Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's exactly the way I was! I didn't want to be a boy, I just didn't like girl toys and more importantly, I didn't like feeling forced to like one thing or another, so I rebelled against liking pink and dolls and things like that. Actually I still think dolls are boring toys, even though I've grown up to love clothes and makeup and having my hair done and I like real babies. Pretending all those things is still an incredibly boring idea to me. I understand the fun of pretending to be a mad scientist or a spy much better.

I think that is a good point.A big part of it is not only liking certain colors and tools, but liking to being expected, encouraged or even forced to like them.
And that can lead to the rebelling against those things, even tho it the feelings towards pink are not much different to the feelings about yellow or some other color, one might will because of that avoid pink.
I don't really understand why blue is supposed to be a masculine color, and pink a feminine other than the societies perception.
I am quite certain there is nothing like a genetic determination for girls to like pink more. Meaning it is matter of socialization.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
wait...what??? I don't get the American accent!! What's that about?

It's because most of the TV shows they see and books they read are American. For instance, when me and my friends played Babysitters Club (OK so I was a little girly :) ) I had an American accent coz the Babysitters Club books were American.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm most definitely a girlie girl, but pink is not my thing. I'm more of a periwinkle, but I can work with teal or hunter's green.

Mum's a Brit, so we always had British accents. I can turn it on in a snap, but it sounds much nicer on guys than me. We did afternoon tea every day, and Mum always did it up big. No matter if it were just we two she would use her best service. We are civilized, you know.

We never had boy's toys around, but Dad's tools were everywhere! I can use most of them, too, but I don't let Cap know. Might hurt his ego if he knew I could have fixed that drawer in half the time he did.

But I love being treated like a lady, taking a bath two or three times a day, and wearing nice things. I can't go out until my hair's done. I need my lipstick within arm's reach at all times. I go camping but I need my air mattress and mosquito net. Better yet, a pull behind camper! We did that last time and I loved it!

I shot a shotgun a couple of months ago. Skeet only, nothing living. I'd rather not shoot a shotgun again. Not only was it too loud, but the bruise has just cleared up.

I want to jump out of an airplane and have tea with the Queen. Whichever comes first is fine with me.

I'm still a girly girl.

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a BLEND.

I love shopping. I love chick flicks. I love red & pink. I love make up. I love nail polish and doing my hair. I love wearing dresses, heels and lingerie. I love jewelry. I love dolls. When I was little I had tons of barbies, dolls, paper dolls and dress up clothes.

I would love to be spoiled and pampered...but in reality...I take care of myself. I'm a strong woman. I have always been the breadwinner. I get shit done. I also LOVE sports, good beer and shooting pool. I enjoy hanging out with men and talking about football and baseball. I can grill on the bbq. I can set up camp by myself.

However...I really am girly when it comes to fixing stuff. I don't want to bother figuring out how to fix my closet doors or the toilet or the drawer. That what boys are for. I'm a firm believer in boys chores vs. girls chores.

In the bedroom...I can go either way. I can take charge, but I love it when guys take control of me.