Are you a collector ?

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Just an interest thread about anything you may collect.

Do you use e-bay or car boots/Garage sales to find the item that you really want.

May be of an interest to some if people collect certain items others may know of sites/places to obtain.

I would also like to find out what people like to collect.

Thanks.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I'm posting this not as any kind of a reprimand but in case you are interested in reading about the collections of members from 18 months ago.

http://www.lpsg.org/54949-what-do-you-collect.html

I'd certainly like to hear what some of the newer members keep in the back of their closests :eek::wink:

Here's what I said:

I have collected many things over time - from badges (buttons) to matchbooks, rock samples, stamps in my passport and international rail tickets. Four country to country moves*, 1 family rift and a fire later and I have none of these things.
Maybe I'll start again with something else someday.

* with nothing but an old landie to fit everything we wanted to keep

B_mylipswet

Experimental Member
Media
In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I collect worldwide stamps. You can make a fortune if you know what you are doing. Stamps only increase in value. Anyone have a stamp collection to rid themselves of or need some advice on? Contact me I'd be delighted to give my honest opinion and I have a reputation to back up my honesty and integrity!

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I collect sports cards of Olympic homosexual athletes in all fields.
I am the judge of who is gay.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
comic books and hand crank music boxes.
the comics since the days of wee mickey lee. X-men to indie fold pressings. i just happen to love the medium.

the music boxes are an old adore given new delight. the boy seeks out the tinkery trinkets when he roams the world far away from me and me bed. not sure if the box holds the affection or if the gifter is the real focus of loveage.

ml

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well I have about 40 baseball caps. I dont consciously collect them but theyve just added up. If I see one I like, I buy.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I collect Ukiyo-e (Japanese woodblock prints). Mostly from the Utagawa and Katsukawa schools, but I also have some Hasui and Hiroshi Yoshida as well. I bought my first print knowing nothing about the art, I just liked it. It turned out to be an extremely valuable Hiroshige from the 53 Stations of the Tokiado seriesn circa 1845 or so. It's still my favourite.

I have collected oriental carpets and kilims for years.

I have a pretty good collection of motorcycles that expands and contracts seasonally.

I collected girls undies in high school. I gave that up when my parents found them in the trunk of my car. (They went to pack some groceries in there and were like WTF!...oops..)

Last edited: