Are you a Hermit?

mariamluvsEMbig

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
depends on my mood...would never classify myself as a hermit but def a homebody sometimes...sometimes it's just nice to sit at home in a pair of comfy sweatpants and veg out

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Do you classify youself as a hermit?
Do others classify you as a hermit?

What are your habits?
What do you think caused you to become a hermit?
I meander in and out. Weeks at a time I will seclude myself happily and in these times I eat crackers, peanut butter and whatever I have in the pantry while puttering about, blinds and drapes drawn, with very few lights on, sitting at the card table playing solitaire or reading old newspapers and magazines. Then there are times I can't stay inside for all the tea in China.

What caused it? Well my dad was named Herman.:biggrin1:.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not a hermit, I'm a "homebody".

I guess I've become a homebody as I've gotten older. For the last 15 years living in Prague I was out almost all the time for one thing or another. Now, I'd just prefer going home, getting undressed and relaxing. I have dinner with friends and go to movies but the nights out are fewer and further between.

D

deleted3782

Following a definition of a hermit as a person who has withdrawn from society and lives a solitary existence; a recluse...I would say no, I am not a hermit because I have a job and interact with society pretty intensely through work.

However, the older I get the more isolating I am becoming in my non-work life. I don't necessarily seek out solitude...but social options do become more limited as you grow older and peers get married and have families. I also have a diminishing tolerance for "bullshit", be that defined as people that take and never give back, or people who use others, or people who are not what they seem, or people who are generally negative and waste my time and energy. I think most of the time I would rather stay at home alone than spend time with people I really don't like being around.

On the other hand, I do have bouts of loneliness...which is cool because it is an indication to me that I'm not totally an anti-social hermit. In a perfect world I would have a great friend who lives two doors down who walks in my house at whim and we grab a pizza or watch a movie. That how the sit-coms work...but that situation does not exist for me. :wink:

Crosz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes...kind of a hermit.No sexual/relationship experience,friendships,or social life to speak of
(ex. last movie I saw was Godzilla (1998) took
my little brother & his friend to see it).

Basically,I only leave home to go to work,visit parents or head off to the gym.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not exactly a hermit, but definitely a bit of a loner. It can cause problems with outgoing types who in my experience often think that anyone who doesn't respond to their overtures the way they expect is being aloof or snotty. Paraphrasing exwhyzee, I also have a pretty low bullshit tolerance threshold.

If i hadn't read exwhyzees definition i would have said yes ,but i guess i'm not after all.I love being by myself ,i think it has to do with being the middle child and growing up in a noisy household.but there's also a side of me that craves companionship,hanging out with friends,and going out.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like being at home. It takes me an hour to drive to the city so I tend to stay at home all week and go into the city on the weekends for shopping or a movie with a girl friend if I want company.

I agree with Exwhyzee that the older I get the less I like to tolerate people I disagree with, so I just stay away.