Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Though "girly girl" is a pretty subjective name... fun thread! ^^

I guess I'm somewhat of a girly girl... I never leave the house without at least a little make-up on. I want to know I always look good, even if it's only to go get the mail out of the mailbox... ^^ When I go for a long run and my hair starts springing out of my ponytail, I stop and fix it. I'm always happy and friendly and I smile a lot. And I like to make other people smile. I like to wear dresses or skirts and high-heeled shoes (even though most people say I'm too tall to wear heels... I'm not exactly what you can call "petite" :tongue:) I dress "fashionised" and my bag will almost always match my shoes. I just loooove me-time. Thirty minute shower is a minimum. I like to do my nails and spend time on my hair. There doesn't even have to be someone around to watch it after, I do it just for me. Me-time takes up about 2 hours a day. ^^

But I'm also, most of the times, pretty opiniated. I'm not shy-hide-behind-someone girly. Pretty up-front about things and I rather have something out in the open than locked up inside. I like a good passionate discussion, and superficial people will never be my best friends. When I have a problem, I'm not going to wait for a guy to come and fix it for me. If the toilet is clogged it's not gonna fix itsself. So not soo girly girl in that sense of the word...

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes and no.

I always wear lipstick. Always. I think the last time I went snorkeling, I was wearing lipstick.

I'm not afraid of getting really dirty or sweaty. I use a lot of power tools and I do a lot of "manly" stuff with them and I even have a little mini electric chainsaw that I cut down some medium sized trees with (20-30' tall) and cut up and haul away all by myself, but when I use the chain saw in the yard and I'm getting all sweaty and dirty and covered in sawdust, I usually put a pretty flower behind my ear or attach it to my white safety helmet and I'm wearing lipstick, which I think looks really pretty.

I used to never leave the house unless I was wearing full makeup and I was dressed well, like I was constantly ready for someone to take my photo (but no one ever does!) I was one of those ladies who wouldn't take out the trash without checking my hair and re-applying my lipstick first. I've relaxed a lot on that kind of stuff. I do carry a little purse and wear heels all the time. That's really girly, but I've been told that other than my actual skirts and dresses, that my wardrobe is very masculine or "androgynous." I wear a lot of tailored pants in suit fabrics, button down shirts, blazers, suits, and wingtips with my jeans. Even when I'm outdoors, I have REI SPF tropical shirts that are vented and are quick drying that I prefer to wear. They don't look very "girly."

I can fish and I've fished a lot. I've hiked through the wilderness and slept under the stars a million times, even hiking over 100 miles carrying a pack that weighted 75% of my body weight up approx 3000 feet in altitude per day. That was extremely butch and tough. I was wearing lipstick the entire time, though, that's a little girly.

I've also shot guns with my male friends, and I can drive a vehicle off-road with skill, even get a vehicle without front-wheel drive unstuck from a mud-pit using only my ability to manipulate the wheel and the gears.

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am totally not a girly-girl.

When I was a kid I did play with dolls occasionally, but I also owned Skeletor (from He-Man) and transformer toys. I wore purple sometimes, but never ever pink. My favourite colours were black and blue. I spent most of my time with horses or hanging out in the bush near my house. I only wore dresses on formal occasions when my mum made me.

As an adult I NEVER wear dresses or skirts - don't even own any. I live in jeans or cargos. I own only three pairs of shoes (a pair for summer, a pair for the gym, and a pair of Docs). I don't wear or own make-up.

I tend to get along better with men. When I was a young-un I used to be extremely proud of the fact that I could keep up with the guys when we were drinking. I can change a tyre and am certainly not scared of bugs, snakes, etc. I prefer not to kill them though. I don't even move them unless they're in my way (like the spider who took up residence on a light switch) coz I think they're happy where they are. I hate romance movies and rarely cry.

I'm thinking I'm not a girly-girl :)

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I was a kid I did play with dolls occasionally, but I also owned Skeletor (from He-Man) and transformer toys. I wore purple sometimes, but never ever pink. My favourite colours were black and blue. I spent most of my time with horses or hanging out in the bush near my house. I only wore dresses on formal occasions when my mum made me.

Girls toys suck! I always liked "boy toys" better because their toys actually did interesting things. Transformers ruled! They were a million times more interesting than any doll.

I also rebelled against the gender programming. I hated pink because everything I was given was automatically pink because I was a girl. I hated that I didn't get to choose another color and that I was supposed to be one way or another. I also chose blue. It wasn't until I was an adult that I made peace with the color pink.

And dolls and doll clothes and fake babies and shopping carts are incredibly boring toys! Ugh! Real grocery shopping is boring and fake grocery shopping is 10x more boring. Why do they think we have to bore our little girls to death?

One year I got 8 Barbies for my birthday. I was so mad. I already had one Barbie and I hated it. Now instead of 8 cool gifts I had 9 dolls I hated. It drove me nuts that I was automatically supposed to love Barbie and all that damned blonde hair. Who on earth would think giving an Asian child a bunch of blonde dolls is going to be a good idea? Apparently 8 different mothers thought so. :rolleyes:

I tend to get along better with men. When I was a young-un I used to be extremely proud of the fact that I could keep up with the guys when we were drinking.

I also get along well with men and I have many male friends who like that I can just hang out with them like I'm one of the guys, but my friendships with women are just different and they're special to me. When I was in college I lived in a house with 6 men. I was the only woman in the house. While the bathroom and the kitchen were disgusting all the time, we had so much fun! I've never had more fun with a bunch of roommates. When I lived there I was both "house conscience" who kept the boys out of trouble, and "just one of the guys" who went along on their crazy and fun boy adventures. It's how I learned to drive off road, through streams, slide through mud-pits, and rescue a tiny hatchback that's stuck in a foot of mud (which was purposefully stuck in mud for the fun of it.)

When I moved out of that house into my own place, I discovered that being friends with so many guys meant that that a dozen guys would volunteer to help and get all my belongings from the house and up a flight up stairs into my new apartment, all in one hour flat from the moment I asked for help until everything was moved in. I own a lot of oak furniture that weighs a lot. I was very impressed by that. Male friends rule and will really come through for you when you need a hand with something. I've lost touch with a lot of those guys, but I'm still friends with some of them to this day.

I can change a tyre and am certainly not scared of bugs, snakes, etc. I prefer not to kill them though. I don't even move them unless they're in my way (like the spider who took up residence on a light switch) coz I think they're happy where they are.

For me, it depends on the type of bug or snake or reptile. I'm not too squeamish about many insects, and in fact I've even eaten a lot of bugs while camping (long story), but I really don't like getting bitten by bugs or animals, so I get nervous around the ones that bite.

Please tell me you didn't! :)

Sure did! We had an underwater camera, and I wore indelible lipstick while we snorkeled. I look quite nice in the photos. :smile:

Last edited:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You will find many things just can't be programmed regardless and not easy to explain. My daughter showed no interest in babies and baby dolls until she was potty trained and then she went nuts on putting diapers on everything and being a Mommy. With some of her autism in the early years, she did not understand what playing really was, it didn't matter to her if it was a boy or girl toy. But as soon as she began to understand language and communication her personality took off for the things she enjoys.

She loves dolls, babies and puts diapers on anything (including some bricks we had on the side of the house) she drew chalk faces on them and put a diaper on one side of the brick (this was just a few weeks ago and she's 8 now) Diapers are on everything with or without legs at our house. But she also loves to pick up and collect any frogs she can find outside. Watch gory shows, especially births and surgeries and thinks bugs are gross but really awesome all at the same time.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Girls toys suck! I always liked "boy toys" better because their toys actually did interesting things. Transformers ruled! They were a million times more interesting than any doll.

I remember being jealous of my brother coz he had Optimus Prime and Optimus Prime was the coolest of the cool transformers.

It wasn't until I was an adult that I made peace with the color pink.

I still haven't :)

One year I got 8 Barbies for my birthday. I was so mad. I already had one Barbie and I hated it.

I only ever owned one. She was necessary to look after the toy horse I had :)

I also get along well with men and I have many male friends who like that I can just hang out with them like I'm one of the guys, but my friendships with women are just different and they're special to me.

I find that I really need women friends - but only one or two at time thanks :) When I was 15/16 I lived in a house with three other female friends and one male friend. He kept me sane.

For me, it depends on the type of bug or snake or reptile. I'm not too squeamish about many insects, and in fact I've even eaten a lot of bugs while camping (long story), but I really don't like getting bitten by bugs or animals, so I get nervous around the ones that bite.

I'm in Australia - they all bite! I wouldn't want to eat them though. Not my idea of fine dining.

Sure did! We had an underwater camera, and I wore indelible lipstick while we snorkeled. I look quite nice in the photos. :smile:

I'm sure you looked very pretty :)

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You will find many things just can't be programmed regardless and not easy to explain. My daughter showed no interest in babies and baby dolls until she was potty trained and then she went nuts on putting diapers on everything and being a Mommy. With some of her autism in the early years, she did not understand what playing really was, it didn't matter to her if it was a boy or girl toy. But as soon as she began to understand language and communication her personality took off for the things she enjoys.

She loves dolls, babies and puts diapers on anything (including some bricks we had on the side of the house) she drew chalk faces on them and put a diaper on one side of the brick (this was just a few weeks ago and she's 8 now) Diapers are on everything with or without legs at our house. But she also loves to pick up and collect any frogs she can find outside. Watch gory shows, especially births and surgeries and thinks bugs are gross but really awesome all at the same time.

I remember when I was eight years old that one of my friends was like that. She had a little baby stroller and more dolls than I could imagine owning and she loved them and tried to play dolls with me, but I just didn't get it. I understood the concept, but dolls just aren't as interesting as actual babies, and I got bored of that game really fast. At the time, by best friends and I played "spies" a lot and we made up our own secret spy codes and stuff like that. Spies were a lot more fun to me than baby dolls.

If I have a daughter and that's what she likes, then I won't try and push her one way or another, which is the philosophy that my father used with me. He just left doors open for me to discover new interests but he never pressured me to be interested in any particular thing. That's what I want to do with my kids, let them be themselves, but provide them with plenty of opportunities to discover what it is that they like.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

It sounds like your daughter's doing really well. I've worked with some autistic children and many never learn to play at all. You've obviously done a fantastic job!

We used to collect lizards when we were kids. Kept them in a neighbour's toy box until his mum found out :)

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
TheBoyfriend just told me that his sister and his cousin used to play "French Spies" which is the same game me and friends played, except when they played it, they used a "French accent." He says they would pretend to take people's photos, as spies, but they would say, "kleek" instead of "click" because they were supposed to be French.

I had no idea this was a common girl's game!

Sounds like everything will be just splendid honestly. Thats the way to raise'em.

I think so!

I remember being jealous of my brother coz he had Optimus Prime and Optimus Prime was the coolest of the cool transformers.

No kidding! I think Transformers were the best toys to come out when I was a kid.

I'm in Australia - they all bite! I wouldn't want to eat them though. Not my idea of fine dining.

In the Rocky Mountains there is a species of mosquito that can tolerate extreme temperatures and smell prey from extreme distances. They also are attracted to heat, so while you're cooking, they dive bomb your food, exploding into tiny bits if they hit the pan, and embedding themselves in your food. There's too many of them and they're too fast to stop, they disintegrate into bits too tiny to remove from your food, so if you want to eat, and you really want to eat after you've just hiked 8 miles carry 80 lbs, up 3000 ft in altitude, then you just sprinkle some pepper on your food and pretend that all the little black specks are little bits of pepper. Yum!

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
TheBoyfriend just told me that his sister and his cousin used to play "French Spies" which is the same game me and friends played, except when they played it, they used a "French accent." He says they would pretend to take people's photos, as spies, but they would say, "kleek" instead of "click" because they were supposed to be French.

Lol :smile: In our games we always had American accents :smile:

In the Rocky Mountains there is a species of mosquito that can tolerate extreme temperatures and smell prey from extreme distances. They also are attracted to heat, so while you're cooking, they dive bomb your food, exploding into tiny bits if they hit the pan, and embedding themselves in your food. There's too many of them and they're too fast to stop, they disintegrate into bits too tiny to remove from your food, so if you want to eat, and you really want to eat after you've just hiked 8 miles carry 80 lbs, up 3000 ft in altitude, then you just sprinkle some pepper on your food and pretend that all the little black specks are little bits of pepper. Yum!

Sounds tasty :smile:. Do they go for the humans as well as the food? I don't react well to unknown mozzies. The bites swell up massively. I'm not a pretty site at the beginning of summer! I don't respond as strongly once my body gets to know the local mozzies (although I do go through it every summer).

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I'm definately a girly girl.I wear the full make up everyday (toned down for the hospital but all on nontheless),nail polish when i get home from work (not allowed it on at work for health & safety reasons),always wear it on my toe nails,always wear high heels/dresses/skirts and NEVER wear trousers and only wear sportswear under sufferance for the gym to work out.I wear pink everyday...even at the gym including a pink hairband.For 3 yrs bedroom was sugar pink with frothy pink drapes around my white 4 poster bed.

I also collect Barbie dolls (not the cheap toys that are bought for little girls for xmas) ranging from £150-£400 (she has crystal slippers and a beautiful red ballgown).

I HATE HATE HATE wearing blue which i HAVE to at work :( I wouldnt even have a blue/burgandy or green car!

Cannot abide with football,rugby etc etc etc and wouldnt EVER think of doing DIY.I even get my son to change lightbulbs (he is 6ft2 compared to my 5ft),he also changes fuses if my bf isnt at my house.

I'm not saying i'm feeble,far from it,i just don't do things i associate with masculine role.

Saying that,i love to paint the walls and do it very well too!

I wouldnt EVER have my hair cut short,wear guy clothes or even have

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

That's funny!

Sounds tasty :smile:. Do they go for the humans as well as the food? I don't react well to unknown mozzies. The bites swell up massively. I'm not a pretty site at the beginning of summer! I don't respond as strongly once my body gets to know the local mozzies (although I do go through it every summer).

Yes, they eat people, too! They're vicious. Sometimes they swarm so badly at dawn and dusk that you have to wear a bug net over your head and that's when they get in your food. That mostly happens below ten thousand feet in altitude, below treeline, but sometimes it's just bad luck. It's rarely that bad and the next night at the next place you've decided to camp there might not be any that you can see.

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by subgirrl

That's funny!

I've done some work in child care. It's pretty amusing when you see three year olds slipping into near perfect American accents as soon as they pick up a toy :smile:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Quote:
Originally Posted by subgirrl [URL]http://www.lpsg.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/URL]

That's funny!

I've done some work in child care. It's pretty amusing when you see three year olds slipping into near perfect American accents as soon as they pick up a toy :smile:

I think all children do that,i know mine all did.I had an American accent when i was a child but not now and couldnt do one if i tried lol!

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I couldnt be any more girly. I love all things pink, flowery, feminine. To my dismay my little girl likes blue, cars, and everything rough and tumble. I don't understand it, but I accept it. She has her girly moments but she has no interest in dolls or princesses. I loved Barbies and all kinds of dolls and other girly toys. Oh well. At least she FEELS like a girl. (I asked her and she confirmed she doesnt want to be a boy) I am definitely as girly as they come, but I am not a doormat or an empty headed bimbo if thats what some call "girly". I just embrace femininity.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I couldnt be any more girly. I love all things pink, flowery, feminine. To my dismay my little girl likes blue, cars, and everything rough and tumble. I don't understand it, but I accept it. She has her girly moments but she has no interest in dolls or princesses. I loved Barbies and all kinds of dolls and other girly toys. Oh well. At least she FEELS like a girl. (I asked her and she confirmed she doesnt want to be a boy) I am definitely as girly as they come, but I am not a doormat or an empty headed bimbo if thats what some call "girly". I just embrace femininity.

That's exactly the way I was! I didn't want to be a boy, I just didn't like girl toys and more importantly, I didn't like feeling forced to like one thing or another, so I rebelled against liking pink and dolls and things like that. Actually I still think dolls are boring toys, even though I've grown up to love clothes and makeup and having my hair done and I like real babies. Pretending all those things is still an incredibly boring idea to me. I understand the fun of pretending to be a mad scientist or a spy much better.