sleep in boxers, it's more comfortable. If you've ever rolled over on your balls you know what I mean. I would think that if I were smaller IT would not get in the way while SLEEPING.

Longhornjok: Sometimes I wear a tshirt if it's chilly, but rarely wear anything else. I, too, hate how my junk gets all tangled up in material of boxers or pj bottoms. On the odd occasion when I have fallen asleep wearing those (passed out, dabbling in narcolepsy, etc.), I wake up the next AM and I have taken the things off and thrown them across the room in my sleep. Hmmm, unless someone else took advantage of me in my sleep on those occasions. ??? :D