are you a "horrible driver"

aajjxx

Experimental Member
Media
No worries, I won't. I don't have much to say to man-bashers, and from the posts I've read since signing up this week, you are the biggest of them all dolfette, kudos :)

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
No I'm sure if you were directly insulted you wouldn't either. I posted my thoughts here, and was attacked, as I figured I would be. *shrug.

Okay, i didn't directly insult you, i apologise if thats how you read it, i was being sarcastic, very childish and immature of me i guess. Sometimes Sarcasm reads wrong on the boards.

My point was to poll it and find out what all the Women feel. Personaly i like reading the women's section its interesting and it comes from a different perspective. It also helps us men to learn more and the humor sometimes is great.

aajjxx

Experimental Member
Media
It's cool Tardis, and I really am leaving this subforum, hell probably this forum in general. I'm seeing more and more this isn't the place for honest discussion but rather a board for a small group to flame everyone who comes here.

The way they conduct themselves over at Thundersplace is way different, I'll keep that as my home. I shouldn't be donating to two big dick forums anyway heh, what's wrong with me!

Anyway, no harm no foul man, and best of luck to ya.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most bad drivers are oblivious that they cause accidents OR they think they are actually good drivers.

Then there are these assholes on the road that drive aggressivly and cause accidents speeding and weaving and think because they can drive like Earnhardt somehow they aren't the worst drivers on earth.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most bad drivers are oblivious that they cause accidents OR they think they are actually good drivers.

Then there are these assholes on the road that drive aggressively and cause accidents speeding and weaving and think because they can drive like Earnhardt somehow they aren't the worst drivers on earth.
i'll add to that...
elderly drivers. here there are thousands of drivers in the 60+ age group who have never had a lesson or sat a test. and our laws rely on people contacting the authorities to confess that they are no longer fit to drive. lots of these drivers are safe but lots of them are bloody lethal.

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Seems like a blonde question to me. On a per-kilometer basis, women have more collisions than men. That is, for every kilometer driven, women have a greater chance of a collision.

ouchie...that stung. But, even with the direct hit, NOW you are writing in english that I can understand. Still bullshit, because 1) anyone can fuck with a statistic and 2) well, it's just bullshit.

I've never been in a single wreck. Not. One. I'm not some fabulous driver, and I'm not alone among women.

The elderly and teenagers are the most scary/unsafe drivers -- not women.

geesh...now I'm grumpy!:frown1:

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Seems like a blonde question to me. On a per-kilometer basis, women have more collisions than men. That is, for every kilometer driven, women have a greater chance of a collision.

cite Please. What is the basis for risk? Insurance rates in Australia? Or is this just your conjecture or opinion?

The insurance industry worldwide vehemently disagrees.

The last time I checked - men pay a higher insurance premium than women on average, because men are MORE at risk of collision than women. Crash rates and studies in several countries point to this, including US, Europe, Asia and Africa.

"men, and young men in particular, tend to be more aggressive than women (in all known cultures) and they express aggression in a direct, rather than indirect, manner. This has a very significant impact on driving – encouraging more competitive and hostile behaviour with consequent higher probabilities of crashing."

Sorry but I'm going with who pays more for insurance -- not isolated opinions here - but on average - the insurance industry assumes the risk that men are more likely to get in to a collision than women.

Maybe you should change this thread to read are you an "aggressive driver" b/c men are paying more for their shitty behavior behind the wheel.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do think that women are as prone as men to get road rage, however. I have seen as many women as men shout, swear, flip the bird or squeal the tires when somebody angers them on the road. If aggression is a testosterone-driven behavior, I don't really see it on the road.

I've witnessed wretched behaviour from both genders behind the wheel. My last accident involved a woman who hit me from behind while I was stopped at a red light ("I'm sorry. I thought you were going to run through that light") and I watched two men engage in the worst kind of adolescent road rage a few years ago. Two pick-trucks constantly passing each other at high speed when the driver of one pulls to the right of the other, rolls down his window, and throws his Big Gulp at the passenger window of the other truck. Drink smashes on the window, cup flying at my windshield as i'm slowing down to avoid becoming another freeway statistic. I never ceased to be amazed at the sheer idiocy of some behind the wheel.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This section is for any and all questions about women, no matter how inane. Except when they get moved randomly. Makes perfect sense!

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting stat.

98% of men say they are better then average drivers

duh, 50ish % of drivers are women LOL i cant believe no one else went for that:biggrin1:

I'm rather new here, but it seems so far from what I've read that the mods may want to consider just barring men from posting in this section in the forum period.

Like the ladies say, this section is called "women's issues" and it seems obvious from my limited time on this site that men's opinions are unwanted and unwelcome regardless what they are in regards to.

Just a thought.

what about all the men pretending to be women?:eek:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what about all the men pretending to be women?:eek:
Apparently those are okay as are those who show no gender as they might be women. It's just the men secure enough to say so on their profile who should be seen and not heard.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if it helps the horrible driver debate any but I thought this clip might bring some levity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuSjJsbgRtg