Are Women Selfish?

korinaus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Whoops, I forgot the other point. Women are not selfish for not wanting their man to be a promiscuous dipstick. They just don't want to die of aids or any other STD and they want to be loved like any man with a heart. I don't want to share my wife and I don't want to share my body with anybody else. I just wish she wanted it a bit more often and enjoyed it a bit more. That is all I want.

Have you made it known to her that you really want it more? Still, she just sticks to her position?

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm all for sharing time and having fun, but sex for me is between me and my girl and it's special and I don't want to be "passing her around" like a drink or a party favor. Not respectful in my opinion. And I dont' think I'm being selfish, just realistic because it can avoid a lot of problems (relationship issues, sexual satisfaction issues, a "little creepy crawly friends" issues...)
Now, i have had some exes that were very jealous. But I'm not talking sex here (and I would have refused if they wanted me to go hump someone else), I'm talking just spending time with others. Some got jealous with me going to spend time with my other friends!

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We can only deal with generalities. Women, on the whole, are more discriminatory. Men are more accommodating but more possessive (only males make war for territorial gain and resouces) and, sad to say, less caring. Unlike men women rarely have the opportunity of getting up and walking away; they have to deal with the fall-out from failure. So they rightfully see men as an asset, while us poor males see women only as trophies.

D_Drew Peacock

Experimental Member
Media
Yes indeed, and that changes over time so it needs to be kept open as much as posslble for discussion. I guess my bottom line is that I am not ready to throw away the last shreds of what I value for the sake of any particular sex act, or in order that my own desires be fulfilled. I will not say "needs" because what I want and what I actually need are very often vastly different.

Don't get me wrong. I would never dream of telling people what kind of relationship is best for them. People have different needs and desires. Two people who invest in a relationship have a responsibility to make sure they're on the same page, that's all.

D_Drew Peacock

Experimental Member
Media
I guess the bottom line is that I can not speak for "women" because there are so many of them and they are all individuals and all different. I can only speak for me. Personally, I am selfish and I need to recognize and remember that and be careful not to act on it to the detriment of others. That is part of the challenge of being human. Anyway, that is how I see it from my very limited vantage point.

D_Eric_the_Bred

Experimental Member
Media
Well, that is what the marriage vows say, faithful to each other until death do us part. That is probably why marriage has fallen into such disfavor and is no longer nearly as popular as it used to be. It is not easy, but it is the deal we the married signed up for, and for better or for worse it is the commitment that was made.

And I don't think it is selfish. Idealistic, and perhaps a bit naive at times but it is what it is.

Maybe that's what you signed up for when you got married, not me. Don't confuse your experience with others'. My wife very much enjoys sharing me with other women, and with other couples. She enjoys seeing me in positions that she can't normally see me in, as well as the bit of competition it creates.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The expectation that one person should fulfill all your needs - sexual or otherwise - is unrealistic and an unfair burden on your partner unless that is what you both want.

Well, I have that exact expectation and so does he. My needs are well fulfilled, thank you. And yes, I am quite selfish. I'm also greedy, whiney, needy because I can be.

I know if my boobs don't get me what I want that my tears can. Sorry, guys, that's just the way it works most of the time. I'll use whatever I have to get what I want.

But I'm not that greedy actually, but I'm still selfish.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm pretty sure that women are NOT selfish.

Their history however, offers many explanations for their appearance of such.

First, women have been property (historically) not men. Therefore we are tradeable not men.

Secondly, for a woman to commit such an 'adulterous' act or allow one to happen is said to be shameful. The man can freely fulfill his libido while we are chained to our 'husbands'.

just a few...

EllieP: If a woman whined, nagged, cried, and tried using her body to make me do something, I'd have no problem putting a hand stamp on her face.

As far as marriage is concerned, it's the protestant society we live in now that forces marriage to be a "specific" something, when most people don't give a shit. The land of the free is filled with self-proclaimed morally just religious fanatics full of contempt for anything they don't understand or that doesn't agree with them. What is funny to me is we made laws and jails to protect ourselves from eachother, religion as a catharsis from having to think and be aware of how unimportant we are in the universe, and arbitrary "morals" and "values" so we can judge others. My morals and values are completely different than others, and I do everyone the courtesy of not fucking talking about them because no one wants to hear about how divine and just anyone else thinks they are.

Human beings are just animals with intelligence, love is infatuation, and society is full of people who can't think for themselves and should have fallen off the ladder of life years ago.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
EllieP: If a woman whined, nagged, cried, and tried using her body to make me do something, I'd have no problem putting a hand stamp on her face.

As far as marriage is concerned, it's the protestant society we live in now that forces marriage to be a "specific" something, when most people don't give a shit. The land of the free is filled with self-proclaimed morally just religious fanatics full of contempt for anything they don't understand or that doesn't agree with them. What is funny to me is we made laws and jails to protect ourselves from eachother, religion as a catharsis from having to think and be aware of how unimportant we are in the universe, and arbitrary "morals" and "values" so we can judge others. My morals and values are completely different than others, and I do everyone the courtesy of not fucking talking about them because no one wants to hear about how divine and just anyone else thinks they are.

Human beings are just animals with intelligence, love is infatuation, and society is full of people who can't think for themselves and should have fallen off the ladder of life years ago.

You're undereducated. Severely.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, I have that exact expectation and so does he. My needs are well fulfilled, thank you. And yes, I am quite selfish. I'm also greedy, whiney, needy because I can be.

As I mentioned that's fine if it works for you. My point (which seems to be continually overlooked) was that one person cannot own another or make them do something they don't want. What we get from another is given freely - not taken.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You're undereducated. Severely.

I don't see how you can draw such a conclusion from his post. It was a raw, personal observation of the world as he sees it...a little too cynical and glass-half-empty in its presentation for me personally, but essentially accurate nonetheless. What bearing would his level of education have on the validity of his opinion?